What makes a Muse fan.......a Muse fan?

graciegirl

Yes, to say Muse fans are loyal is an understatement! :LOL: I think, though, that one of the most endearing things about Muse is their loyalty to each other. They obviously have much more than a simple "working relationship". They appear to be genuinely best friends, and it almost seems as if Matt wouldn't be able to be so uninhibited onstage without Dom & Chris being there. He's certainly appears far more comfortable doing interviews with them being there than ones where he is alone. The band obviously value their personal relationships very strongly. Look at Chris's loyalty to his family, and at Matt's long term relationships with his girlfriends. Their "goodness" as people shows, and it makes us love them all the more for it.

And then there's the utterly fascinating Matt. He seems to be, at the core, a fairly shy and reserved person. Yet when he's onstage, he can completely let go -- almost to the point where it can be uncomfortable to watch him! (and yet he's nearly phobic about bantering with the crowd!) I almost envy his ability to bear his soul. Plus, he's SOBER when he does it, and he's always been able to do it -- from the very beginning of the band. It's not as if it was only success that gave him the confidence to let go. He has said many times that his most honest and true self is what he is onstage. His ability to "let go" allows US to let go too -- and the fact that music is phenomenal too makes Muse the "perfect storm" of a band.

It's the music that initially draws fans in, and then the band themselves that make mere "fans" become "Musers". :)

Yeah, I can't help but think that a lot of people are somewhat affected by a 'group' metality in places like this. On any forum where things are discussed that are subjective. I keep trying to write out an example, but I can't think of one that makes sense, probably due to tiredness. I do enjoy listening to Starlight, although I do also think it's a bad song. Now, if I enjoy it, why do I think it's a bad song? That makes no sense to me, and I didn't think it was a bad song before I came here. However, as much as I enjoy Starlight, I do not wish to see it live

/incoherentramble

Yeah, I can't help but think that a lot of people are somewhat affected by a 'group' metality in places like this. On any forum where things are discussed that are subjective. I keep trying to write out an example, but I can't think of one that makes sense, probably due to tiredness. I do enjoy listening to Starlight, although I do also think it's a bad song. Now, if I enjoy it, why do I think it's a bad song? That makes no sense to me, and I didn't think it was a bad song before I came here. However, as much as I enjoy Starlight, I do not wish to see it live

/incoherentramble

Another endearing thing about Muse......

They are blatantly human. Some songs are brilliant, and others are mediocre. ;)

/incoherentramble

I agree...

My point was just that when you first get into a band, like Muse everything seems new and great and amazing and you love everything. After some time you start actually seeing that not all songs are great, that some are better than others and such. Liking songs is subjective and the forum didn't ruin any of my opinion towards them. I still preffer BHaR to Showbiz just as I did three years ago...

but back to the question.....

i get obsessed with stuff easily, but its never for more than a month..... but this........ ever since i've heard of them i've been obsessed.

im only 11, so i cant afford all their merchandise,i've only been to one Muse gig (but im going to wembly!!!!!!!!! :D), i cant fly across the world to see them, i cant have all their albums (i only have most of them, my parents wont let me buy all of them), i cant meet them because i live in london, one of the most muse loving cities in the world, so i have no chance ever. and normaly, when i find something impossible or really hard, i give up completely, and yet, im in love with muse. i would die for them. i cry whenever i think of them getting hurt. i hate anyone who disses them. i dream of killing myself for them. they keep me from killing myself, as my life is really messed up ( i was almost raped when i was 10, my brother is disabled, and my sister is a [i hate to say it] slag. :( )

Muse are so unique, and perfect...... all those interviews, they seem so nice, and matts facebook said how he was sorry he couldn't meet everyone..... so he obviously cares. oh yahoo i asked "how can i get in touch with muse?" and everyone was like "GTFO, they dont want to talk to you. so fuck off" and stuff......... it really hurt me, as all i wanted to say to muse was that i love them, even though they probably get millions of those emails a day, i still just wanted them to know........

but muse are just amazing..... i found i got bored of stuff like owl city and coldplay after about a week..... but muse i've been listening to an hour every day, for over a year, i and love their songs even more than i can imagine...... especialy the b-sides.... they are amazing!!!!! Hullabaloo <3

ive almost killed myself so many times i cant count... but muse keep me alive.....

im in love with matt, dom and chris.

if someone says something with the lyrics of a song/song name/even related to muse, i quote them.... i swell up, and i get depressed if one of them is hurt (e.g. matt still loving gaia)

and dont say i dont know what love is, because i know. i've had my fair share of boyfriends, so i know what love isnt, i've read SO many novels, i've been obsessed with so much stuff and people.... all i've been through.... i KNOW what love really is...... and thats how i feel about muse.... not a "omg i love muse" but a "im in love with muse, i would do anything for them. diss muse and you will ACTUALY not wake up. they keep me alive. i think of them every moment of my life. if they died [god (even though i dont believe in god) forbid that that will ever happen] i would kill myself....."

i read a rumour they were going to split up....... i broke down.... for hours.......... i considered suicide..... but then i found out it was just a rumour...... and i wanted to die of happieness!

i love muse.... it isn't rational........ but i cant let them go.... and i never will, and never want to.

