http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01sd7cc/The_Voice_UK_Series_2_Blind_Auditions_6/

The woman was Jay Aston, the one from Bucks Fizz who isn't Cheryl Baker, and yeah it was pretty awful

Just had to come back on here tonight and give everyone fair warning.....if you don't want your ears to bleed, that is...!! LOL! Watched The Voice tonight, and Josiah (on Usher's team) BUTCHERED Starlight....EEEEESH!!!! It was just awful.....so wanted to try and spare you guys the horror. Guess Usher had to get permission from Muse to use it...sure wish they had said no, after seeing that!!

Rarely have I liked a cover of a muse song, it's probably because matt's voice is so recognisable and distinctive, it's weird to hear a muse song without that voice... Usually you either have to have a similar singing style for the cover to work or change the whole song (rythmically, tone-wise, even genre-wise). Sometimes it also goes the other way around too, rarely have I liked a muse cover of another band :p

As for the thread topic for some reason it's like muse doesn't even exist over here! No media comments on the new album, no radio plays (save for one particular station that only seems to have the resistance, feeling good, can't take my eyes off of you and ,recently, madness in its playlist and plays them on a loop)... it's like noone has cared about muse since they were in the twilight soundtrack :stunned:

Just had to come back on here tonight and give everyone fair warning.....if you don't want your ears to bleed, that is...!! LOL! Watched The Voice tonight, and Josiah (on Usher's team) BUTCHERED Starlight....EEEEESH!!!! It was just awful.....so wanted to try and spare you guys the horror. Guess Usher had to get permission from Muse to use it...sure wish they had said no, after seeing that!!

I just had to say that I agree with you.....I thought it did a poor job of it. Although he sounded slightly better during the actual performance than he did during the rehearsal--he really murdered it. It made me cringe.

I just had to say that I agree with you.....I thought it did a poor job of it. Although he sounded slightly better during the actual performance than he did during the rehearsal--he really murdered it. It made me cringe.

I know, right?!? And obviously the judges were clueless....all telling hime he did a good job?!? :eek::eek::eek::LOL: huh?!?

My sister called me about that. I was doing homework I think and my sister yelled at me to come because someone was going to sing Starlight. We were both like "what in the world happened here?" We laughed when the judges said it was amazing. I told her "it was awful" and she agreed. I felt bad for Starlight in that moment. I sent him a tweet saying he did terrible haha.

------------------------------------------------

Also, one time I was at Five and Below and I heard IBTY without the French part. I was the only one singing

Edited by Mary1449
Forgot to add the last part

Survival at the Parc des Princes after the Paris Saint-Germain v Stade Brestois football match to celebrate this year's Ligue 1 championship title for PSG.

Other songs played at the stadium were Smells Like Teen Spirit, Hello Goodbye (for Becks) and We Are the Champions.

Edited by muse s'amuse

My sister called me about that. I was doing homework I think and my sister yelled at me to come because someone was going to sing Starlight. We were both like "what in the world happened here?" We laughed when the judges said it was amazing. I told her "it was awful" and she agreed. I felt bad for Starlight in that moment. I sent him a tweet saying he did terrible haha.

------------------------------------------------

OMG---that is HILARIOUS that you sent him a tweet saying he did terrible!!! LOLOLOL!!! :LOL: I agree with you too...poor Starlight!! (on another note...why the #@!%^&!#$^%! is Josiah still in the competition!??! How he has not been voted off is beyond me....!!).

Bit of Ruled by Secrecy in Sky's build-up for today's Premier League games.

EDIT: Map of the Problematique too.

Sky sports love a bit of muse!

My alarm went off at 7.15am and the radio goes on just as the main chorus is kicking into Knights of Cydonia. Perfect timing! Bbc radio 1 that is

OMG---that is HILARIOUS that you sent him a tweet saying he did terrible!!! LOLOLOL!!! :LOL: I agree with you too...poor Starlight!! (on another note...why the #@!%^&!#$^%! is Josiah still in the competition!??! How he has not been voted off is beyond me....!!).

I wonder so too!!!! I bet because of his "good looks"

that last part makes me laugh so much xD

Yeah I did, and then a muser got into the conversation and we started saying everything he did wrong lol

I bet he did not even see it.

When I was working at Next, Undisclosed Desires used to play at around exactly midday. Better than no Muse song I guess?

At the gym and starlight (with it's video) blared out of the TVs. Bit of a culture shock, only ever heard 80s music and mainstream stuff in there.

Ha. My gym actually plays a few Muse songs. I believe UD, Uprising, and Resistance. I think they were all weird remixes of the songs too. Not sure, haven't been there an a while. :LOL: