Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

The word Elephant is quite distracting actually. I always forget what this thread is about. :LOL:

Lol!

Yes it does actually, having listened to the full album.

thats exactly the reason why it shouldn't die. its undenyable that Muse style has change somewhat in this one. what better place for people to reflect on this than the place they put their innitial impressions?

Lol!

thats exactly the reason why it shouldn't die. its undenyable that Muse style has change somewhat in this one. what better place for people to reflect on this than the place they put their innitial impressions?

Erm no. The thread title is a pile of epic shit.

Exactly. Makes me sick everytime I read this thread's name.

Literally every time I see that this thread has a new post, I say to myself, "fuckin' elephant..."

I guess if we keep posting it will never die. So is the last time I'll post in this god-forsaken thread. No really, I mean it.

Okay, so is there anyone who has heard the album in full that in good conscience can now say that "The Resistance isn't that good?" If so, then I'd have to say you're pretty damn hard to please.

I wouldn't say it's bad but it's not 'that' good... There's not much depth to it musically, some of the songs are forgettable at best (if not downright awful) and the lyrics are often cringeworthy!

It's a nice exercise in genre hopping and 'epic' production but it seems a bit false to me...

I wouldn't say it's bad but it's not 'that' good... There's not much depth to it musically, some of the songs are forgettable at best (if not downright awful) and the lyrics are often cringeworthy!

It's a nice exercise in genre hopping and 'epic' production but it seems a bit false to me...

Thanks for confessing. I'm contacting Matt so he can send the zetas down to give you an anal probe.

Yeah.

I'd say in my case I can get into small portions of a lot of the songs, but very few songs the whole way through. It's definately better than the shitfest that was Black Holes and Revelations, but beyond that...

Haha :D

I was harsh up there - I like it, I just don't think it deserves the knicker-wetting reception :p

from the point of view of someone who still hasn't listened through all of it (me) i have to say i might agree on the knicker-wetting front :LOL: it may be awesome but i can't help but think this might be some sort of honeymoon period.. but then i don't know how much of a spaff attack i'll have.. so my pre-possible-resistancespaff view has been given :)

edit- oh and i think we should keep this thread, lest we forget how negative we were.. well i was anyway :$

Just can't gush over it like it's the most genius thing ever written. It's still not bad though!

For me: Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, I Belong to You, Exogenesis Part 1 are some of the best things Muse have ever done.

But there's also alot of stuff thats meh-ish. I know they spent 6 months on this, but I reckon if they'd taken a year they'd have alot more top quality stuff and some of the best b-sides ever.

I love Exogenesis, part I especially. It really reminds me of something but I don't care much cos it's still lovely. I remember way back at the start of this decade one of my dreams was to see Muse play with a live orchestra and maybe one day they shall now they've bothered to do something so elaborate!

Archived