James, the picture on the other page still showed the most of the glitter by my reckoning ;) Still waiting on that KP recording by the way :rolleyes:

Olly, I checked out some of your riffing...Not bad stuff...Loving the latest recording with all its ambient effects too...Very nice...

Anyway...Looks like I should have my £1000 ready in the next week, and then I'll drop Mansons an email just to ask about the shedule they're expecting so I know when to work out the final payment and stuff...

I popped into NatWest today to ask about money transfers to other bank accounts though, and they said they can do up to £10,000 a day, for free, and it should arrive in about 10 minutes...Technology is truely frightening :stunned:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/camera.html

iPhone 4 = 5 megapixel camera :p

it doesn't take the best pictures though, but it's not bad for a phone. i decided to record some of my last muse gig with it, and my only complaint is that the video ended up like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwWuhDvNJAg

And I can't figure out how to change it?

Anyway...Looks like I should have my £1000 ready in the next week, and then I'll drop Mansons an email just to ask about the shedule they're expecting so I know when to work out the final payment and stuff...

Well if you're on the list, they'll tell you when it's time. I'd just put the £1000 aside until then.

I don't think they'll really have any information on it anyway - they haven't even started the DL-1 run yet, and that's going to take up a good six to eight months. So unless they're going to accept deposits before or build at the same time, it would be after that.

Ah okay then...I was just thinking it might be worth finding out as I don't think I'd be able to finish paying till Mid-October 2011 which would probably be fine anyway, but if the DL-1s are going to increase the wait anyway then it wouldn't be an issue I expect. I'll leave it for now anyway, but I might them in a month or so if I need some other money to go out of my account, just to know what I need to prioritise...Should all be fine though...Just want to be sure before it all starts I guess...

Okay so I also decided to get the MB1. And about when the email will be coming, I got mail from Tim:

Thanks for the enquiry

I've added your details to the list.

Now all you have to do is wait. Once the pre sale email is sent out later this year, you will then have the chance to place your order. In the email will be all the details on how to do this, and how to pay your £1000 deposit.

Many thanks

Tim

So yea, all you have to do is wait.

it doesn't take the best pictures though, but it's not bad for a phone. i decided to record some of my last muse gig with it, and my only complaint is that the video ended up like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwWuhDvNJAg

And I can't figure out how to change it?

Not sure what you're talking about, the iPhone 4 takes some pretty darn good photos. I've already used it lots for a few of my design projects and the results have been very good. As for the video, turn it 90 degrees? :)

Phill how do you take such good photos with a phone? I have a HTC HD2, and I think the specs are OK, but the pictures I get are shit. I've attached the one of my board, but this is even after a minute of trying to sharpen it up in photoshop.

If it's anything like mine it's killer in natural light but hopeless for artificial

Not sure what you're talking about, the iPhone 4 takes some pretty darn good photos. I've already used it lots for a few of my design projects and the results have been very good. As for the video, turn it 90 degrees? :)

don't get me wrong, they're a hell of a lot better than what my old phone did. i wish i knew about turning the phone sideways before :facepalm:

Agreed, here's a couple from my iphone.

Nice, maybe the few pictures I've taken just have had poor lighting.

Or it could be the person taking the pictures haha

Why even call it a "Red-Glitter"?

Where's the gold-ish stripes?

Hell, where's the glitter!?

because it's red and it has glitter.

BTW, that MB-1 that's up for auction...I suspect it will have tuning issues

2i9s7te.jpg

Notice anything strange about this picture?

don't get me wrong, they're a hell of a lot better than what my old phone did. i wish i knew about turning the phone sideways before :facepalm:

Nice, maybe the few pictures I've taken just have had poor lighting.

Or it could be the person taking the pictures haha

because it's red and it has glitter.

BTW, that MB-1 that's up for auction...I suspect it will have tuning issues

2i9s7te.jpg

Notice anything strange about this picture?

It has no screws for the tuning pegs for a start...

James, Daylight+Cameraphones=Win photos.

It has no screws for the tuning pegs for a start...

James, Daylight+Cameraphones=Win photos.

bingo. it definitely wouldn't have shipped that way, so it would seem the guy messed with it...

and I've only really tried my phone inside and at a gig. it wasn't too bad, but i'll give it a try outside later.

here's one i took a few weeks ago. my exciting discovery :facepalm:

IMG_0021.jpg

(Half the photos of the actual stage were blurry for whatever reason)

bingo. it definitely wouldn't have shipped that way, so it would seem the guy messed with it...

and I've only really tried my phone inside and at a gig. it wasn't too bad, but i'll give it a try outside later.

here's one i took a few weeks ago. my exciting discovery :facepalm:

IMG_0021.jpg

(Half the photos of the actual stage were blurry for whatever reason)

I'm sad I've never seen them on stage with that production, it looks very cool..

That's not a bad shot, all my guitar shots that I took the other day (and in my sig) were on my camera phone :)

I'm sad I've never seen them on stage with that production, it looks very cool..

That's not a bad shot, all my guitar shots that I took the other day (and in my sig) were on my camera phone :)

Yeah, it wasn't particularly light there, but that's one of the better shots I got.

You mean the towers? They're cool, but at that second staples center gig they had lots of issues with them. the curtain on Chris' tower got stuck until halfway through the first verse of uprising, and of course, the whole thing with the falling guitar rack.

Archived