So, the Fernandes sustainer on the MB-1 is the 401, right? Where is the pickup selector and the third knob then? I thought the 401s had a master volume, master tone, and sustainer intensity knob, as well as the pickup selector, sustainer mode selector, and sustainer on/off switches.

who wants to hear whale noises?

:awesome:

You didn't get the MIDI cable yet? the kaoss and sustainer together is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2bX0jkWnk

Agree with James, first one is the worst. I actually noticed a couple weeks ago a couple sort of scratches/indentations on the side facing me when I have it on...interesting. Alder sure isn't a very hard wood, is it? :$

no idea. mine still hasn't got any sort of damage as i've been pretty careful, but then again, it's a different finish. i managed to put a few scratches in the stealth's finish while restringing :facepalm:

nah I got the midi, but it doesnt sound great with my setup

how so? there are different ways to hook the kaoss up if it doesn't sound right.

currently i have mine hooked up with the RCA jacks on the back (line in/out), rather than using the mic input and line out.

Okay so I also decided to get the MB1. And about when the email will be coming, I got mail from Tim:

Thanks for the enquiry

I've added your details to the list.

Now all you have to do is wait. Once the pre sale email is sent out later this year, you will then have the chance to place your order. In the email will be all the details on how to do this, and how to pay your £1000 deposit.

Many thanks

Tim

So yea, all you have to do is wait.

Eeeeeeek! I love you! :happy:

Although I'm a bit confused with the email as I'm getting different answers from different people...Is there two emails, the first saying contact us if you want one, then the first 25 repliers get the contact details, or is it just one email with the details, and then there's a massive rush to get the deposits sent?

the latter would be retarded for mansons. They would get 200 deposits and when you have people's money that makes it a whole different story.

They will send and email saying in essence IF you want an mb1 call us or email us. After you call or email them and assuming they haven't sold out.. THEN they will send you payment details and as long as you send the payment you will have an mb1. Pretty cut and dry

Now all you have to do is wait. Once the pre sale email is sent out later this year, you will then have the chance ( that's the email asking if you now want one) to place your order. In the email will be all the details on how to do this, and how to pay your £1000 deposit. (This email comes after you have placed your order)

All you have done now is put your name on a waiting list to be notified once they go on sale.

Eeeeeeek! I love you! :happy:

Although I'm a bit confused with the email as I'm getting different answers from different people...Is there two emails, the first saying contact us if you want one, then the first 25 repliers get the contact details, or is it just one email with the details, and then there's a massive rush to get the deposits sent?

you'll have to see when they send out the emails. it'll probably be first come first serve like last time.

meaning whoever pays first gets their guitar first. probably more of a massive rush. although, that wouldn't make sense, so you'd probably have to call up. all were reserved when i called up on january 28th, but some people still hadn't paid. so i was able to get one. they sold out on the 30th. (they went on sale on the 26th)

just wait for the email to see what they say.

I have another question:

Out of curiosity, how is the guitar wired to the kp2 and then to the amp? Just curious..

From what I can tell, there is a midi cable (technically there's no cable, it's wireless, but whatever) going from his guitar to the midi-in on the kp2, and there is also a cable going from the guitar to the line-in. Then there is a cable going from the line-out to the effects/amp. Correct?

I have another question:

Out of curiosity, how is the guitar wired to the kp2 and then to the amp? Just curious..

well

there are two jacks on the side of the guitar. the standard output jack for the guitar signal, and then a 5 pin MIDI jack for the X-Y pad. basically, you get the guitar sound out of the 1/4" jack like any other guitar, and the MIDI jack is for the X-Y pad only, which controls the kaoss, whammy, etc.

if you mean how it's actually hooked up, you can use it just like a normal guitar, but when you want to set it up with a MIDI device or something

guitar > 5 pin MIDI cable > MIDI device (kaoss, whammy, etc)

the kaoss is hooked up like this (or at least I do it this way)

amp fx loop send > kaoss > amp fx loop return

well

there are two jacks on the side of the guitar. the standard output jack for the guitar signal, and then a 5 pin MIDI jack for the X-Y pad. basically, you get the guitar sound out of the 1/4" jack like any other guitar, and the MIDI jack is for the X-Y pad only, which controls the kaoss, whammy, etc.

if you mean how it's actually hooked up, you can use it just like a normal guitar, but when you want to set it up with a MIDI device or something

guitar > 5 pin MIDI cable > MIDI device (kaoss, whammy, etc)

the kaoss is hooked up like this (or at least I do it this way)

amp fx loop send > kaoss > amp fx loop return

I see, so the guitar goes into the amp. The amp's line out goes into the kp2, which then goes back into the amp?

I see, so the guitar goes into the amp. The amp's line out goes into the kp2, which then goes back into the amp?

pretty much - the kaoss is generally hooked up like that in the amp's FX loop. I think there are other ways to hook the kaoss up, but that supposedly gets the best signal.

Yarp, it's back up now...Curiouser and curiouser :p

Should have my dosh for the deposit ready this week...The first time my bank balance is ever going to feature 4 digits and it's only going to last a couple of weeks if I get in the reservations :LOL:

Archived