Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

Personally I think it's one thing posting negative comments on the muse forum and another making a point of posting them on a site that's selling the album. I've read some of the comments after the Sputnik review and people are saying, "okay, I won't bother" without even listening to the album and making their own mind up.:rolleyes:

Exactly what I was saying :noey: ugh.

liking half the album isn't exactly hate...is it? :shifty:

1) I was jk, it was just amusing that there were no people who disliked the album on this thread and finally someone showed up :LOL:

2) If you read their previous comment, they think the entire album is bad as a whole. So much so that they don't want to even go see Muse live :rolleyes:

Why are you apologising? I have similar opinions on these songs too. I don't care what Matt says, this is so a concept album. I think if they'd had a producer things might have been different...

apologising because it was an unrestrained rant saying things in most probably a more extreme way than my actual thoughts :( and it sucks to tell everyone you hate things that you and they know won't change, it's like saying i hate muse which i really DON'T..

if they simplified MK Ultra and made it a bit darker it could be as good as absolution

alright.. let's say

i like the resistance but adore the first three albums

i mean muse're still better than like.. the pussycat dolls, sugababes etc. which i actually do hate..

The worse thing is that it's often bloody sour grapes because they're not making OoS again!

I don't think they should have made another OoS :\ It just seems that they delved as deeply into the realm of pop as they could with BH&R while still sounding good. Going further into that genre with The Resistance was a bad idea IMO. Obviously most disagree with me.

no, sour grapes because they haven't developed from OOS in what in my opinion would have been the best way.... OH WELL.. still love em, and what can ya do..

I was referring to someone who has been a fan posting a really negative review on a site which sells the album. I can't think of any reason for doing that other than sour grapes?

Anyway....Ocean? A drop in the ocean!

I was referring to someone who has been a fan posting a really negative review on a site which sells the album. I can't think of any reason for doing that other than sour grapes?

true, i'd never discourage people from buying the album, alright to hate on here where there's relatively little difference made by it.. not that i do hate..

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it's stupid and horrible, lol, but I still don't get why K41 wouldn't at least give the album 2 stars if she thinks there are 5 good songs. I mean, that's practically half the album. :erm:

Yeah, and OOOOceanNNNN!

Sure, /endthread. Yeah, that'll happen. I'm sort of fond of it now.

Thing is they're not pants, well not in my opinion anyway. They may not be to your taste but that's different. I think maybe you just got caught up in the moment a bit!

caught up in the moment indeed.. :(

i atleast should've said 'relatively pants' as in compared to Abso. etc.

even I with my slightly misleaded big ass haterish posts would still give it 4 stars just cause it's still better than a lot of other stuff out there

Personally I think it's one thing posting negative comments on the muse forum and another making a point of posting them on a site that's selling the album. I've read some of the comments after the Sputnik review and people are saying, "okay, I won't bother" without even listening to the album and making their own mind up.:rolleyes: Missing out imo on something pretty fantastic just because it's not to the reviewer's taste.

Surely that's their problem if they want to make up their mind without even listening...?

liking half the album isn't exactly hate...is it? :shifty:

When did I ever say the word "hate"?

Exactly what I was saying :noey: ugh.

1) I was jk, it was just amusing that there were no people who disliked the album on this thread and finally someone showed up :LOL:

2) If you read their previous comment, they think the entire album is bad as a whole. So much so that they don't want to even go see Muse live :rolleyes:

This is the "The Resistance isn't that good" thread? I haven't read the whole thread but def seemed like the were people who didn't like it?

Where did I say I didn't want to go see them? I said I'm almost disappointed I have tickets :rolleyes:

I don't think they should have made another OoS :\ It just seems that they delved as deeply into the realm of pop as they could with BH&R while still sounding good. Going further into that genre with The Resistance was a bad idea IMO. Obviously most disagree with me.

I don't :)

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it's stupid and horrible, lol, but I still don't get why K41 wouldn't at least give the album 2 stars if she thinks there are 5 good songs. I mean, that's practically half the album. :erm:

Yeah, and OOOOceanNNNN!

Sure, /endthread. Yeah, that'll happen. I'm sort of fond of it now.

As I said before, the good songs have nothing on Muse's other stuff. I gave it 1/5 cos I had an average of 3.7/10, therefore 1.85, which I rounded down cos I'd prob give Showbiz 3/5 and this album in my opinion is not only 1 point less, way too many flaws, ok?

This is the "The Resistance isn't that good" thread? I haven't read the whole thread but def seemed like the were people who didn't like it?

Where did I say I didn't want to go see them? I said I'm almost disappointed I have tickets :rolleyes:

O RLY? I didn't realize there was a difference :rolleyes::facepalm:

As I said before, the good songs have nothing on Muse's other stuff. I gave it 1/5 cos I had an average of 3.7/10, therefore 1.85, which I rounded down cos I'd prob give Showbiz 3/5 and this album in my opinion is not only 1 point less, way too many flaws, ok?

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's "flawed."

You might as well be insulting the people who like it, for liking something that's obviously so flawed and not up to your standards.

:)

caught up in the moment indeed.. :(

i atleast should've said 'relatively pants' as in compared to Abso. etc.

even I with my slightly misleaded big ass haterish posts would still give it 4 stars just cause it's still better than a lot of other stuff out there

Hater! :p

JK...

Archived