What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

I immensely love this song, but I'll admit the French bit was the part that took me the longest to enjoy. Now that I'm familiar with the melody, I like it. But I wish his voice sounded a bit more operatic because it would suit the song beter. I think his voice is much more operatic in Micro Cuts.

I like this song in general (propably one of the bests Muse has ever done) but I really dislike the french part. I don´t understand french and Matt just sounds too gay. But umm, I don´t really like French (language, not the people) anyway.

well, the first full-blown show will be in helsinki. with any luck, matt will come out on stage and begin the show by saying, "we're gonna start by playing that french part of IBTY where i sound gay, k? cheers."

IBTY is my favourite on the album, and up there as favourite overall. I can't get enough of his voice in this song, it's so much stronger than previously, and yet it sounds so effortless. It makes the lyrics more earnest than it may have first appeared on paper. The two lines from Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix suit the song well, even though weeponzamahtondwessuh sounds all wrong, the way he hits the low and high notes are breathtaking.

Along with MK ULTRA this is the most insane song of the album, nice one Matt. :D

I totally agree with you Hopix! We have similar taste in music.:D

Have you looked up MK Ultra on wiki, its pretty creepy stuff!

I had heard about it but never knew what it was called.

The 30 second preview had me looking forward to it hence my voting "sounds awesome". After hearing it in full the first time, I wasn't that into it. It sounded too 'plinky-plinky' for Muse. Now, however, I absolutely love that song. It really makes me smile.

---> :D <---

The 30 second preview had me looking forward to it hence my voting "sounds awesome". After hearing it in full the first time, I wasn't that into it. It sounded too 'plinky-plinky' for Muse. Now, however, I absolutely love that song. It really makes me smile.

---> :D <---

This, exactly :D

Someone did an edit without the French part. I kind of like it even if I've grown to like the French part as well. I wonder if this is something along the lines the New Moon edit will be? If it is, I would maybe repeat the "attacks me like a leo/Rio" melody part after the clarinet solo again to give it a bit more lenght.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT1uRWLUPWU

This song makes me laugh.

The first time I heard it was the night the album came out, I was listening to it in bed at around 11:00... And the Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix part came on, I didnt understand what he said, so I rewinded it and read the lyrics. And then I laughed so hard, cuz his english accent made the song sound funny.

Ree pose ah mah tendreh ssuh....lol

But it makes me sad that theyre planning to put this in New Moon... :(

Someone did an edit without the French part. I kind of like it even if I've grown to like the French part as well. I wonder if this is something along the lines the New Moon edit will be? If it is, I would maybe repeat the "attacks me like a leo/Rio" melody part after the clarinet solo again to give it a bit more lenght.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT1uRWLUPWU

It sucks, the album version is far better.

The shorter version would be better if it got rid of that entire section, instead of leaving in the "ohhhhhh" and "I belong to yoooooooooou aaaaloooooone" bits, and let "muse" be one word.

I must admit, Twilight was one of the first things I thought of when I heard this, because of the sparkly noises. But I actually really enjoy the song now. I'll be interested to see what they change about it for the New Moon version.

to be honest I've been thinking about this song the most. I think it's one of muse's masterpeices. it's nicely diverse, with strings piano, drums, bass, english, french, and synth. I've been thinking what muse songs should be considered masterpeices and all I've thought up of is I belong to you so far...

Archived