Metal-like riffs like in Unnatural Selection, Assassin and New Born?

Uno isn't eaxctly the most complicated piece of music either. I do agree that it's very simple for Muse though.

Well, I must admit you have a point there, songs like Assassin yeah :)

But to me it's still a real different song than The Small Map =]

Well, I must admit you have a point there, songs like Assassin yeah :)

But to me it's still a real different song than The Small Map =]

It's different, but your argument still fails ;) Heavy music is nothing new for Muse.

It's different, but your argument still fails ;) Heavy music is nothing new for Muse.

The Small Print main riff is one of the only riffs in Muse's discography which can truly be compared with real heavy songs, bands that make songs heavy on purpose.

So Muse make those songs heavy accidentally?

I don't state they do make them accidentaly, but if you look at their discography, the main stream of their music is not intended to be heavy. Not at all. There are some heavier songs, true, and Muse has made The Small Print a heavier song, probably on purpose. This doesn't mean that they do it 'accidentaly'.

The Small Print main riff is one of the only riffs in Muse's discography which can truly be compared with real heavy songs, bands that make songs heavy on purpose.

I'm guessing that you are referring to power chords?

I don't state they do make them accidentaly, but if you look at their discography, the main stream of their music is not intended to be heavy. Not at all. There are some heavier songs, true, and Muse has made The Small Print a heavier song, probably on purpose. This doesn't mean that they do it 'accidentaly'.

What does ignanda ke mean?

Muse make all kinds of music. Heavy songs are one of the styles they've used since day one. So my original point still stands - the Small Print is not a departure for Muse.

Yeah, and just normal metal riffs.

Which Muse still has in songs like Dead Star, Assassin, Stockholm Syndrome, Unnatural Selection etc. The Small Print is in no way heavier than for example Dead Star.

What does ignanda ke mean?

Muse make all kinds of music. Heavy songs are one of the styles they've used since day one. So my original point still stands - the Small Print is not a departure for Muse.

I respect your point, although you can't say that The Small Print is the same as other heavier songs from Muse. It does stand out in its riffs etc.

Which Muse still has in songs like Dead Star, Assassin, Stockholm Syndrome, Unnatural Selection etc. The Small Print is in no way heavier than for example Dead Star.

It is heavier in another way, the riffs from DEAD STAR and The Small Print are not comparable IMO :\

Well no two Muse songs are the same so that argument is invalid too, I'm afraid.

No songs in the world aren't the same, so in your opinion you can't compare songs at all?

Starlight and Bliss are more comparable than The Small Print and any other Muse song..

Whaha dude I play guitar actively since my 6th, so for 10 years now acoustic, and 4 years electric..

:LOL: Fair enough then.

I just don't see what makes TSP so different in any aspect. Especially not the drumming.

:LOL: Fair enough then.

I just don't see what makes TSP so different in any aspect. Especially not the drumming.

Okay, didn't mean no offense at all or something, just to get to my begin point; The Small Print is in my opinion the worst Muse song because it has been written more simple than other Muse songs and is in some way heavier than other Muse songs. Period. =']

Okay, didn't mean no offense at all or something, just to get to my begin point; The Small Print is in my opinion the worst Muse song because it has been written more simple than other Muse songs and is in some way heavier than other Muse songs. Period. =']

Just another question then.

What's the problem with heavy music?

Just another question then.

What's the problem with heavy music?

Check my Last.fm page... I really don't have a problem with heavy music, even like/love it...

But I just think it doesn't fit in Muse's arsenal of great songs... :)

Check my Last.fm page... I really don't have a problem with heavy music, even like/love it...

But I just think it doesn't fit in Muse's arsenal of great songs... :)

"it" meaning The Small Print or songs that are heavy?

Because if you're referring to TSP, then the heaviness isn't the problem, the song is.

If you're referring to Muse just doing heavy songs, then I don't get you at all.

"it" meaning The Small Print or songs that are heavy?

Because if you're referring to TSP, then the heaviness isn't the problem, the song is.

If you're referring to Muse just doing heavy songs, then I don't get you at all.

I, Laurens, am less satisfied with the type of heaviness in the song The Small Print by Muse, than other songs, also their other heavier songs, from Muse.

I, Laurens, am less satisfied with the type of heaviness in the song The Small Print by Muse, than other songs, also their other heavier songs, from Muse.

So now it isn't about it being too heavy, it is about being the wrong type of heavy?

And so, the problem isn't about HOW heavy it is.

I'll have to go for The Small Print... it's a great song, but just not their style.

Their biggest mistake in my opinion.

With this, I meant with 'style' their use of heavyness with guitars and how the song has been written.

Archived