How would you feel if The Resistance is the last Muse album?

Mozza

How would you feel if this is the last Muse album?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if this is the last Muse album?

• I'd be happy they ended on a high
    • I'd cry forever
    • I'd be glad, they're awful now
    • I never liked them
    • I'd be upset but i'd get over it

This is something that has been going through my mind recently after reading that translated Italian article in a magazine where it (whether translated correctly?) suggested that as a group they had debated splitting last year. I would be absolutely devastated if this happened, as by far, they are my favourite band to listen to, to follow, and I'm constantly wanting to hear new material from them. Matt does seem very "loved up" at the mo' in his personal life and Chris has his family commitments. The new album is interesting because it seems to take them into so many new directions, it is very experimental. As a band they could either believe they have tried everything and split or produce more work following in one of these new directions. I just hope it is the latter. :(

I hadn't gotten the impression that they had intended this to be their last album, but I do think that we've all gotten used to them taking their time putting out albums. It hasn't been like a regular thing and 2 or 3 years seems to be the average...

And I don't know about ye, but the time doesn't seem to pass too slowly because they're always ... around... or something! There's never *that* long where they completely disappear off the face of the Earth! But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was maybe 4 years or so before we got another, but then with these lads you never know - maybe they'll just get so creative they can't help themselves and we'll have another new album on our hands in no time :happy:

I don't remember what interview it was, but Matt said something about the next 5-10 years and making new albums.......

also, on absolute radio the guy mentions that it was still relatively early in their careers. then when he asked about albums vs. new ways of releasing music, Matt sarcastically said "yeah we're done" and then said they won't stop producing new material for a while.

but I would cry if they stopped.

• 2 years later...

I can't see them wanting to get proper jobs anytime soon unless they're going for early retirement and will just live off the royalties from re-releases :LOL:

Ok serious now: I hope it isn't the last, I've had their music in my life for over 12 years and it would still be there if they decided to stop tomorrow.

The £65 is what most bands / ticket agents are charging now. Getting Muse tickets has become a military operation these days so I doubt I'll even get the chance to spend this amount (plus additional fees) anyway.

I'd never cry if a band that I liked split up, at most I can just see myself getting pretty fed up. As far as Muse goes, it really depends though, if them carrying on meant them progressively getting worse then I wouldn't mind as much. However, if they can continue making new, fresh music that's fun and interesting to listen to then I wouldn't want them to stop now and I don't think they'd want to either.

Considering that over the past year or so I've started to branch out a lot more in terms of how many favourite bands I have and how many different artists I like to listen to, I don't think them announce the split after this album would hit me as hard as it would've, say, one or two years ago.

Archived