How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

I thought Exogenesis was good when I first heard it but now I have to admit thats it's just total brilliance.

Overture is simply a stunning haunting track and I now find it impossible not to listen to all three parts.

If I'm honest by the time Redemption is coming to an end I'm on an emotional high, this song shows just how talented Muse are, Exogenesis is simply a Masterpiece and I love it.

Yeah it is good. But not great considering it took Matt like 8 years or whatever to write it.

Yeah it is good. But not great considering it took Matt like 8 years or whatever to write it.

There's no actual evidence that it took him 8 years is there? He said in an interview that "some things were a little to symphonic sounding for BHaR" suggesting that it had been wrote in time for BHaR, but that's it isn't it?

I think what was said that the piano pieces had been around for a few years. They were just pieces Matt played while chilling out but they hadn't found any way to incorporate them into previous albums. I think I remember them saying that it took six weeks to put together Exogenesis.

There's no actual evidence that it took him 8 years is there? He said in an interview that "some things were a little to symphonic sounding for BHaR" suggesting that it had been wrote in time for BHaR, but that's it isn't it?

I read on here from multiple users that he had been working on it since OoS days. I was just going by that; maybe I'm wrong.

Either way we all know this isn't something he whipped up in a like year or two, so I'm still standing by what I said before.

I read on here from multiple users that he had been working on it since OoS days. I was just going by that; maybe I'm wrong.

Either way we all know this isn't something he whipped up in a like year or two, so I'm still standing by what I said before.

By all means, stand by your words; they serve the purpose of backing up your snarky tone. But for the rest of us, we have no problem understanding the diff between "composing something off and on over a period of eight years" and "taking eight years to [by implication, working full-time on] compose something".

To compare this to something utterly mundane, would you say a thirty-something-year-old woman has been putting on and taking off her shoes for thirty years, simply because she's been taking maybe a minute each day to put on and take off various shoes, boots, slippers, skates, etc.?

By all means' date=' stand by your words; they serve the purpose of backing up your snarky tone. But for the rest of us, we have no problem understanding the diff between "composing something off and on over a period of eight years" and "taking eight years to [by implication, working full-time on'] compose something".

To compare this to something utterly mundane, would you say a thirty-something-year-old woman has been putting on and taking off her shoes for thirty years, simply because she's been taking maybe a minute each day to put on and take off various shoes, boots, slippers, skates, etc.?

Oh jeeze, you really went for the bait, eh? Hook, line, and sinker.

I love getting stupid die-hard Muse fans all riled up like this!

So, your post was insincere and tantamount to trolling, then? You enjoy pissing people off with BS just for the hell of it, then? What a charming online personality you have!

Given your apparently rampant insincerity, I'm doubtful as to whether your last post was itself sincere. I suspect you were merely covering your ass with faked insincerity, in order to avoid having to admit that you were wrong.

So' date=' your post was insincere and tantamount to trolling, then?[/quote']

No.

You enjoy pissing people off with BS just for the hell of it' date=' then?[/quote']

Yes.

What a charming online personality you have!

Yes, yes!

Given your apparently rampant insincerity' date=' I'm doubtful as to whether your last post was itself sincere. I suspect you were merely covering your ass with faked insincerity, in order to avoid having to admit that you were wrong.[/quote']

I see you're just warming up.

Some advice: nobody is forcing you to respond to anyone's comments. If you don't like what I'm saying, just leave it.

No.

Yes.

Yes, yes!

I see you're just warming up.

Some advice: nobody is forcing you to respond to anyone's comments. If you don't like what I'm saying, just leave it.

The Urban Dictionary definitions of "trolling". No, what you were doing wasn't trolling at all... provided you strike meanings 1-4 and arguably 6 and 7, too.

As for your last missive, that whenever someone doesn't like what you're saying, we should "just leave it," what -- and let you scoop up all the marbles left behind on our playground? That's the kind of non-responsive meta-argument (here's another classic: "oh, it's just a stupid message board thread/this whole place is a waste of time". Yeah, and? Clearly it means something to some people, or they wouldn't bother in the first place...) that means nothing, esp. since it takes two to argue.

So here's some advice, in turn, for you: admitting to an insincerity designed to get a rise out of people, and pissing people off for its own sake, IS trolling, and admitting to as much is admitting to being a troll... which can get a person banned, even around this (relatively) laxly moderated board.

