What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?  

1,471 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favourite Muse Album?

Incidentally looking back at some posts, you could also say that getting into them later makes you less prejudicial and more able to assess each album objectively rather than based on your memories of something you were going through at the time.

d'ya think that could be the same if you happened to listen to absolution first, LOVE it, then OOS and love it then BHaR and... not so much.. then showbiz and love that? and all that happened over the course of a couple of months.. i kinda wish i'd listened to BHaR first just so i wouldn't be as disapointed...

d'ya think that could be the same if you happened to listen to absolution first, LOVE it, then OOS and love it then BHaR and... not so much.. then showbiz and love that? and all that happened over the course of a couple of months.. i kinda wish i'd listened to BHaR first just so i wouldn't be as disapointed...

Well I don't find BHaR disappointing, it has plenty of its own qualities. It's different that's all. We have been spoilt really having so many great Muse albums to choose from.

What I like particularly about The Resistance is the musical journey it takes us through. It's the most diverse album they've ever done.:D

Incidentally I was just thinking, my husband whose mainly into heavy metal, and has seen quite a few heavy metal bands live was absolutely blown away by Muse at Teignmouth!:D

Sorry, I respect everyone's opinion and everything, but how can you possibly make the judgement of Resistance being last? Hell, I can't even decide where to put The Resistance yet because it hasn't sunk it at all yet as "proper Muse material."

It's always hard to judge how good something is, but is very easy to find out how much you dislike something. People do it all the time with many bands and artists. I get where you're coming from with ranking albums and all, but if you hate the new album, you can slot it in last place quite easily.

It's only really relevant if you've actually grown up with Muse, i.e. your own tolerances/taste in music/ability to comprehend music has developed whilst Muse have been releasing albums.

I got into Muse when I was 12/13, and after I got OOS, it was probably at least a year before I listened to any of the other tracks aside from New Born, Bliss and Plug In Baby :LOL:.

See, this is why I have issues with ordering their albums. I was 14 when I got Showbiz so that album (and OoS to a lesser extent) happened during the years of my life that my adult personality was starting to develop...

So I always want to put Showbiz really high. Sometimes I'm even tempted to say it's my favourite. But am I doing that because it is genuinely a good album or am I doing that because of nostalgia and the fact it defines a part of my life?

It does make me sad that so many people rate Showbiz last though because for a debut album by a young band finding its voice it isn't THAT bad really.

See, this is why I have issues with ordering their albums. I was 14 when I got Showbiz so that album (and OoS to a lesser extent) happened during the years of my life that my adult personality was starting to develop...

So I always want to put Showbiz really high. Sometimes I'm even tempted to say it's my favourite. But am I doing that because it is genuinely a good album or am I doing that because of nostalgia and the fact it defines a part of my life?

It does make me sad that so many people rate Showbiz last though because for a debut album by a young band finding its voice it isn't THAT bad really.

I don't think you can dissociate the 2. For me album preference is as much about the music itself than the emotion or where I was at in my life, that's why I can't rank them either.

Even tho I got into them later on Showbiz is actually the 1st Muse album I bought so it will always have a special place for me. Yes a debut album is still a place where an artist is looking for themselves but at the same time it made me fall in love with Muse so it had to be good.

Showbiz is pretty good really, but I never got that into it. Because I got into Muse in the OOS era I bought both albums at the same time and Showbiz just seemed like a lesser album in comparison. I always end up reluctantly rating it low in these Muse album comparisons, but as I don't have any tracks I particularly dislike on it (unlike the last 3 albums) I do wonder sometimes whether I should put it higher...

Archived