What makes a Muse fan.......a Muse fan?

graciegirl

I know this has probably been said throughout this whole thread, but I've got to say it. I love Muse.

I love them because they're diverse. Alot of music is repetetive today, whether in theme, beat, lyrics, etc. but not Muse. They've got loads of different songs and themes and such ranging from Micro Cuts to Knights and Supermassive to USoE, so I'm never bored. And (god forbid) if you do get bored of Muse, you'll never get bored of who they are. Matt, Dom and Chris have such fantastic personalities, from a conspiring goofball to a shy, family man to the diversity that is Dominic Howard. They never fail to give me laughs or entertain me, and not only are they funny as hell, but they incorporate epxeriences and stories so it's not only about the music, it's about the band. I love them also because those two things go together, you can see how their music and personalities change and their feelings. There's sad songs, happy songs, rebellious, crazy, angry, everything. You can feel like you personally know them and their songs can make you feel or go along with your feelings as cheesy as it sounds. And it's not just the band and their music, but it's the fans too. I've made some great friends on this bored, closer than people I see everyday. We're dedicated, harsh and cruel, but we do love them. We get defensive and angry, or critical and rude, but we're still fans. We've got jokes and stories and that pulls us together. You may hate someone on this board, but you both still like Muse. And we build from that comon ground, making threads, banter, group etc. We've got dedication and that's why I love this board. My final reason is that Muse love us, they've done twitter and wiki and etc etc so you're not just 'the fans'. I heard one song and I was hooked, I'm not just a fan, I'm a Muser. Plus, how can you not love these smilies? :awesome:

:musesign:

This is beautiful :supersad: I agree with every word :musesign:

I remember reading somewhere that their contract with Warner Bros. says that they need to make a minimum of 7 albums, so at least we know they won't break up after this album. :)

I very much doubt that Warner would force them to make an album if they didn't want to.

I remember reading somewhere that their contract with Warner Bros. says that they need to make a minimum of 7 albums, so at least we know they won't break up after this album. :)

Hahah:D Let's hope for more than 7 albums :D All in all, everything seems to be really fine between them so no worries for now;) It was just an example, you know, to depict my point;)

And you know what? I love being a Muser. It is amazing how many postive and beautiful things everyone of us can write about them and how much connected to one another we can feel - this is the feeling that no one can understand better than Musers themselves;)

I very much doubt that Warner would force them to make an album if they didn't want to.

Yeah, I guess so. But, (and I'm taking a risk by saying this, beacause 1.) I don't know much about how record companies work, and 2.) the chance of getting into an argument with Sippe) surely Muse won't be payed for future sales of their releases if they bail out on their record company? Or am I just being stupid?

Still pretty impressive! The thing I wrote was just a jumbled mess of feelings :$

It wasn't a jumbled mess of feelings, it's how you felt at the time and as cheesy as it seems you've got the right to express that. You could go onto a rooftop and scream it to the city and that would be absolutely fine. I've just been writing alot lately so I guess I'm still in that 'phase' I get into where everything's nostalgic and such, some people find it annoying but it's one of the best ways I can describe how I feel about muse so you people who think I'm weird can STFU!! :phu: (almost wrote STFD, almost... :chuckle:)

I made alot of grammar/spelling mistakes in mine though :chuckle: Oh well, that's the bauty of editing and spell check :happy:

I think I like Muse because everything they do has some quality of uniqueness and greatness. I've never heard something quite like Muse. I also think that you do have to be a little odd by some standards to fully enjoy Muse and the Musers. :) I don't think I was a full Muser until I joined the boards. All the little jokes and quirks we have are just one more thing that connects us. And I think that even though we see the imperfections of the band and the song, but we still love them speaks volumes about our dedication. Seeing the personalities of Matt, Dom and Chris, seeing their interviews and how they work makes them human. To me, it's not possible to love/idolize someone that doesn't have that real quality. Muse has that, and that's why we're so obsessed. :happy:

It wasn't a jumbled mess of feelings, it's how you felt at the time and as cheesy as it seems you've got the right to express that. You could go onto a rooftop and scream it to the city and that would be absolutely fine. I've just been writing alot lately so I guess I'm still in that 'phase' I get into where everything's nostalgic and such, some people find it annoying but it's one of the best ways I can describe how I feel about muse so you people who think I'm weird can STFU!! :phu: (almost wrote STFD, almost... :chuckle:)

I made alot of grammar/spelling mistakes in mine though :chuckle: Oh well, that's the bauty of editing and spell check :happy:

Haha aw well thanks :) yeh that sounds like me shouting it off a roof if I could :chuckle: no yours was extremely literate!

Haha aw well thanks :) yeh that sounds like me shouting it off a roof if I could :chuckle: no yours was extremely literate!

