So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. So, you've heard the clip, what do you think?

• Best song on the album.
    • Er.. I mean it's okay. It may grow on me.
    • I can't wait to hear the rest of that guitar solo!!!
    • What the fuck @ 80s style production?
    • I hate it.

I think some of the songs may only appeal to the older fans. I went to a classical concert last month. And it was amazing , I here a lot of classical in this album Which I love to listen to. GL is a very deep song. And I can see how a lot of younger fans may find this a little out of there zone .

As for comparing muse to U2, I cant understand where this came from.? You mite as well compare an Apple to a Horse. One thing you can;t do with muse is compare them to anyone else They are one of a kind

Okay people, I need you to stretch your imagination for this. Also, being in an 'altered' state of mind would help greatly.

The sun shine trapped-in-our hearts it could rise (a- gain)

But I..... can't... help.................. fall- ing in love (with you)

I did say it was a stretch! :erm:

I can see the similarities there. Gah! Is there really no end to the number of songs Muse has to copy? :LOL:

Must admit, I LOVE Guilding Light now. Had a bit of a debate with a friend of mine; me arguing how damn cheesy, and a bit shit it was. Now I retract my comments, and give into the cheese. :p Particularly love; 'I can't hurt you anymore'; something about that line really gets to me.

I'm still resisting the cheese. xD Seriously though, if it was written by another artist I would hate it soo much. I'm only gonna give it a chance because it's Muse... but it's still so crap (apart from the solo).

IMO to fully enjoy Guiding Light you need to be a fan of Classic Rock!

But that leads me to think...in 20 years, will Muse become one of the Classic Rock bands? Will it have its own genre? Will it share the title with bands such as FOB or MCR?

Fallout out boy and my chemical romance will not be around In 20 years

+1 :LOL:

It's already the worst ever Matt solo in terms of sheer unoriginality, predictability, and 80's emotionally vapid cheesy-ness; I just hope it doesn't also turn out to be one of their worst ever songs too! The distorted synthetic sounding bass and stripped minimalism before the solo gives me some hope. If just a faint one!

EDIT:

I disagree strongly! :LOL: Sunburn, now there's a heartfelt solo which still gives me shivers! :happy:

And speaking as a guitarist, the Guiding Light solo is extremely easy, and merely runs down a dull predictable scale with some very basic alternate picking (the easiest of all 80's "shred" techniques).

Yes but that is what is so original about it. Matt has never done a typical predictable solo like this ever before. :p

Three weeks on. Still shit.

Nope.

It's a rather well written song I think. The melodies are clever and don't smack of cheese like the instrumentation does.

It's a billion miles better than the rest of Muse's cheesier efforts like Invincible, Starlight, Soldier's Poem, etc.