Seems an uphill battle discovering the rest of their discography after such a first impression. First impressions are important.

Uprising made a great first impression. First heard it on the radio knowing nothing about Muse. Then I heard Resistance on the radio and decided to look into this band and listened through The Resistance followed by a few older hits. Then I saw Muse was playing on Fuji Rock Festival during the same time as I was gonna be on vacation in Japan anyway so I decided to book tickets. When I saw them, I hadn't even heard TIRO, SS, MOTP etc before. After that gig, I was completely hooked ^^ For new listeners, I'm very sure the TR tour was a great success gaining alot of new fans.

You mean a rock song isn't the style of a rock band?

That makes sense, I guess.

I just think its to simple and there is not much of variety in the song... which is way more found in other Muse songs. The whole song is in my opinion way to heavy recorded for Muse values.

And, to state that a rock song isnt the style of a rock band is absolutely ridiculous. For instance, Self Esteem by The Offspring is a rock song, and you just said Muse is a 'rock band', is a rock song which is totally not the style of Muse.

If it's a great song, how is it a mistake?

I just think its to simple and there is not much of variety in the song... which is way more found in other Muse songs. The whole song is in my opinion way to heavy recorded for Muse values.

Here you go =]

What do you mean with too heavy recorded exactly?

This is a song from the same album as Stockholm Syndrome.

Here is the link to a video of The Small Print;

0:42 - The heavy drum's; Dom slaps the hell out of them;

0:49 - The really low and almost metal-like riff... it sounds really good, but it's just not Muse's style I think :)

The whole song is pretty simple written, not like the more popular songs Citizen Erased, Uno, Butterflies and Hurricanes..

0:49 - The really low and almost metal-like riff... it sounds really good, but it's just not Muse's style I think :)

The whole song is pretty simple written, not like the more popular songs Citizen Erased, Uno, Butterflies and Hurricanes..

Muse have recorded loads of heavy songs so to say it's not their style is pure nonsense.

Muse have recorded loads of heavy songs so to say it's not their style is pure nonsense.

Well, give me some examples of songs that have such heavy riffs etc. in it...

And I hope you don't mean the 'heavy' people can find songs like Uno or Citizen Erased, because those songs are heavy in another way.

Metal-like riffs like in Unnatural Selection, Assassin and New Born?

Uno isn't eaxctly the most complicated piece of music either. I do agree that it's very simple for Muse though.

And I hope you don't mean the 'heavy' people can find songs like Uno or Citizen Erased, because those songs are heavy in another way.

Dead Star, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, New Born, Unnatural Selection, Assassin, The Groove just off the top of my head

Unnatural Selection, Stockholm Syndrome, Assassin, New Born, Citizen Erased(yes), Hyper Music, DEAD STAR.

Archived