'Screaming your adoration for Muse from a rooftop' -added to bucket list :thumbsup:

Another reason I love Muse: Fashion Sense Revolution (skinnies, leopard print, shiny clothes etc.) I never saw them a few years ago, Muse starts and BAM! Trend of the nation even though it probably wasn't them directly, but I'm a Muser so I'll say it was :awesome:

'Screaming your adoration for Muse from a rooftop' -added to bucket list :thumbsup:

Another reason I love Muse: Fashion Sense Revolution (skinnies, leopard print, shiny clothes etc.) I never saw them a few years ago, Muse starts and BAM! Trend of the nation even though it probably wasn't them directly, but I'm a Muser so I'll say it was :awesome:

I started loving leopard print because of Dom. :D

Hell yeh!

I bought bright orange skinnies on Saturday - Dom inspired, I read 1984 - Matt inspired, I know more about Dave Grohl only because I read about Muse touring with FF so yeh they have opened up new awesomeness to me :)

Hell yeh!

I bought bright orange skinnies on Saturday - Dom inspired, I read 1984 - Matt inspired, I know more about Dave Grohl only because I read about Muse touring with FF,

High-five! (no one does high fives anymore :supersad:)

Got me some red/blue/black and hope to get the other colour skinnies, got Animal Farm and will get 1984, and I'm now a Tom Waits fan, he's got this really weird music style, I can see why Matt likes him :happy:

Muse: Giving you fashion advice, great music and entertainment since the 90's :D (almost wrote Since the fifties! :chuckle:)

High-five! (no one does high fives anymore :supersad:)

Got me some red/blue/black and hope to get the other colour skinnies, got Animal Farm and will get 1984, and I'm now a Tom Waits fan, he's got this really weird music style, I can see why Matt likes him :happy:

Muse: Giving you fashion advice, great music and entertainment since the 90's :D (almost wrote Since the fifties! :chuckle:)

Since the 50s oh my god favourite video :LOL: the bit after where he goes wooooaaahhh! Animal farm is a good book :) haha that sounds about right ;)

Since the 50s oh my god favourite video :LOL: the bit after where he goes wooooaaahhh! Animal farm is a good book :) haha that sounds about right ;)

And 'the trade off between the American government and them where we let them hehe abduct people and they give us techonology :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:' I'm reminded of that everytime I'm in tech and then someone asks what I'm laughing about and I end up choking out 'aaaaaaaaliieensss.' :LOL:

And 'the trade off between the American government and them where we let them hehe abduct people and they give us techonology :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:' I'm reminded of that everytime I'm in tech and then someone asks what I'm laughing about and I end up choking out 'aaaaaaaaliieensss.' :LOL:

Omg :') :LOL: 'oh I just spilled a Load of water! I don't normally laugh like this, I've got one of those funny laughs, those stomahahahach ones' :3 and Doms 'you got possesed'

Omg :') :LOL: 'oh I just spilled a Load of water! I don't normally laugh like this, I've got one of those funny laughs, those stomahahahach ones' :3 and Doms 'you got possesed'

Someone jokingly asked if I was (weird people I know...) and my friend said something like that and I just laughed even harder :LOL: Then I sat up and took a breath and she asks 'You had a pwopa laugh there?' and I was like :awesome: She's not a Muser (yet :ninja:) but she's :awesome: for remembering.

Someone jokingly asked if I was (weird people I know...) and my friend said something like that and I just laughed even harder :LOL: Then I sat up and took a breath and she asks 'You had a pwopa laugh there?' and I was like :awesome: She's not a Muser (yet :ninja:) but she's :awesome: for remembering.

Haha! I keep trying to convert my friend too :rolleyes: the other day she turned to me and went 'no you idiot!!' and then was like wait where was that from...? And I was like HA you quoted Dom!! :awesome:

Haha! I keep trying to convert my friend too :rolleyes: the other day she turned to me and went 'no you idiot!!' and then was like wait where was that from...? And I was like HA you quoted Dom!! :awesome:

A few friends like a few songs, but they're usually the most popular ones around (Uprising, UD, etc.) but my one friend favorites Assassin so he's :awesome: for that. For a while today whenever someone said something I did a muse quote and my other friend kept on repeating 'quoted by Muse' until I stopped to screw them over.

i.e.: Person 1: 'I went fishing last summer.'

me: 'I cotta pwopa fish!'

Person 2: 'quoted by muse.'

*repeat until*

Person 1: I lost my flash drive

me: Aw, *random comment about flash drive here*

Person 2: 'quoted by Muse.'

me: 'That wasn't one.'

Person 2: 'Really, it wasn't?'

me: 'Nooo you idiot!' :p

You get the idea :chuckle:

YKYAMFW (You know you're a muse fan when) you try to convert all your friends