How would you feel if The Resistance is the last Muse album?

Mozza

How would you feel if this is the last Muse album?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if this is the last Muse album?

• I'd be happy they ended on a high
    • I'd cry forever
    • I'd be glad, they're awful now
    • I never liked them
    • I'd be upset but i'd get over it

So the opinion of the board appears to be that this is a very good album (really? On a muse fan board?). But how much further can they go?

I think that, with the capacity Matt has for composition now, and the fact they tried it in this album, that they can go further and create more wonderful things!

Or they could do what they said one day - create singles and stuff and a greatest album or something

I think that, with the capacity Matt has for composition now, and the fact they tried it in this album, that they can go further and create more wonderful things!

Or they could do what they said one day - create singles and stuff and a greatest album or something

Yeah but they do all have their own seperate lives now. The days of getting an album every other year are definately gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if after this album they went right back to their roots and came up with something more like Showbiz or OoS. I find it hard to imagine what could come next after such an experimental diversion with The Resistance.

I love it though; it's so different but you also feel the journey which is the most common theme in their music.

I honestly would not be surprised in the slightest if this was their last album... not forever... but maybe for the next 5-7 years or so... everything seems to be pointing towards it... the fact that they considered it before this album, matts now engaged and might be ready to move his life to the next step, dom has a gf - maybe thinking the same, it would be an extraordinary way to finish - with the symphony and all. There is no way they would just stop music though - they are way to passionate about it... but yeah I would not be surprised if this is the last album we get for a lil while.

I honestly would not be surprised in the slightest if this was their last album... not forever... but maybe for the next 5-7 years or so... everything seems to be pointing towards it... the fact that they considered it before this album, matts now engaged and might be ready to move his life to the next step, dom has a gf - maybe thinking the same, it would be an extraordinary way to finish - with the symphony and all. There is no way they would just stop music though - they are way to passionate about it... but yeah I would not be surprised if this is the last album we get for a lil while.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. I don't think they will ever "break up" as such but I do think they are probably at a stage where they want to focus on their personal lives...Chris has a wife and kids and Matt and Dom are doing their own thing too.

I think after this album/tour they will take a few years off.

though it pains me this doesn't seem far-fetched at all... hope im wrong, 5-7 years or whatever the estimated gap is a long time

This is probably sad but true. Of course we all want them to be happy and settled, its just weird to think there might not be music for a rather long time.

Also, I didn't know Dom had a girlfriend, bless him. Am I a tad late for this news? :LOL:

Honestly....

... this really SHOULD be there last album because nothing they ever do will better it. Their whole careers so far have been building to this album, it is their peak.

I would be upset if they never made anymore music, I am hoping that I will be proven wrong and the next album is even better, upon which I will quite happily eat up my words on a hair pie, but I doubt it.

...blah! God, seriously, I must not think of this!!!

Why sob and feel bad of something we aren't sure of? Let's live the present and get surprised for the future... all the possibilities.... we won't know until uh... at least 1 year and a half or something

So I won’t think of this anymore, because they’ve done a new and great album, I’m going to see them live for the first time in November, and it's going to be one of the best days of my life! Muse exist now, right? So…… I couldn’t be happier! :D

Oh dear god, no! NO! NOOOOOOO! :'( :( Yes, I will cry forever and end up in a nuthouse if this is their last album.

Matt recently said he's interested in pursuing other things, like composing music for movies, but hopefully he can manage to do both. We all know how much they love performing, so I don't think they'll abandon that altogether anytime soon. Honestly, I think the women in their lives will have alot to do with what happens next.

Archived