<3 Muse (i really do...)

I would also say something(almost) like that... :musesign::thumbsup: (but i don't have the time to write so much... :()

You'll grow out of it, trust me.

I agree...

My point was just that when you first get into a band, like Muse everything seems new and great and amazing and you love everything. After some time you start actually seeing that not all songs are great, that some are better than others and such. Liking songs is subjective and the forum didn't ruin any of my opinion towards them. I still preffer BHaR to Showbiz just as I did three years ago...

I didn't say that I'll feel like that for ever.I just said how I'm feeling right now and this is kinda magic to me since I don't get obsessed for too long but this is different.

Forums don't decide which song is good or bad for me.I do it.I already know that some songs aren't as good as others,and that some older songs are far more amazing than the new ones and the opposite.So,as you said I'm not as obssessed as I was or I don't like the band as much as I did?

In my opinion,when you love a band so much,you can't just stop liking their music ,jokes etc.Your reaction about what you hear about them changes because you're more used to it than you were when you first got into it.

I still think Starlight is a good song :$

Starlight is a good song.

i get obsessed with stuff easily, but its never for more than a month..... but this........ ever since i've heard of them i've been obsessed.

im only 11, so i cant afford all their merchandise,i've only been to one Muse gig (but im going to wembly!!!!!!!!! ), i cant fly across the world to see them, i cant have all their albums (i only have most of them, my parents wont let me buy all of them), i cant meet them because i live in london, one of the most muse loving cities in the world, so i have no chance ever. and normaly, when i find something impossible or really hard, i give up completely, and yet, im in love with muse. i would die for them. i cry whenever i think of them getting hurt. i hate anyone who disses them. i dream of killing myself for them. they keep me from killing myself, as my life is really messed up ( i was almost raped when i was 10, my brother is disabled, and my sister is a [i hate to say it] slag. )

Muse are so unique, and perfect...... all those interviews, they seem so nice, and matts facebook said how he was sorry he couldn't meet everyone..... so he obviously cares. oh yahoo i asked "how can i get in touch with muse?" and everyone was like "GTFO, they dont want to talk to you. so fuck off" and stuff......... it really hurt me, as all i wanted to say to muse was that i love them, even though they probably get millions of those emails a day, i still just wanted them to know........

but muse are just amazing..... i found i got bored of stuff like owl city and coldplay after about a week..... but muse i've been listening to an hour every day, for over a year, i and love their songs even more than i can imagine...... especialy the b-sides.... they are amazing!!!!! Hullabaloo <3

ive almost killed myself so many times i cant count... but muse keep me alive.....

if someone says something with the lyrics of a song/song name/even related to muse, i quote them.... i swell up, and i get depressed if one of them is hurt (e.g. matt still loving gaia)

and dont say i dont know what love is, because i know. i've had my fair share of boyfriends, so i know what love isnt, i've read SO many novels, i've been obsessed with so much stuff and people.... all i've been through.... i KNOW what love really is...... and thats how i feel about muse.... not a "omg i love muse" but a "im in love with muse, i would do anything for them. diss muse and you will ACTUALY not wake up. they keep me alive. i think of them every moment of my life. if they died [god (even though i dont believe in god) forbid that that will ever happen] i would kill myself....."

i read a rumour they were going to split up....... i broke down.... for hours.......... i considered suicide..... but then i found out it was just a rumour...... and i wanted to die of happieness!

i love muse.... it isn't rational........ but i cant let them go.... and i never will, and never want to.

<3 Muse (i really do...)

I didnt see that post before.Well,I agree with this in bold,that's my that's why I love them.

