What do you think?  

791 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds OK.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

So this (30 second preview of a) song has somehow missed having its own thread (unless I missed it)....we can't have that can we?

What does everyone think?

Anyone else instantly think of "The Winner Takes It All" for the first little bit of vocal melody?

It's seven minutes long!

Any judgements made are utterly irrelevant at this stage :LOL:.

Chris: On the other hand, Unnatural Selection is a heavy and hard rock number with completely different elements.

Interviewer: This song starts with a majestic pipe organ solo.

Chris: Yes, from there it turns into aggressive metal guitar rock, and it slows down to a dramatic interlude, then it picks back up to violent riffs, and that’s how it develops. Since there are so many tracks like that in this album, it’s impossible to categorize it into specific genre. Even a single song gives different impressions to each individual, so we decided a long time ago not to put ourselves in any boxes. Especially this album could be called random… well, the style of each song is extremely different from one another, and it cannot be described by any one particular definition.

Agreed.

This song goes back and forth so many times, this preview is minimal.

I love everything about this except, the i want the truth (it's annoying, he sings it too many times, and he recorded himself singing really hgih, which ever since i noticed, everytime i play i hear the high pitch melody, and its really annoying )

Baaa! Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da

And lucky they don't caaaaare at aaawaaaaal!!

No.. Hey!

Chance.. Hey!

For fate!

It's Unnatural Selection!

I want the truth!

I want the truth!

I want the truth!

I WANT THE TRUUUUUUTH!!

:LOL:

Awesome! Can't wait for it - it's gonna be epic *_*

And I was soooooo happy when I heared Matt singing the last "I want the truth" in the falsetto voice that I thought I'd never hear again :D

Damn, I can't even hear this falsetto everyone is raving about. :(

Damn, I can't even hear this falsetto everyone is raving about. :(

Hm ... don't know if we got the same timeline (is it called like this?) but in my self recorded version you find the falsetto starting at 0:25/0:26. It's just in the background. Maybe you'll rather hear it if you imagine what Matt's falsetto normaly sounds likewhen it comes to 0:25.

As for my imagination it sounds exactly like that and reminds me of Scissor Sisters' Don't feel like dancing xD

Hope I helped by figuring out Matt's damn freaky falsetto :D

I'm guessing we got 30 seconds of the "dramatic interlude" then! Does sound like it's about to kick back into a big riff at the end. :happy:

I know this is a little early to make judgments, but if what we heard was just an interlude, then I think we have ourselves the best song on the album. :awesome:

Anyone else instantly think of "The Winner Takes It All" for the first little bit of vocal melody?

Not until you said so! There are going to be similar notes in songs. This is one that I think will bring round the doubters going by what Chris has said. I do think people are making judgements too early, not on this thread but elsewhere. Sounds like it will be epic.

BTW I love the way Matt talks.

Archived