What ya think?  

737 members have voted

1. 1. What ya think?

• Promising!
    • I'm scared :(
    • No opinion really
    • Wheres the cabasa?

too right

from essex to liverpool, how long is that?

3-4 hours?

Something like that yeah.

We're trying to arrange for someone to drive us directly from Southend where we live to Euston Station in London, that'll cut out the train to London and then the underground to Euston.

Being disabled, it's a bitch to get around so a direct train from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street is exactly what we need :yesey:

And our hotel is only about 1 mile from the station and the hotel's right next to the Echo Arena, so we've planned it well :happy:

The iTunes alternative chart is even nicer to look at, even if lesser in importance.

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10alternativesongs.html

US 5

Australia 2

Greece 2

Italy 2

Luxembourg 4

New Zealand 2

Switzerland 2

And #1 in....

France

Belgium

Canada

Denmark

Finland

Norway

Sweden

Ireland

The Netherlands

Spain

What is up with Germany? It wasn't even in the top 100 of the general chart. Then again, a German release date hasn't even been announced, or at least wasn't listed in KirkBot's post.

Its number 1 on Australia's Alternative chart :awesome:

Something like that yeah.

We're trying to arrange for someone to drive us directly from Southend where we live to Euston Station in London, that'll cut out the train to London and then the underground to Euston.

Being disabled, it's a bitch to get around so a direct train from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street is exactly what we need :yesey:

And our hotel is only about 1 mile from the station and the hotel's right next to the Echo Arena, so we've planned it well :happy:

sounds like a plan!

The first chours just gives me shivers, it's the way Matt singing it. It gives me shivers in the same way I only listen to Starlight for when Matt sings 'Hold you in my arms' near the end of the song where there's no thrashing guitars... :happy:

The iTunes alternative chart is even nicer to look at, even if lesser in importance.

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10alternativesongs.html

US 5

Australia 2

Greece 2

Italy 2

Luxembourg 4

New Zealand 2

Switzerland 2

And #1 in....

France

Belgium

Canada

Denmark

Finland

Norway

Sweden

Ireland

The Netherlands

Spain

What is up with Germany? It wasn't even in the top 100 of the general chart. Then again, a German release date hasn't even been announced, or at least wasn't listed in KirkBot's post.

#1 in Canada?! :eek:

:dance: x 1,000,000,000

I faintly recall a mention of Unintended being particularly popular in Norway for some reason. Upon googling I only stumbled across this mention:

The song Unintended by Muse has been listed for 5 weeks on the Norway Singles Top 20. It entered the chart on position 14 on week 13/2008, it's last appearance was on week 17/2008. It peaked on number 5, where it stayed for 2 weeks. Below you'll find the exact numbers and statistics.

http://acharts.us/song/34672

Maybe it was used in some TV program or something which made it popular? I mean it made the chart in 2008 even though it came out in 2000.

I remember seing that! Very strange, I can't remember seing it on TV or anything either. The weirdest thing is, that there are very few people here who know what Muse is. (except the twilight fans blah) I mean it wasn't very difficult for me to get tickets for Oslo, too bad I'm moving to the UK....

Uprising has changed things though! :)

Uprising's slipped to number 38 in the U.S. :noey:

Does not surprise me really. I mean, Muse's fanbase is still relatively small in the US but Muse fans tend to be quite fanatic= they downloaded it right the second it came out.

Now it depends on the radio play if they are going to get back the top. It wouldn't surprise me if this takes several weeks as it's slowly being added to more radio stations/being constantly played there. Assuming this happens at all.

The first chours just gives me shivers, it's the way Matt singing it. It gives me shivers in the same way I only listen to Starlight for when Matt sings 'Hold you in my arms' near the end of the song where there's no thrashing guitars... :happy:

I can't stand the way he sings the first chorus, it sounds all forced and nasally.

The second and third choruses, however, are epic :D.

The second and third choruses, however, are epic :D.

+1! :D

I also love the fact that they have the guitar and arpeggiated synths, not the doctor who melody, and the second chorus has the lower harmony, and the third a falsetto harmony on top of that. The first chorus is so weak in comparison.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same.

+1! :D

I also love the fact that they have the guitar and arpeggiated synths, not the doctor who melody, and the second chorus has the lower harmony, and the third a falsetto harmony on top of that. The first chorus is so weak in comparison.

I didn't think much of the first chorus either. Well at first anyway. I get why its different though. Perhaps he should have whispered the first verse and chorus. Slowly building up as he goes.

Lol I thought all the choruses were the same. Shows how much I know about music.

I'm not a fan of the first chorus. I agree it sounds forced. The second is my favorite. LOVE the song & USoE by the way. They're no Stockholm Syndrome or Citizen Erased, but they're still uniquely Muse, even USoE which an obvious Queen tribute still has enough of them to make it special. They're evolving, which is always a good thing.

Lol I thought all the choruses were the same. Shows how much I know about music.

:LOL:

The first chorus has Dr.Who synth

Second one has a different synth with backing vocals

Third one is like the second one but with falsetto backing vocals

i like it alot! I was reminded of a doctor who remix tho! There was alot of mixed reviews on the text ins tho on radio 1 after it played. Its very different to stuff i've heard before! Im dead excited to hear more now! Uprising pwns usoe haha

Edit sorry if this is posted multiple times my mobile's playing up on opera mini!

Bit of an annoying piece of news.

I've just checked the Channel 4 and 4Music schedule for the next 2 weeks and the only mention of Muse is to do with the preview of the V Festival this year... It says "Muse performed last year..." and so on.

So what I'm getting at is there won't be a video for "Uprising" before 22nd August, at least not in the UK anyway.

Archived