What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

BH&R has SP on it, which is just as awful. Both have their strong and weak points. I like them both.

Soldier's Poem is one of the best songs on BH+R.

1) OoS - Obvious

2) The Resistance - Epic, just wish it had more solos and tracks D:

3) Showbiz - I don't know, there just really aren't any tracks I dislike on it.

4) Absolution

5) BH&R - Meh

Theres hardly any love for Soldier's Poem, which I think is a shame. It's a great song and does well to bridge the gap between Map of the Problematique and Invincible. BH&R needed something minimalistic, and this was just that. It's a great song in my books.

I was totally not expecting it to be this way by the previews...but The Resistance has surpassed Showbiz for me. I mean, even Guiding Light has grown on me to a point where I could literally play track #1 all the way through to Exo without thought. The flow of this album is amazing.

1) The Resistance

2) Showbiz

3) Origin of Symmetry

4) Absolution

5) Black Holes and Revelations ( I actually like this album a lot too, so its all win for me. I don't quite get why so many see it as such a poor album. SMB sucks and I don't care for Soldiers Poem or Take a Bow, but the rest is quality stuff!...Hoodoo!)

I need to listen to The Resistance more, but I still think that Black Holes and Revelations is their best. As it stands now:

1) Black Holes and Revelations

2) The Resistance

3) Absolution

4) Origin of Symmetry

5) Showbiz (loooong way down from the rest, I never really listen to it)

BH&R not popular then? Wow.

I must say it has some incredible tracks on it. Take A Bow is my most played Muse record ever. City Of Delusion is phenomenal, Starlight and SMBH are two of their biggest commercial successes and Knights of Cydonia will probably be forever more the mainstay of Muse's sets... but at the same time the album does have some dross. More than ever is the description "A handful of bangers and the rest fillers' apt... But I feel the strongest songs on a commercial tip are from this album. This is why I believe even far into the future, this album will feature strongly in all live Muse sets.

The Resistance is my favourite album. Every track I like and everything flows into each other with great transitions. I feel they approached this album as exactly that, an album that is smooth within itself more so than a collection of songs.

I must say it has some incredible tracks on it. Take A Bow is my most played Muse record ever. City Of Delusion is phenomenal, Starlight and SMBH are two of their biggest commercial successes and Knights of Cydonia will probably be forever more the mainstay of Muse's sets... but at the same time the album does have some dross. More than ever is the description "A handful of bangers and the rest fillers' apt... But I feel the strongest songs on a commercial tip are from this album. This is why I believe even far into the future, this album will feature strongly in all live Muse sets.

The Resistance is my favourite album. Every track I like and everything flows into each other with great transitions. I feel they approached this album as exactly that, an album that is smooth within itself more so than a collection of songs.

I agree with that, I love SMBH, Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique and Knights of Cydonia but I've pretty much forgotton about the rest, songs like Invincible and Soldiers Poem I took at instant dislike to which I can't really say with songs on the other albums.

Theres hardly any love for Soldier's Poem, which I think is a shame. It's a great song and does well to bridge the gap between Map of the Problematique and Invincible. BH&R needed something minimalistic, and this was just that. It's a great song in my books.

I love Soldier's Poem.

Wow. I'm really proud of Muse for creating an album with should good feedback! Give your self a pat on the back! You deserve it IMO!

For me:

1. OOS

2. Black Holes & Revelations

3. The Resistance

(reasonably big gap)

4. Absolution

5. Showbiz

Really nothing between the first three though. And I'm not knocking the other two either - both have several songs I love on them.

I suspect its going to come at a lot of peoples last choice. For me it's some of the most Creative work they have done as musicians as individual songs, MOTP, COD, excellent. But as an Album the weakest album they have done.

Absolution is a journey from start to end. It is such a strong album, even with the straight forward songs such a TSP or TOADA.

I would be very happy not to hear starlight on the setlist. The very fact there are commercialy known songs is the Influence of Warner who have no influence on Live tours.

Give me Dead Star Of Fury any day in such songs like that.

1 Absolution / Resistance (Can't make my mind up ATM)

2 OOS

3 BHAR

4 Showbiz

I suspect its going to come at a lot of peoples last choice. For me it's some of the most Creative work they have done as musicians as individual songs, MOTP, COD, excellent. But as an Album the weakest album they have done.

It's far more of a creative attempt than say Origin of Symmetry (which is my favourite Muse album), but as an album it bombs, because there's one thing with being creative, its an entirely another thing to make it work, and I just don't feel Black Holes and Revelations has any flow or any common ground which make all the tracks feel like part of an album.

Absolution is a journey from start to end. It is such a strong album, even with the straight forward songs such a TSP or TOADA.

I would be very happy not to hear starlight on the setlist. The very fact there are commercialy known songs is the Influence of Warner who have no influence on Live tours.

Give me Dead Star Of Fury any day in such songs like that.

1 Absolution / Resistance (Can't make my mind up ATM)

2 OOS

3 BHAR

4 Showbiz

BHaR has many great songs, but it simply doesn't work as an album like the others. The Resistance flows exceptionally well, and that's why it stole the crown from OoS for me. Although that gap (the song quality one) between them is growing for me... Slowly, but it is...:rolleyes:

Archived