I was once in primark and smbh was playing. I saw some people i hated in there and hid behind a rack of gilets because my hair was a mess and they would take the mick out of any of my flaws. As they walked past, one girl said

'omg, who is this crap band on the radio? why aren't they playing one direction?' in sheer hatred, i reached out, grabbed her stilletto heel and ran away. but not before watching her go skidding across the floor screaming, clothes flying everywhere!!

Payback!! no one disses smbh and gets away with it!!!

Supremacy on a trailer for the shitfest that is The Voice UK

My housemate was watching that and it was in the show as well, they actually had some really good songs going on in between the shit singing.

I also saw a Channel 4 advert a few days ago for a show about tricks (I've forgotten the name) and Map of the Problematique was the music for it.

I was at a bar (that is built in an old public toilet btw) yesterday and they had TR on the playlist quite a bit. First I heard Uprising, Resistance and UD back-to-back and thought they'd play the whole album, but it was followed by something else. It was very noisy at the bar (May Day celebrations- big deal here) but later on I at least heard US, IBTY, Guiding Light and Exo 3.

Panic Station video on MTV Rocks twice. Also, Bliss was Number 99 in the Best 100 Rocks Video when I watched this afternoon. Now I've just turned on again and New Born is at 27!

But Bliss is a better video than New Born.

Old news, but when NSC came out, the electronics section in my store played the video. They're sent half hour long compilations of music video, movie trailers, etc. from corporate to play on the TVs all day. I imagine it got annoying rather quickly. :LOL:

She sang Time Is Running Out apparently. I'm intrigued to see how badly she murdered it.

That reminds me, I once went to a Battle of the Bands contest at my school and one of the bands covered TIRO (and More Than a Feeling, lol). The band were alright, but the singer was a girl I knew with a really annoying high-pitched voice :LOL:

That reminds me, I once went to a Battle of the Bands contest at my school and one of the bands covered TIRO (and More Than a Feeling, lol). The band were alright, but the singer was a girl I knew with a really annoying high-pitched voice :LOL:

''our time is more than a feeling''

Just had to come back on here tonight and give everyone fair warning.....if you don't want your ears to bleed, that is...!! LOL! Watched The Voice tonight, and Josiah (on Usher's team) BUTCHERED Starlight....EEEEESH!!!! It was just awful.....so wanted to try and spare you guys the horror. Guess Usher had to get permission from Muse to use it...sure wish they had said no, after seeing that!!

^ Yeah I briefly left the room and heard he was going to sing 'starlight' so I ran back. Ugh it was bad...I'm assuming they all never heard the original bc the cover was just horrendous and it was just sad. I was shocked that the judges said they liked it. Why did he think that song would suit his style...so not his niche and he admitted he was struggling with it during rehearsal.

Ugh why did I have to go and look that up on Youtube? I'll admit the guy isn't a bad singer, but his style just doesn't fit that song. At all. It was like listening to Nickelback covering an Elton John song. I'm going to go listen to the Muse version now and wash out the bad taste.

Ugh why did I have to go and look that up on Youtube? I'll admit the guy isn't a bad singer, but his style just doesn't fit that song. At all. It was like listening to Nickelback covering an Elton John song. I'm going to go listen to the Muse version now and wash out the bad taste.

Well, I tried to warn you! LOLOL!! ;):LOL: Cracked up at your line of having to "wash out the bad taste"! :) That was how I felt last night!

paper tiger---I so agree with you! I was wondering if anyone had bothered listening to the original as well! LOL! Although usher must have, as he picked the song, AND had to "make some calls" to get permission to use the song. Still wishing permission had been denied....>!! :eek:

polythenelucy---I agree--I like judith too...even more now that I know she referenced Muse!! I didn't realize that until your post. :)

i was surprised she mentioned Muse, and that she even knew of their Feeling Good cover!

i just remembered Usher is terrible at picking songs for contestants :LOL: during the Battle Round, he picked a song for two male singers (including the guy who sang Starlight) that didn't fit their vocal styles at all. Even Shakira commented that it wasn't the best song choice for them.

i'm such a Voice nerd :rolleyes: