Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

Oh darn, I missed the cheese chat. I love cheese! Smoked gouda is my fave, followed closely by extra sharp white cheddar.

I don't think GL is nearly as cheesy as I thought it would be. I was expecting to mostly dislike it. I've only heard it once, but I remember thinking it was actually pretty good, if a bit boring. But probably in time it won't seem boring. It's not my least fave song on the album.

I'm a GIRL, and definitely not an OoS fanboy (Absolution is my fave album).

Jesus, I knew this would be the reply I would get though! Not allowed to have your opinion without getting slated (unless its worshipping Muse of course) :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, I just assumed your were "one of those" people after the Citizen Erased comment. It's not that you disliked the album, it's the way you go about dissing Muse because of it. And how isn't 5 good songs enough for the album to get more than 1 fucking star? That's what I'd rate a Miley Cyrus album, not a Muse album :noey:.

Oh sorry, I just assumed your were "one of those" people after the Citizen Erased comment. It's not that you disliked the album, it's the way you go about dissing Muse because of it. And how isn't 5 good songs enough for the album to get more than 1 fucking star? That's what I'd rate a Miley Cyrus album, not a Muse album :noey:.

As I said on the comment on there, those "good" songs (in MY opinion of course) have nothing on Muse's best songs, apart from maybe Exogenesis (but that confuses me cos it doesn't fit on the album at all)

As others have said, if some of the songs had been done by another band most wouldn't like them. You don't have to like it just cos its Muse :rolleyes:

As I said on the comment on there, those "good" songs (in MY opinion of course) have nothing on Muse's best songs, apart from maybe Exogenesis (but that confuses me cos it doesn't fit on the album at all)

As others have said, if some of the songs had been done by another band most wouldn't like them. You don't have to like it just cos its Muse :rolleyes:

"most"? :wtf: who are you to judge what "most people" would or wouldn't like? There are some great songs on the album, maybe not Muse's best but pretty damn good.

I wouldn't listen to Miley Cyrus, so couldn't review it

:rolleyes: nice job avoiding my point.

Well there you go. Unless you like every Muse album, you're not welcome on these forums unless you're willing to take some abuse.

Come on people, even Pink Floyd and Queen fans admit when they think one of their bands albums is pants. Why should they pretend otherwise? That just makes things like Amazon user review sites bias and fixed. That and shouldn't band forums express and discuss all kinds of opinion sensibly? It doesn't say much about a forum or the fans on it if this can't be the case...

:(

Well there you go. Unless you like every Muse album, you're not welcome on these forums unless you're willing to take some abuse.

Come on people, even Pink Floyd and Queen fans admit when they think one of their bands albums is pants. Why should they pretend otherwise? That just makes things like Amazon user review sites bias and fixed. That and shouldn't band forums express and discuss all kinds of opinion sensibly? It doesn't say much about a forum or the fans on it if this can't be the case...

because I honestly like the album, and saying "it's pants" would be a lie if I said it. :rolleyes:

I'm almost disappointed I have tickets for 2 Muse gigs later this year; I just hope they don't play too much off The Resistance.

Then give me your tickets! :eek::yesey:

Can't wait to see them live and this probably will not happening until the end of the next year,when I'm expecting a South America tour! Sooo far :(:(

Well we don't have to lie. That's not really my point though lol. I just think people need to accept other peoples views of the band and their work, positive or negative. Fair enough people disagree with each other, but giving abuse to people who want to share their opinions doesn't say a lot about the people giving the abuse. It just makes them look like the nutbags who went nuts at Zane Lowe the other week.

"most"? :wtf: who are you to judge what "most people" would or wouldn't like? There are some great songs on the album, maybe not Muse's best but pretty damn good.

:rolleyes: nice job avoiding my point.

How am I avoiding the point? I can't review something I would never listen to.

Thank you :) Worded much better than I could have done. You're very right though; I'm a member of lots of other band forums, I don't recall seeing this sort of reaction when someone says they don't like something; this forum is terrible for it.

in that case,

i think

1) most of uprising

2) guiding light

3) undisclosed desires

4) most of IBTY

are pretty much pants compared to all of their first 3 albums and b-sides, they're too over produced, they need to get simpler, go back to whatever they had all through the beginning then for some reason began to lose in BHaR, more rock, less synth and less trying to be all clever with their experimenting... if i wanted to listen to R&B which sometimes i do i certainly wouldn't go to muse, granted they do do classical well, that would be one of the not so many good developments they've actually made through the BHaR and resistance eras

why in hell can't they do what they could 10 years ago? i mean you'd assume they'd get better with age and wisdom..

right, don't quote me on that later, i just fanccied a rant and needed to get that out my system.. there's times when i dont feel any of that.. just not now.

sorry everyone :(

Well we don't have to lie. That's not really my point though lol. I just think people need to accept other peoples views of the band and their work, positive or negative. Fair enough people disagree with each other, but giving abuse to people who want to share their opinions doesn't say a lot about the people giving the abuse. It just makes them look like the nutbags who went nuts at Zane Lowe the other week.

I totally agree, it was embarassing reading some people's comments on here during Muse night. I don't particularly like Zane Lowe but that was out of order.

there's some well dodgy moments on the cd but funnily enough it grows on you. undisclosed desires is a terrible song yet it is stuck in my head the whole time. it is surpassed in its terribleness by Guiding Light. i think that will be a loo break at the gigs. i thought that song would be bad and it sure is :LOL: some of the other tracks, are a bit laugh along. not sure what has happened on this album. glad i was never expected to review it :LOL:

I agree, BUT when people claim that an album is complete crap, I just have to respond because that is bullshit. Muse is a band that changes their sound with every album, and people may say they don't like the new direction, but they're just being pricks if they refuse to like any new material.

How am I avoiding the point? I can't review something I would never listen to.

my point: ratings should be at least partly based on the band in general, despite your idea of what one album is like. I'm sure you won't agree, but when people are looking online to decide if they want to buy an album, one star ratings might discourage them from looking into the band in general. The Miley Cyrus question was simply to point out that you rated a Muse album the same as what any person with musically sane ears would consider Miley Cyrus albums as.

there's some well dodgy moments on the cd but funnily enough it grows on you. undisclosed desires is a terrible song yet it is stuck in my head the whole time. it is surpassed in its terribleness by Guiding Light. i think that will be a loo break at the gigs. i thought that song would be bad and it sure is :LOL: some of the other tracks, are a bit laugh along. not sure what has happened on this album. glad i was never expected to review it :LOL:

^^ see, THAT is what I think is a reasonable criticism of the album. :phu:

in that case,

i think

1) most of uprising

2) guiding light

3) undisclosed desires

4) most of IBTY

are pretty much pants compared to all of their first 3 albums and b-sides, they're too over produced, they need to get simpler, go back to whatever they had all through the beginning then for some reason began to lose in BHaR, more rock, less synth and less trying to be all clever with their experimenting... if i wanted to listen to R&B which sometimes i do i certainly wouldn't go to muse, granted they do do classical well, that would be one of the not so many good developments they've actually made through the BHaR and resistance eras

why in hell can't they do what they could 10 years ago? i mean you'd assume they'd get better with age and wisdom..

right, don't quote me on that later, i just fanccied a rant and needed to get that out my system.. there's times when i dont feel any of that.. just not now.

sorry everyone :(

Why are you apologising? I have similar opinions on these songs too. I don't care what Matt says, this is so a concept album. I think if they'd had a producer things might have been different...

I agree, BUT when people claim that an album is complete crap, I just have to respond because that is bullshit. Muse is a band that changes their sound with every album, and people may say they don't like the new direction, but they're just being pricks if they refuse to like any new material.

my point: ratings should be at least partly based on the band in general, despite your idea of what one album is like. I'm sure you won't agree, but when people are looking online to decide if they want to buy an album, one star ratings might discourage them from looking into the band in general. The Miley Cyrus question was simply to point out that you rated a Muse album the same as what any person with musically sane ears would consider Miley Cyrus albums as.

:LOL:

You really don't get it do you? It's not about the sound and changing their direction; there's nothing wrong with that! The songs are just bad!

:LOL:

You really don't get it do you? It's not about the sound and changing their direction; there's nothing wrong with that! The songs are just bad!

the songs are just bad........:stunned:

ok, I can see there's no point in arguing if you think so.........have fun at the Muse concerts you don't want to see :rolleyes:

Personally I think it's one thing posting negative comments on the muse forum and another making a point of posting them on a site that's selling the album. I've read some of the comments after the Sputnik review and people are saying, "okay, I won't bother" without even listening to the album and making their own mind up.:rolleyes: Missing out imo on something pretty fantastic just because it's not to the reviewer's taste.

Archived