What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

That must be Samson and Delilah then :erm: they could have picked something a little more romantic :stunned:

I didn't really picked the story as such. Matt mentioned in an interview that he chose it because it happened to be one of his favourite arias; it just happened that story of Saint-Saens opera where the aria is taken from is Samson and Delilah. He couldn't even remember the exact story in the same interview...

It's a shame Matt said they wouldn't be performing it much live... I was hoping to see a 'Stan the clarinet man' or something. :( That would have been EPIC.

omg.

in your sig.. is that.. a clarinet smiley :awesome:

and aww that sucks.. i really wanna see this live..

for some reason i really like this song.. i have no idea why..:LOL:

so if they are not going to perform IBTY live regularly nor they will perform the Exogenesis Symphony what they will perform from the Resistance :s ?

thats 4 out of 11 tracks won't get performed allot thus 7 tracks left and one of them is going to lame to watch live which is Undisclosed Desires

so if they are not going to perform IBTY live regularly nor they will perform the Exogenesis Symphony what they will perform from the Resistance :s ?

thats 4 out of 11 tracks won't get performed allot thus 7 tracks left and one of them is going to lame to watch live which is Undisclosed Desires

But UD has the bad-ass keytar!

UD has guitar ?

i thought it was Slap bass and a music box/what they call it

Apparently, live it incorporates the keytar. I'm sure you could find a YT clip from one of the Teignmouth gigs where it was unveiled. I've not seen the footage yet myself. On the thread from tonight's gig in NYC, they played UD, and one of the random tweets that someone posted was "Holy shit, the lead singer has a keytar." LOL :LOL: I guess Matt can't stand to not be playing something!

Apparently, live it incorporates the keytar. I'm sure you could find a YT clip from one of the Teignmouth gigs where it was unveiled. I've not seen the footage yet myself. On the thread from tonight's gig in NYC, they played UD, and one of the random tweets that someone posted was "Holy shit, the lead singer has a keytar." LOL :LOL: I guess Matt can't stand to not be playing something!

ooh cheers for the info :)

I listened to the whole song, and i was just laughing all the way through. I think its just redicolous especially when matt starts singing the french language lol. I thought USOU was silly, i think and sadly say this may be as far as muse can go without being taken as a comedy band. Im sorry but that just what i think.

Call me narrow minded, i agree that this song must be like a work of genius art to some people but to me its an entertaining, over-the-top song ahahhahah.

p.s ALL OTHER SONGS ON THE RESISTANCE ARE AWSOME!

As someon has already pointed out, a new version of this is being recorded for the New Moon Soundtrack. The tracklisting lists it as I Belong To You (New Moon Remix).

Apparently Matt agreed to recording a new version of it for the soundtrack as he feels that it's a song that won't be played live much by Muse. If the director of New Moon had wanted a "bigger" song off the album they would've said no apparently.

Shame about the lack of liveness, this would rock so much live!!

I'm not sure, if this article was already posted: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621942/20090921/muse_uk_.jhtml, here's a short quote of Matt: "Bellamy said the band is up to the challenge. "I think it's all right. ... If it was one of the main tracks on [our] album, I would never do it," he said. "But it's actually one of the weirder tracks on the album ... one of the 'can't believe we got away with it' kind of tracks. I think it might be worth giving it a go [because] it's a track that might not get played live very often ... so it might give that track some life that it wouldn't have otherwise."

I wonder what they will do out of it? :eek:

this may be as far as muse can go without being taken as a comedy band. Im sorry but that just what i think.

I'd have to agree with that. It does come perilously close to leaving "wacky" territory and entering "laughable". But then again, I think Muse may still surprise us and come up with something even dafter without completely losing their dignity.

I'm not sure, if this article was already posted: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621942/20090921/muse_uk_.jhtml, here's a short quote of Matt: "Bellamy said the band is up to the challenge. "I think it's all right. ... If it was one of the main tracks on [our] album, I would never do it," he said. "But it's actually one of the weirder tracks on the album ... one of the 'can't believe we got away with it' kind of tracks. I think it might be worth giving it a go [because] it's a track that might not get played live very often ... so it might give that track some life that it wouldn't have otherwise."

I wonder what they will do out of it? :eek:

:eek::eek::eek: I REALLY don't mind which song they'll "give" to Newmoon BUT what scares me is that I DO WANT to have this song played live and it seems that they won't ???:mad::mad::mad: They said they would probably not play Exogenesis live, now if you add I Belong to you ... What kind of a Resistance Tour that'll be !!!! I have to learn how to create a Twittition ....

I'd have to agree with that. It does come perilously close to leaving "wacky" territory and entering "laughable". But then again, I think Muse may still surprise us and come up with something even dafter without completely losing their dignity.

I think that's very much what they intended...they've said in interviews that they laughed loads recording that one :D

Sure it is quite an amusing (sorry) thing to listen to, but I wouldn't put it under comedy. It has got a sincerity about it, even though you can't really take it seriously... I don't know. I laugh, but I wouldn't call it comedy. But I'm not sure what I'd call it. :erm::$

Archived