So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?

• Best song on the album.
    • Er.. I mean it's okay. It may grow on me.
    • I can't wait to hear the rest of that guitar solo!!!
    • What the fuck @ 80s style production?
    • I hate it.

I hate Guiding Light because it isn't strong and it is an 80s power ballad....it is not the 80s and those were never good. It is just icky to me.....but all the more power to people who enjoy because you can just listen to the album straight without skipping anything. :D

and also there's going to be some flaming FOR MOAR USELESS THREADS!

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE RESISTANCE THREAD

ARRRRRRRRRRGH *flames*

+1

This is all very nice and everybody is entitled to their opinion but....... THERE'S ALREADY A GUIDING LIGHT THREAD - USE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Okay people, I need you to stretch your imagination for this. Also, being in an 'altered' state of mind would help greatly.

The sun shine trapped-in-our hearts it could rise (a- gain)

But I..... can't... help.................. fall- ing in love (with you)

I did say it was a stretch! :erm:

I hate Guiding Light because it isn't strong and it is an 80s power ballad....it is not the 80s and those were never good. It is just icky to me.....but all the more power to people who enjoy because you can just listen to the album straight without skipping anything. :D

Your thought is really interesting for me, and that is why I like this song (cause "icky").

And thank you for your sweet smart humor, I feel it, because was born in Odessa at the Black Sea :).

Don't worry, like what you want to.

This forum is filled with 14 year old people who see some 'old/true' Muse fan say this and that sucks, and follows their opinion.

Should have no shame for liking a song. You should actually feel grateful that you are amongst the very few who actually have their own opinion.

Thank you for your support !

I have enough years old to see it, that own opinion is cost things.

Apparently they do; someone's posted a thread in the News and Media section and it links to a recent interview in which Matt talks about the intensity of some of their fans and stuff on the message boards.

Do you know what the name of this thread is? I'd love to read the article.

Don't worry, like what you want to.

This forum is filled with 14 year old people who see some 'old/true' Muse fan say this and that sucks, and follows their opinion.

Should have no shame for liking a song. You should actually feel grateful that you are amongst the very few who actually have their own opinion.

STOP STEREOTYPING 14 YEAR OLDS. For god's sake, there are some rational 14 year olds on this board. In fact, we're full of them. Just because you disagree with people's opinion, doesn't mean they're 14, irrational, stupid, and know nothing of this band. In fact, it's more often the older people here that bash them for not sounding like OoS era (but it's not just them). Many of the the younger people enjoy their new sound.

Sorry for the rant, I absolutley hate the age stereotyping. :$

Okay people, I need you to stretch your imagination for this. Also, being in an 'altered' state of mind would help greatly.

The sun shine trapped-in-our hearts it could rise (a- gain)

But I..... can't... help.................. fall- ing in love (with you)

I did say it was a stretch! :erm:

I don't get it. :$

Do you know what the name of this thread is? I'd love to read the article.

STOP STEREOTYPING 14 YEAR OLDS. For god's sake, there are some rational 14 year olds on this board. In fact, we're full of them. Just because you disagree with people's opinion, doesn't mean they're 14, irrational, stupid, and know nothing of this band. In fact, it's more often the older people here that bash them for not sounding like OoS era (but it's not just them). Many of the the younger people enjoy their new sound.

Sorry for the rant, I absolutley hate the age stereotyping. :$

:LOL:

You should see the rant I've just had on the review depending on age thread about a similar comment!!

Personally, I love GL. The whole album is incredible. I'm glad to see Muse expanding their repertoire. It just shows that they can play more than just the same thing over and over again. I'm proud to be a Muse fan from the US. Sadly though, most people here in the US have no idea who Muse is or what their about. How truly sad!!

Honestly, Guiding Light is the only one of Muse's songs that makes me go "Really? Seriously? I mean really? REALLY guys, what were you thinking?!?!". No offense or anything, obviously a lot of people here enjoy it (although it apparently earns you a smackdown for admitting it...), but it's one song that I can't swallow.

Archived