Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

It's funny how every time someone posts in this thread loads of people rush in and leave without writing anything :LOL: the elephant thread is fascinating.

:LOL: Interesting observation!

Am I the only one who doesn't find Guiding Light THAT cheesy, it is a tad but it by no means as cheesy as some of Muse's previous efforts.

I think it's quite poignant, and certainly bridges the gap between the two halves of the album quite effectively. The vocals melodies, as I've said before, are really nice :happy:.

+1. Especially when compared to Starlight (I can't believe I almost wrote Twilight :facepalm:), Guiding Light isn't that cheesy at all. After listening to the 30 second preview, I expected more 80s power ballad references, but was pleased to see that there weren't too many. To me, Muse have produced a solid power ballad-tinged piece, with their credibility still intact :happy:.

On a related note, I was just looking through the posts on a Muse group on Facebook, and someone made an ironic post stating how she was disappointed that the band no longer sound like the Muse she loved, and how she didn't like how some of the new tracks seem to be recycling their old material (New Born = Unnatural Selection, Microcuts = Exogenesis Pt I). Contradiction, much? :rolleyes:

:LOL: Interesting observation!

+1. Especially when compared to Starlight (I can't believe I almost wrote Twilight :facepalm:), Guiding Light isn't that cheesy at all. After listening to the 30 second preview, I expected more 80s power ballad references, but was pleased to see that there weren't too many. To me, Muse have produced a solid power ballad-tinged piece, with their credibility still intact :happy:.

i'm glad you're happy with it. :chuckle:

On a related note, I was just looking through the posts on a Muse group on Facebook, and someone made an ironic post stating how she was disappointed that the band no longer sound like the Muse she loved, and how she didn't like how some of the new tracks seem to be recycling their old material (New Born = Unnatural Selection, Microcuts = Exogenesis Pt I). Contradiction, much? :rolleyes:

nice! :yesey:

:facepalm::rolleyes:

I wouldn't say contradiction. I think she means she didn't expect Muse to develop the way they have since Origin. She expected something in the vien of Origin, but not Origin. Hense why she knocked US and Exogenesis. Though I don't see any real similarities between Exo and Mircocuts.

I wouldn't say contradiction. I think she means she didn't expect Muse to develop the way they have since Origin. She expected something in the vien of Origin, but not Origin. Hense why she knocked US and Exogenesis. Though I don't see any real similarities between Exo and Mircocuts.

the falsetto (or whatever it's called) on overture?

Ok, there are 5 good songs, namely Unatural Selection (although this is just a rehash of Megalomania at the start; New Born riff ripped off, and a bit (but NOWHERE near as good as) Citizen Erased like), MK Ultra (although this would have been typical B-side material for the last couple of albums), and Exogenesis - this is excellent and the direction the whole album should have gone in. The rest is truly cringeworthy, in particular what is definitely Muse's worst song ever (I Belong To You - clarinet solo, really?).

This'll get flamed by all the Muse fan boys, but compare this album track by track to any other Muse album and you will see what I mean.

There were such high expectations for this album, it has definitely not met them whatsover. I'm almost disappointed I have tickets for 2 Muse gigs later this year; I just hope they don't play too much off The Resistance.

Ok, there are 5 good songs, namely Unatural Selection (although this is just a rehash of Megalomania at the start; New Born riff ripped off, and a bit (but NOWHERE near as good as) Citizen Erased like), MK Ultra (although this would have been typical B-side material for the last couple of albums), and Exogenesis - this is excellent and the direction the whole album should have gone in. The rest is truly cringeworthy, in particular what is definitely Muse's worst song ever (I Belong To You - clarinet solo, really?).

This'll get flamed by all the Muse fan boys, but compare this album track by track to any other Muse album and you will see what I mean.

There were such high expectations for this album, it has definitely not met them whatsover. I'm almost disappointed I have tickets for 2 Muse gigs later this year; I just hope they don't play too much off The Resistance.

They are sure to play lots of The Resistance! Do you have spare tickets? I need some! :D

^^ omg an actual hater! :awesome:

uhmm..........can i has your tickets then? :D

They are sure to play lots of The Resistance! Do you have spare tickets? I need some! :D

Nope :( Already booked train tix/time off work. I'm living in hope that they might just play Citizen Erased or something (I can dream can't I?)

Nope :( Already booked train tix/time off work. I'm living in hope that they might just play Citizen Erased or something (I can dream can't I?)

Well if Exogenesis still isn't played live for some time, they should have room to play older material. Hey, they played Cave so why not?

Well if Exogenesis still isn't played live for some time, they should have room to play older material. Hey, they played Cave so why not?

Lets hope so. I'd like to hear Exogenesis live though. Although didn't Matt say it's 50/50 that they will? I'd take that as it won't be.

I knew I recognized this post!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002GZQYMK/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt_sr_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

:rolleyes:

Lets hope so. I'd like to hear Exogenesis live though. Although didn't Matt say it's 50/50 that they will? I'd take that as it won't be.

geez cheer up man, you get to hear MUSE play live! They'll probs play microcuts, bliss, or plug in baby :erm: (since you're a OoS fanboy.....)

EDIT: one star? asshole :mad:

Just stating my opinion.

Nice supportive fan then, slagging their latest work on music review sites!

Again, stating my OWN opinion.

geez cheer up man, you get to hear MUSE play live! They'll probs play microcuts, bliss, or plug in baby :erm: (since you're a OoS fanboy.....)

EDIT: one star? asshole :mad:

I'm a GIRL, and definitely not an OoS fanboy (Absolution is my fave album).

Jesus, I knew this would be the reply I would get though! Not allowed to have your opinion without getting slated (unless its worshipping Muse of course) :rolleyes:

Archived