How would you feel if The Resistance is the last Muse album?

Mozza

How would you feel if this is the last Muse album?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if this is the last Muse album?

• I'd be happy they ended on a high
    • I'd cry forever
    • I'd be glad, they're awful now
    • I never liked them
    • I'd be upset but i'd get over it

I don't want to think about that , the thought of it makes me cry !!! I'm a real fan for only a year and I never been to a Muse gig , so I really hope it's not their last album !!!!!

Same

To be honest id be gutted if it ended that i only got to experience a 5th of what i couldve done :(

I'd certainly be very upset. They mean a lot to me (I know they don't even know I exist but they've 'changed my life' by giving me more confidence) and if they suddenly stopped making music, I don't know who else I'd listen to :supersad: I don't think it WILL be their last, because they LOVE playing live and if they don't create more music, they can't play live. :erm: What a depressing topic :(

god i really hope not

1) i'm just getting into music and it would be so rubbishy to wait like my entire youth for another album..(selfish reason)

2) i think they could still go somewhere from this album, not sure where.. maybe get crazy simple or something.. now that would be radical.. seeing as they've just been getting progressively more complex their entire music careers.. (musical reason) it would be really interesting seeing where they could take 'emselves kind of a good challenge for them or whatever

i'd be ridiculously sad if they just stopped :(

a pretty big impact was made on my life through them, sort of gave a bit of direction to my personality's development y'know

depressing thread is depressing

I would be so upset if thye didn't make another album. They really mean a lot to me. TR has completely suprised me. It's awesome.

I think I'd prefer them to keep making albums even if they weren't much good than giving up all together and not making another album. I'd be heartbroken if I thought there was never another chance for an EPIC Muse track. :'(

The good news is that I don't really believe that Matteh could STOP making music, even if he tried. He's always composing, isn't he?

I do for gods sake hope you're right about that! Even though it would be nice for them to stop at the top, it would have broken my heart. Their music is unique and I have never, ever found any other band that makes music which makes me feel the way I feel when I listen to Muse.( And I listen to a LOT of music) Yeah you could probably say that there's allways five albums to listen to plus b-sides and live versions, but I just love waiting for new material. I love how they allways surprise me and how they allways seem to be able to bring that energy in to their music. There's just so much personality in every Muse CD and live performance, and the thought of this being the last we see of that is horrific. My life won't be the same without them :)

I don't think I'd get over it. Muse are such a large part of my life.

The good news is that I don't really believe that Matteh could STOP making music, even if he tried. He's always composing, isn't he?

And in an interview he said he's always 'obsessively thinking about music'. I don't think he'll stop composing any time soon :)

Fuck that...I already have their songs why would I want them again???? I could just burn them all onto one CD for use in the car.

yeah I know, I'm just quoting what matt said once or something :$

I wouldnt mind singles like deadstar/in you world once in a while....

I'm pretty sure this won't be the last one...I mean, i'm sure it'll be a looooong time yet until another album is even considered, but that's totally fine by me :) besides, i find it unlikely that the uniqueness and advancement of Muse could ever end any time soon, no matter how long it takes :) I wouldn't mind if it took over five years, gives them more time to produce another great masterpiece like The Resistance, which i can see being my new favourite album very soon :D

In the meantime, lets carry on enjoying each and every album that we know and love more than anything else ever :D

oh and by the way, if it was actually the last album, i'd probably hide myself in a cupboard and never come out :LOL:

This is probably sad but true. Of course we all want them to be happy and settled, its just weird to think there might not be music for a rather long time.

Also, I didn't know Dom had a girlfriend, bless him. Am I a tad late for this news? :LOL:

He did for a while, but I'm pretty sure he's single now.

TR shows that they could continue making albums for a while yet if they wanted to, focusing on each direction separately rather then putting them all on one album. They still a great deal of potential, but it all depends on where they want to be in their personal lives.

I don't even want to think about how gutted I'd be if they broke up in a couple years. :(

Guest Octazooka

I don't think they'd ever stop making music. It's too big a part of their lives, that's what the guys said as well in their past interviews... So maybe we are looking at a big gap period, but some bands are like that-they go pfft for a few years and come back with an album. Maybe that break might be even good for them musically too.

though it pains me this doesn't seem far-fetched at all... hope im wrong, 5-7 years or whatever the estimated gap is a long time

Although to be honest, I'm happy with 7 years if it meant either that or not at all!

I think it will be a while and this won't be their last. Now they've reached different heights in their music with Resistance, I reckon the next one will be some epic blend of their old style of the Showbiz/Oos days, mixed with the new style they've taken on. And, quite frankly, if I am right - I think it will be their best album ever.

Archived