Haha wow, yeah, that was a pretty dumb question. The reason I asked is cause there didn't seem that much of a volume difference, probably partly because of the quality of the video. But yeah... I should have known that. I just didn't think of it I guess haha. Plus, I don't have a nice tube amp like a Marshall, I just have a little dinky one at the moment. Thanks for the answers. I promise I'm not as much of an idiot as I seemed :p

lol :LOL: Turning your volume down on a nice tube amp will clean up the sound, less guitar signal = less power, which drives the amp less, therefore less gain. Don't worry, I didn't know that when I first saw the video either :$

Don't be ridiculous.

It's because he's musecasters. musecasters can do awesome shit like that. He has all sorts of super powers...growing a mustache, building guitars, drawing wangs on stop signs...

But then there's his sidekick, rust_relic. His only super power is reading bar codes though :$

edit:

Eight hours left, anyone going to bid?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200543996958

I have a limited knowledge of electronics in guitars...but, is there like, different (more expensive) pots that Mansons use that let it clean up so well? or could they use some bog standard ones of ebay and it would have the same effect? or does it depend on the pickup? or the amp? or all of them?

I have a limited knowledge of electronics in guitars...but, is there like, different (more expensive) pots that Mansons use that let it clean up so well? or could they use some bog standard ones of ebay and it would have the same effect? or does it depend on the pickup? or the amp? or all of them?

I'd say it depends on all of the above. Mostly the pickup I'd say.

IMG_1045Large.jpg

Looks like the standard pots to me. The shatter originally had an alpha mini pot for the volume control (wouldn't recommend this), but they replaced it with a CTS after it went bad I believe.

Soooo, like for example, you could get some of the bog standard pots and switches etc. off of Stewmac and they'd work just as well as any...high end pots? (I don't actually know if you get 'high' end pots and switches)

i wouldn't recommend any pots cheaper than the alphas - they should work just as well, but some high end pots have some special taper or something. like these ones i have in my LP are supposed to make a difference when you turn from 10 to 9 to 8 etc.

having said that, the CTS pots are my favorite - they clean up just fine.

to anyone who was thinking of bidding for my guitar i am aware that there are screws missing in the tuners. i have contacted mansons and they are sending a courier to pick up the guitar tomo to add the screws and give it a set up. they will then forward the guitar to the winning bidder. :-)

sam

i know, unlike them. they said it gets checked over by 3 people all together and mine must of just slipped the net. Theyve been pretty good about it tho in sorting out a courier for tomo to fix it straight away.

Yours is from the first batch, how come its taken so long for you to get it fixed?

Yours is from the first batch, how come its taken so long for you to get it fixed?

Probably the same reason it took him so long to put it up for sale.

Nah, but it does look like one moved slightly in one picture, so they couldn't have been THAT stable.

Weird that that happened though. Just glad mine got here as I expected...15 days late, but it was worth it :facepalm: I've already asked if they could send the DL-1 a different way....not going through that again!

Probably the same reason it took him so long to put it up for sale.

Nah, but it does look like one moved slightly in one picture, so they couldn't have been THAT stable.

Weird that that happened though. Just glad mine got here as I expected...15 days late, but it was worth it :facepalm: I've already asked if they could send the DL-1 a different way....not going through that again!

Tell them to pay me to deliver it personally :LOL:

Are you getting a DL-1 on this run then James, or are you just thinking ahead for the future?

On a side note, it's a shame to keep seeing MB-1s on eBay...I know it's pretty much unavoidable...But out of the 50 that exist, haven't like 5 been sold on eBay? Which is 10% of what's been made so far...I know it can't be helped, but seems a shame to me anyway...

Are you getting a DL-1 on this run then James, or are you just thinking ahead for the future?

On a side note, it's a shame to keep seeing MB-1s on eBay...I know it's pretty much unavoidable...But out of the 50 that exist, haven't like 5 been sold on eBay? Which is 10% of what's been made so far...I know it can't be helped, but seems a shame to me anyway...

I am getting one this run.

And there have only been three I think.

I can understand the one that just sold, but the others....one guy intentionally bought it to sell for twice the price (and failed :chuckle: )

And the other bought it for his kid for getting good grades or something, but he ended up not wanting it :stunned:

:pope:?

:ninja: !

Ah yeah, I remember both those other two, but I wasn't sure if there was one or two others I'd forgotten about...As you said though, the reasoning on this one at least seemed fair enough...

Congrats on the DL-1 anyway...Will look forward to seeing a picture of your full collection this time next year =P

:ohmy: thats one spoiled kid :indiff:

Yeah, and he probably got the £3700 that the guitar sold for :facepalm:

Ah yeah, I remember both those other two, but I wasn't sure if there was one or two others I'd forgotten about...As you said though, the reasoning on this one at least seemed fair enough...

Congrats on the DL-1 anyway...Will look forward to seeing a picture of your full collection this time next year =P

thx, will do that once i get it.

But as I told Simno, I might have an E shape custom built early-mid next year if they're willing to do it. So you'll have to wait :p

and yeah, I think those are the only MB-1s that have gone up for sale.

BTW, does anyone know how many red ones were built on the second run?

I recall musecasters mentioned 16 black and 9 red the first run.

Archived