But seriously,sometimes it's better not to get that addicted to something(evenif that something is Muse) coz ,like you said,you could hurt yourself.It's just not healthy.And I'm telling this because I was like you a couple of months ago.Someday they will be too old to play and they'll split up,and I just deal with it.(even if it's hard)

im only 11, so i cant afford all their merchandise,i've only been to one Muse gig (but im going to wembly!!!!!!!!! :D), i cant fly across the world to see them, i cant have all their albums (i only have most of them, my parents wont let me buy all of them), i cant meet them because i live in london, one of the most muse loving cities in the world, so i have no chance ever. and normaly, when i find something impossible or really hard, i give up completely, and yet, im in love with muse. i would die for them. i cry whenever i think of them getting hurt. i hate anyone who disses them. i dream of killing myself for them. they keep me from killing myself, as my life is really messed up ( i was almost raped when i was 10, my brother is disabled, and my sister is a [i hate to say it] slag. :( )

<3 Muse (i really do...)

Suicide because of a band break-up would be such a silly thing to do. What would you write on the suicide note? "Sorry mum and dad but Muse broke up so I felt sad and threw away everything you've ever given me".

Anyway this post is over a year old so hopefully you've changed since then.

Suicide because of a band break-up would be such a silly thing to do. What would you write on the suicide note? "Sorry mum and dad but Muse broke up so I felt sad and threw away everything you've ever given me".

Anyway this post is over a year old so hopefully you've changed since then.

Over a band break up would be way too much. There are a few musician's who've had such an influence that when they died or killed themselves so did some of their fans. I love Muse but I hope no ones that attached to the band to harm themselves (and of course, I hope there's never a situation that would call for it)

Over a band break up would be way too much. There are a few musician's who've had such an influence that when they died or killed themselves so did some of their fans. I love Muse but I hope no ones that attached to the band to harm themselves (and of course, I hope there's never a situation that would call for it)

Agreed. Music appreciation and fandom should be a nice hobby. It should never become a substitution for life. That's when it gets scary.

<3 Muse (i really do...)

Good god, I really hope it never comes to that. I mean, it's not exactly a fine line between obsession and, well, as someone else said, a substitute for life; this is bigger than that, and I damn well hope you're past that o.o

uhh well, on a perhaps lighter note, I reckon Muse fans recognise that fact that Muse isn't just a passing obsession. (eg, little beiber had his fame and if i'm not mistaken, fan's are dwindeling, casually hopping onto the 1D crap) So it's not just Muse, the fans are loyal and highly unlikely to desert them even for a month! Muse jumps into our minds and our cd players and then keeps on jumping back! we love matt's strange, out-of-this world brilliance, and his everchanging laugh :LOL: dom's 'fashion' and chris' restrained epicness!! and their music actually reflects them! Their style is amazing and watching them live is a pleasure (that i have yet to experience :( ) and so it follows, that unless we die (-__-), Muse fans can't decrease...ONLY INCREASE!! :D

• 3 months later...
Good god, I really hope it never comes to that. I mean, it's not exactly a fine line between obsession and, well, as someone else said, a substitute for life; this is bigger than that, and I damn well hope you're past that o.o

uhh well, on a perhaps lighter note, I reckon Muse fans recognise that fact that Muse isn't just a passing obsession. (eg, little beiber had his fame and if i'm not mistaken, fan's are dwindeling, casually hopping onto the 1D crap) So it's not just Muse, the fans are loyal and highly unlikely to desert them even for a month! Muse jumps into our minds and our cd players and then keeps on jumping back! we love matt's strange, out-of-this world brilliance, and his everchanging laugh :LOL: dom's 'fashion' and chris' restrained epicness!! and their music actually reflects them! Their style is amazing and watching them live is a pleasure (that i have yet to experience :( ) and so it follows, that unless we die (-__-), Muse fans can't decrease...ONLY INCREASE!! :D

Speaking of suicide - we all are obssesed and I'm sure some of us see Muse as susbtitute for life, it's just the way how we see it - you have to be realistic. I mean - Matt, Dom and Chris are just people. Extraordinary, extremely talented and brilliant, but still humans. They will split up one day, that's what every band eventually does. But they've already created so much great music! Even if they split up after the sixth album (I hope not, of course, but even if) I will appreciate that they left so much music behind. I mean this is the beauty of them. And of music itself. As you said: Muse isn't a passing obsession - once you love them, you always want to come back. And you always will be able to. Music can't hurt you, it will be always there for you, no matter if the band is still making new stuff or not. Once created, Music will not chanage or disappear. Those five albums of Muse plus b-sides and lots of live stuff - those are hours of great music, great memories, great feelings and emotions. It can inspire you throughout the whole life. And that is what you should stick to when they split up.

