What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

I've listened to Muse since Uno came out, therefore my arguements are more valid than yours. :phu:

I lied, I didn't like them much until New Born was released as a single, it really doesn't matter how or when you got into Muse, just don't be a tool when discussing them

I hear some real drum beats, as apposed to all the fake shit like hand claps and synthesized snare and kicks that matt throws in, but it doesn't do it for me. It doesn't feel like the direction Muse should be moving in. about a year after BH&R, I believe I read an interview where Matt stated that the new album would be "space rock" and it would have a 15 minute rock piano solo. Just where the fuck is that space rock piano solo is what I'm wondering here..

Exogenesis? It's not exactly 15 minutes and not piano playing all the time but I find it pretty space rock.

Could you explain the direction you want muse to move to? More and more OoS? Tons of albums that all have the exact same idea?

RussMaGuss's point being that he's able to look at Muse's progression from a completely different perspective than people who got into them with BH&R...

I didn't get into them with BH&R. I got into them after BH&R was released. I got into New Born when heard it on the radio, then a friend of mine borrowed me OoS and after listening to that I started searching their other stuff.

RussMaGuss's point being that he's able to look at Muse's progression from a completely different perspective than people who got into them with BH&R...

Thank you.

I just don't think it was the right move for them, and I saw it coming as soon as I popped in BH&R. It was still Muse, but they were evolving in a way I thought was bad. It's Matt's opinion though, that matters to him, and not mine. I would never force anyone to play something they didn't want to, even if I had the power to. Otherwise the "Jo-Bros" would all be dead right now.

Hardly mindblowing. You can get the same effect by listening to the albums in order.

*shrug*

I maybe became a 'fan' after BHaR was released but I had heard all their previous stuff minus showbiz from an early age.

Yeah well I was such a fan of OoS when being four years old :rolleyes: this age thing is so silly it's not even worth talking about.

bowdown.gif

.... oh wait? No one cares. We all have the album.

:LOL: Well answered...

I hate when people pull crap such as "I have been listening to them for longer" so I am the authority on Muse.

We all have the albums, we all have ears and I am pretty sure that you don't have to have been listening to them for 10 years to pick on their progression in the last decade :rolleyes:

yeah, if you wait a couple years in between listening to each album.

.... how is that different?

When I first got into Radiohead I made sure to listen to the albums in order, one day. Hardly hard to notice the progression from OK Computer to Kid A, is it?

Hardly mindblowing. You can get the same effect by listening to the albums in order.

*shrug*

You have no expectations of them when you're looking back on them, as opposed to watching a new album of theirs come out. There is a difference, I wouldn't dismiss it so lightly.

It's only really relevant if you've actually grown up with Muse, i.e. your own tolerances/taste in music/ability to comprehend music has developed whilst Muse have been releasing albums.

I got into Muse when I was 12/13, and after I got OOS, it was probably at least a year before I listened to any of the other tracks aside from New Born, Bliss and Plug In Baby :LOL:.

It's only really relevant if you've actually grown up with Muse, i.e. your own tolerances/taste in music/ability to comprehend music has developed whilst Muse have been releasing albums.

I got into Muse when I was 12/13, and after I got OOS, it was probably at least a year before I listened to any of the other tracks aside from New Born, Bliss and Plug In Baby :LOL:.

:LOL:

It wasn't until I found myself humming Hyper Music one day I realised I was actually a fan of Muse and not just a fan of those 3 songs.

You have no expectations of them when you're looking back on them, as opposed to watching a new album of theirs come out. There is a difference, I wouldn't dismiss it so lightly.

Expectations are a bit daft anyway when you're following a band, especially a band like Muse who have made 5/6 albums all with such different feels.

But still, I've been a fan since Absolution. But .... New Born is my favourite song. OOS is probably still my favourite album. I could hope for them to make a song like New Born again, just as much as someone who heard it when it came out. Makes no difference imo.

bowdown.gif

.... oh wait? No one cares. We all have the album.

Love it!:D

I'm not even going to start to try and compare and rate the albums because it varies all the time depending on what I feel like listening to. It was BHaR because that was the first album I had but after I purchased their back catalogue my favourite became Absolution and then it was OoS and then it was HARPP and then Showbiz for a while, and then Hullaballo B sides and then Hullaballo live.

But at present the one I'm enjoying most is The Resistance.:D I'm adoring it! And this is Muse. It is Muse now! I don't even feel like listening to their previous stuff at present because I'm excited by this. It's just full of so many good things. And because I'm listening to Exogenesis atm I'm feeling a little emotional.

Negativity is deadening to be honest. Of course people are entitled to their opinions but sometimes we all spend too much time talking about the music, analysing it to the finest detail, rather than enjoying listening to it.

1. OoS. Undeniably their best album. Everything fits; It's almost perfect. Plus it's got Citizen Erased.

2. Absolution. Very good album; almost on par with OoS. Butterflies & Hurricanes, Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria are my personal favourites from this one.

3. Resistance. This album has a lot of good songs like Resistance, MK Ultra, Unnatural selection and all three the Exogenesises.

4. Showbiz. Has some great songs on it (Cave, Uno, Showbiz, Sunburn) but also a few songs I really don't like (Filip, Sober).

5. BH&R. Same as with Showbiz. I still love the album, but on this one are the most weak songs: SMBH, Soldier's Poem, Invincible and Hoodoo.

Negativity is deadening to be honest. Of course people are entitled to their opinions but sometimes we all spend too much time talking about the music, analysing it to the finest detail, rather than enjoying listening to it.

Yeah.

I don't see any point complaining how "teh gitarr riffs r gone!1 tis no moose anymoar!".

I do think OoS is good. It would be cool if they made another album like that. But that would just cause new people complaining "this sounds like new born, this sounds like citizen erased and this is exactly like screenager" etc.

And I really do enjoy tr. It's poppy yeah and cheesy and whatever, but it also has guitar riffs. It also has a bloody symphony that is the best thing musically I've heard in a while.

And pop music really doesn't equal bad. Usually pop is considered bad 'cause it's a bit boring, but I don't find IBTY and UD boring at all.

1. OoS. Undeniably their best album. Everything fits; It's almost perfect. Plus it's got Citizen Erased.

2. Absolution. Very good album; almost on par with OoS. Butterflies & Hurricanes, Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria are my personal favourites from this one.

3. Resistance. This album has a lot of good songs like Resistance, MK Ultra, Unnatural selection and all three the Exogenesises.

4. Showbiz. Has some great songs on it (Cave, Uno, Showbiz, Sunburn) but also a few songs I really don't like (Filip, Sober).

5. BH&R. Same as with Showbiz. I still love the album, but on this one are the most weak songs: SMBH, Soldier's Poem, Invincible and Hoodoo.

I agree apart from your 'weak tracks' on BHaR, there lyk teh best songz!

Archived