I think it's difficult to not answer trollish statements when the statement itself discredits the talent of the people you are fans of. To leave it without argument means that others reading might believe the comment to be one of value. I suppose the trick is to try and be impassive in response and then the troll will hopefully get bored!.:) But then I think sometimes we all enjoy a good spat! :p:LOL:

By all means' date=' stand by your words; they serve the purpose of backing up your snarky tone. But for the rest of us, we have no problem understanding the diff between "composing something off and on over a period of eight years" and "taking eight years to [by implication, working full-time on'] compose something".

This

I highly doubt it. You were being serious.

And by your tone in recent posts, it sounds to me like you are barely even a muse fan at all.

I'm going to go with the "You were being serious" arguement too. It just seems like a desperate attemp to hide ones mistake.

I don't why i'm getting invloved. I should be getting ready for a night out.

Exogenesis is the best Muse song ever! Woo!

Of course I was being serious. Some character thought I was being snarky and wanted to start an argument (must've been a lonely Sunday night for that person) which is something I'd rather not waste my time doing on internet forums. So, I threw some crap around to make their Sunday night a little less boring.

It took Matt three months on and off to write Exogenesis.

Lol. Nah.

Why not just listen to both? ;)

I agree that part 3 sounds like the Truman Show soundtrack though.

Part 1 reminds of Glass (Pruit Igoe and Prophecies), part 3 reminds me of Lizst Liebenstraume but it's all matter of personal opinion.

Of course I was being serious. Some character thought I was being snarky and wanted to start an argument (must've been a lonely Sunday night for that person) which is something I'd rather not waste my time doing on internet forums. So, I threw some crap around to make their Sunday night a little less boring.

Lol. Nah.

Nice try, snark addict. You threw down the gauntlet in your inflammatory put-down of Matt at a little before 6 PM Sunday, then said you'd "stand by [your] words" (clearly, you were baiting the thread and trolling for an argument yourself*) shortly afterwards. About a half-hour later, I joined the argument and called you on your tone.

We exchanged a few additional pleasantries after that, but you got the last word in, at 8:17 PM. Looks to me like YOU were the "lonelier" of the two of us. (BTW, the rhetorical technique of trying to win an argument by attacking your opponent personally is called ad hominem, and it's a pathetic substitute for reasoned arguments and having the facts on your side. Which you don't have, on either count.

I'm filing this under "Glass Houses, do not throw stones from inside of".

It may surprise you to know, I, Prada Shoes, that I rather admire you with respect to one thing. You don't seem to possess much in the way of knowledge, wit, social graces, honesty, or the ability to recognize reality, but you do possess the tenacity of a Doberman working on a rawhide chew toy. I think we both have that trait, in fact. Too bad you can't just follow your own advice to me: "nobody is forcing you to respond to anyone's comments. If you don't like what I'm saying, just leave it."

Harder to do it than it is to say it, ain't it?

Nice try' date=' snark addict. You threw down the gauntlet in your inflammatory put-down of Matt at a little before 6 PM Sunday, then said you'd "stand by [your'] words" (clearly, you were baiting the thread and trolling for an argument yourself*) shortly afterwards. About a half-hour later, I joined the argument and called you on your tone.

We exchanged a few additional pleasantries after that, but you got the last word in, at 8:17 PM. Looks to me like YOU were the "lonelier" of the two of us. (BTW, the rhetorical technique of trying to win an argument by attacking your opponent personally is called ad hominem, and it's a pathetic substitute for reasoned arguments and having the facts on your side. Which you don't have, on either count.

I'm filing this under "Glass Houses, do not throw stones from inside of".

It may surprise you to know, I, Prada Shoes, that I rather admire you with respect to one thing. You don't seem to possess much in the way of knowledge, wit, social graces, honesty, or the ability to recognize reality, but you do possess the tenacity of a Doberman working on a rawhide chew toy. I think we both have that trait, in fact. Too bad you can't just follow your own advice to me: "nobody is forcing you to respond to anyone's comments. If you don't like what I'm saying, just leave it."

Harder to do it than it is to say it, ain't it?

Best comeback ever. :awesome:

Archived