At least this is how I see Muse and music you really love;)

Besides it is accurate when it comes to other obsessions like Potter for example - I was growing up with those books and films and I felt really sad when the last book was published or the last movie came out. But evantually it passed. Now I am so grateful that I can still come back to those books or films. And recall such a fanatastic memories of the past 10 years;)

I don't know how I became so obsessed with muse. I tend to get obsessed easily, when I was 13 I loved McFly so much and then Robert pattinson when 14 but oh god this is different - I am 16 now and have been in live with muse for over 2 years. I honestly don't know if my love for them will end, like sure it will fade but deep down it will always be there. My feelings developed - starting with buying the resistance, loving it, watching YouTube videos and falling in love with those 3 men and their personalities, buying all the other albums and realising what a genious Matthew Bellamy really is.

Their music is so different from any other bands and to me, it is unique, beautiful, powerful and so so out of this world. I have my own opinions on what is good or bad of what they do and dont really care what others think or what is the usual to hate (eg guiding light, setlists etc)

I have noticed that alot of musers (and I'm sure any band obsessives) suffer from depression and I am happy to say I am definately not one of these

I can't say muse have 'saved my life' but they have certainly opened my eyes to how music can be and how something 3 men do can make a massive impact on thousands feelings

It's so hard to express how I feel about them and all I can say is I don't want them to ever stop - I love them so so much for everything they do and I honestly don't know what I would do if this ever ended

Muse's music tend to make feel you feel really personal, they've got a way to get inside you, as if they're expressing exactly how you feel. It's just sounds so pure and universal , it sounds really honest and raw on an emotionally level, hence why you feel really close to it. The one problem with muse is that they can make one too emotionally serious about things, or overly emotion about things.

As for me personally, the whole ambition and creative genius side of it inspires me a lot, and Matt Bellamy with his open-mindedness makes me feel conformable :p Muse is my muse what can I say. I know from my own experience that the band has probably influenced me in a negative way, in the sense I get too serious about things or over react. It really depends how often you listen to them. Saying that it probably explains their newer direction

Muse just have the whole package.

I know this has probably been said throughout this whole thread, but I've got to say it. I love Muse.

I love them because they're diverse. Alot of music is repetetive today, whether in theme, beat, lyrics, etc. but not Muse. They've got loads of different songs and themes and such ranging from Micro Cuts to Knights and Supermassive to USoE, so I'm never bored. And (god forbid) if you do get bored of Muse, you'll never get bored of who they are. Matt, Dom and Chris have such fantastic personalities, from a conspiring goofball to a shy, family man to the diversity that is Dominic Howard. They never fail to give me laughs or entertain me, and not only are they funny as hell, but they incorporate epxeriences and stories so it's not only about the music, it's about the band. I love them also because those two things go together, you can see how their music and personalities change and their feelings. There's sad songs, happy songs, rebellious, crazy, angry, everything. You can feel like you personally know them and their songs can make you feel or go along with your feelings as cheesy as it sounds. And it's not just the band and their music, but it's the fans too. I've made some great friends on this bored, closer than people I see everyday. We're dedicated, harsh and cruel, but we do love them. We get defensive and angry, or critical and rude, but we're still fans. We've got jokes and stories and that pulls us together. You may hate someone on this board, but you both still like Muse. And we build from that comon ground, making threads, banter, group etc. We've got dedication and that's why I love this board. My final reason is that Muse love us, they've done twitter and wiki and etc etc so you're not just 'the fans'. I heard one song and I was hooked, I'm not just a fan, I'm a Muser. Plus, how can you not love these smilies? :awesome:

:musesign:

Speaking of suicide - we all are obssesed and I'm sure some of us see Muse as susbtitute for life, it's just the way how we see it - you have to be realistic. I mean - Matt, Dom and Chris are just people. Extraordinary, extremely talented and brilliant, but still humans. They will split up one day, that's what every band eventually does. But they've already created so much great music! Even if they split up after the sixth album (I hope not, of course, but even if) I will appreciate that they left so much music behind. I mean this is the beauty of them. And of music itself. As you said: Muse isn't a passing obsession - once you love them, you always want to come back. And you always will be able to. Music can't hurt you, it will be always there for you, no matter if the band is still making new stuff or not. Once created, Music will not chanage or disappear. Those five albums of Muse plus b-sides and lots of live stuff - those are hours of great music, great memories, great feelings and emotions. It can inspire you throughout the whole life. And that is what you should stick to when they split up.

I remember reading somewhere that their contract with Warner Bros. says that they need to make a minimum of 7 albums, so at least we know they won't break up after this album. :)

Archived