What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

My order is as so. 1. OoS, 2/3 Absolution/Resistance (will depend on how i view Resistance after a couple of months of ''settling in time'' 4 BH&R 5 Showbiz

You cannot really rank albums such as OoS with those such as The Resistance. Bands change, the music you hear on OoS is sadly never going to be Muse ever again. They have chosen a new direction (when they released BH&R), to keep (the majority) of fans happy, and more importantly keep themselves interested. Resistance is one hell of an album, so is OoS and Absolution but they cannot be compared. I love OoS for its brilliance and because all the songs work together, and in the same way, although Resistance is a higgledy-piggledy mess of lots of different influences, it works amazingly well as a piece and Muse should be congratulated on that.

I never really understood things like this. Surely even though people like it very little it cant be gaps if there are no more albums out!

/wise arse

Huh? The point is that it's so far below any of their other albums in quality, not sure what you're trying to say though.

See, this is why I have issues with ordering their albums. I was 14 when I got Showbiz so that album (and OoS to a lesser extent) happened during the years of my life that my adult personality was starting to develop...

So I always want to put Showbiz really high. Sometimes I'm even tempted to say it's my favourite. But am I doing that because it is genuinely a good album or am I doing that because of nostalgia and the fact it defines a part of my life?

It does make me sad that so many people rate Showbiz last though because for a debut album by a young band finding its voice it isn't THAT bad really.

I was never really a fan of Showbiz until last month when I put it on really loud. Its :awesome:. Theres something about it that I just love.

It's very hard to believe it's the same band that made Showbiz and The Resistance as they both sound so different.

I'm really surprised by how badly BHAR is doing actually, and just a bit sad that Showbiz is lagging so far behind, even though I didn't even vote it my number one.

Favourite > Origin. I couldn't really pick anything else with a clear conscience, it just has so many amazing songs and caters for every mood that you could possibly be in and spans so many genres. It has everything I could wish for in an album and is just great songs without the (bordering on) overproduction that some of the later ones have been subject to.

Origin > Absolution > Showbiz / BHAR

I'm not counting the Resistance in yet as I've been saving the full album for when I physically have it in my hands. But judging by what I have heard I'm expecting it to be about on a par with BHAR or maybe a bit higher.

Showbiz is a funny animal really isn't it? I mean I've rated it as one of my least favourite Muse albums but really I love it and a while ago would have said it was my favourite album. I think that to a certain extent they have come so far and grown so much from that point that it's very difficult to compare it as a full album to their more recent material. Certainly some of the songs on it could measure up to the current stuff but as an album there is much more filler which is what brings it down here.

I don't think you can dissociate the 2. For me album preference is as much about the music itself than the emotion or where I was at in my life, that's why I can't rank them either.

Even tho I got into them later on Showbiz is actually the 1st Muse album I bought so it will always have a special place for me. Yes a debut album is still a place where an artist is looking for themselves but at the same time it made me fall in love with Muse so it had to be good.

Indeed. Showbiz was the album that made me love Muse. It was the only album they had at the time so it had to be doing something right? :)

I was never really a fan of Showbiz until last month when I put it on really loud. Its :awesome:. Theres something about it that I just love.

It's very hard to believe it's the same band that made Showbiz and The Resistance as they both sound so different.

It seriously freaks me out that it's the same band sometimes :LOL:

The three part symphony doesn't really fit in well with the rest of the album... which is pop. At least, more poppy than anything they've ever done. I'm not saying pop is inherently bad or anything, but it doesn't suit Muse, really.

Other than Uprising/Undisclosed Desires this album isn't nearly as commercial as

I thought it would be.

BHAR has way more pop songs (and way more crap songs).

Other than Uprising/Undisclosed Desires this album isn't nearly as commercial as

I thought it would be.

BHAR has way more pop songs (and way more crap songs).

Resistance is kind of commercial sounding, but too long for commercialness. Other than that I agree.

Resistance is kind of commercial sounding, but too long for commercialness. Other than that I agree.

The chorus of Resistance I suppose, yeah, but it's got quite a bit of depth to it compared to Uprising.

My opinion on OoS (not that anyone will care): New Born>Bliss>Space Dementia>Plug In Baby>Micro Cuts>Citizen Erased>Hyper Music>Screenager>Megalomania>Darkshines>Feeling Good

Nah. Citizen Erased is teh best of course!! :awesome:

(I'd say Citizen Erased>Space Dementia>Micro Cuts>Bliss>New Born>HyperMusic>Plug In Baby>Screenager>Megalomania>Darkshines>>>>>>Feeling Good)

Pah. Not that I'll complain. The first seven songs on that album are all brilliant.

Archived