Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

:yesey::( i kept waiting for the parts we heard on the clips......it ruined them for me :supersad:

I did the exact same thing!

I also remember people complaining about the lack of "beefy Manson riffs" (another stupid assumption). I have a list for them: Uprising, Unnatural Selection, and MK Ultra. And for just plain sexy guitar: Uprising, Resistance, United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, and select parts of Exogenesis.

Time to stop making hasty assumptions, my friends. ;)

"hopefully"? :erm:

Yes, hopefully. I meant if they keep up with the same style over & over again I guess people will get sick of it. With Muse albums there are underlying themes of apocalyptic nature mixed with hard rock and classical influences. But each album is different in its own way. That's progression, something which a big band like Muse needs to continue.

When I first heard BHaR I was not too impressed. For me, it wasn't a patch on Absolution. Yet, over time I have grown to love it almost as much.

It was a "grower". Oh yes.

So....

I have learnt to be patient when listening to new albums, especially Muse, and appreciate that any decent band will want to evolve and move direction, and should be applauded for that.

I have The Resistance (it arrived early!) and I am already loving it. There are some tracks on there that are instant.... And there are some that will be "growers". I think in 2 months I will be hooked into their new direction and sound quite nicely, and looking forward to seeing them live once again.

A true Muse fan should not jump to silly instant conclusions, but allow the album to take root and build in their mind.

Give it a chance people. It's actually very good indeed.

No one seems to have mentioned it, but i absolutely love I Belong To You. Brilliantly toe tapping, really sets it up for Exogenisis.

The album will be a grower on me (just as BHaR had to be) it seems that since absolution i've had to catch up with the bands new styles. Perhaps i'm stuck in the mud?

i'm not scared to speak up.

this album is one self indulgence after another. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

i'm glad that muse have reached the point in their career where they can do whatever the fuck they want to...take the musical piss and fuck the consequences. seriously...if anyone deserves it they do.

but does that mean i like everything i hear? no.

does it mean that i'm willing to laugh at the same things they do? no.

usoe kills me...i love it...but guiding light? :facepalm:

i love cheese both literally and figuratively....but there is good quality cheese (UD) and there is baaaad quality cheese (GL)

and the fact that a band like muse is putting out both extremes on this album is a little hard on the musical palate.

now...flame away...i don't care...i'm going to get another "serving" :p

Am I the only one who doesn't find Guiding Light THAT cheesy, it is a tad but it by no means as cheesy as some of Muse's previous efforts.

I think it's quite poignant, and certainly bridges the gap between the two halves of the album quite effectively. The vocals melodies, as I've said before, are really nice :happy:.

i'm not scared to speak up.

this album is one self indulgence after another. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

i'm glad that muse have reached the point in their career where they can do whatever the fuck they want to...take the musical piss and fuck the consequences. seriously...if anyone deserves it they do.

but does that mean i like everything i hear? no.

does it mean that i'm willing to laugh at the same things they do? no.

usoe kills me...i love it...but guiding light? :facepalm:

i love cheese both literally and figuratively....but there is good quality cheese (UD) and there is baaaad quality cheese (GL)

and the fact that a band like muse is putting out both extremes on this album is a little hard on the musical palate.

now...flame away...i don't care...i'm going to get another "serving" :p

i agree, cheese though nice in small doses is a bit testing when you have 3 (classily or not) cheeeez filled songs..

Am I the only one who doesn't find Guiding Light THAT cheesy, it is a tad but it by no means as cheesy as some of Muse's previous efforts.

I think it's quite poignant, and certainly bridges the gap between the two halves of the album quite effectively. The vocals melodies, as I've said before, are really nice :happy:.

No it's not cheesy, but then I don't really find any Muse song cheesy.

I guess my Cheese-tolerance is higher than others.

i agree, cheese though nice in small doses is a bit testing when you have 3 (classily or not) cheeeez filled songs..

I suppose it depends on people's definitions of cheese. I really don't think there's a lot of cheese in this album. I think Chris said himself there are songs about love but they're not cheesy ballads, so I don't think they were particularly aiming to be cheesy, apart from with Guiding Light.

This isn't a fail thread (at least by the way you all are defining fail) by a long shot... have any of the people who hated the 30 second clips suddenly turned around and loved the album? I doubt it. This thread only failed when the fanboys couldn't handle Muse being criticized and took it over, turning it into a speculation thread.

Archived