What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

The pianist that accompanies our class started playing the french section of I" Belong To You [+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix]". I almost started singing, "Ah! réponds..." It sounded exactly like the CD, it was pretty amazing. It went beautifullly with what we were doing. No one in the class picked up on it but I was like OMG! I know it's from an opera but I think of Muse everytime I hear it.

I just don't get it, the French bit is so fucking embarrassing I have to turn down the sound so noone can hear it, it just makes me cringe.:rolleyes:

Have people who dislike the French bit (particularly Matt's pronunciation) heard the original version of the aria? He's pretty true to it (apart from his Rs, of course) and, in my opinion, does a fabulous job.

Have people who dislike the French bit (particularly Matt's pronunciation) heard the original version of the aria? He's pretty true to it (apart from his Rs, of course) and, in my opinion, does a fabulous job.

Sorry but I'll take native French speakers' word on it that it's quite awful :LOL:

Should one look there might be fan versions floating around with the French cut out+ none of that New Moon violation. Obviously I have only heard rumours of such and would never d/l it to my mp3 player for alternative listens :phu: (but if I would, I hoped someone would make a version that repeats the leo/Rio bit after the solo)

Archived