How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

Nice try' date=' snark addict. You threw down the gauntlet in your inflammatory put-down of Matt at a little before 6 PM Sunday, then said you'd "stand by [your'] words" (clearly, you were baiting the thread and trolling for an argument yourself*) shortly afterwards. About a half-hour later, I joined the argument and called you on your tone.

Yeah it is good. But not great considering it took Matt like 8 years or whatever to write it.

I read on here from multiple users that he had been working on it since OoS days. I was just going by that; maybe I'm wrong.

Either way we all know this isn't something he whipped up in a like year or two, so I'm still standing by what I said before.

You really think those comments were loaded? I wasn’t putting him down, you silly person! I wasn’t implying he is a bad musician, if that’s why you have your panties all tied in a knot.

And by the way, nobody was shit-slinging until you got here.

We exchanged a few additional pleasantries after that' date=' but you got the last word in, at 8:17 PM. Looks to me like YOU were the "lonelier" of the two of us.[/quote']

Actually, if you put on your bifocals you will see that my post at 8:17 PM wasn’t even directed at you. Let me rephrase that so you’ll understand my point more easily: you weren’t involved with that post; it did not concern you. Therefore, oh look, you had the last word!

Too bad you can't just follow your own advice to me: "nobody is forcing you to respond to anyone's comments. If you don't like what I'm saying, just leave it."

Harder to do it than it is to say it, ain't it?

You just proved that yourself, thanks.

See what you can do with facts when you're not blinded by senile rage?

I know eh? Trilateral Symmetry should go find a job rather than sit on a forum all day using big words. But he does like in New Jersey, so that must make things extra difficult.

:rolleyes:

It was aimed at you as well. :rolleyes:

And you started this off by using that uncalled for sentence about die hard Muse fans. Blatant attempt at trolling.

Nice try' date=' snark addict. You threw down the gauntlet in your inflammatory put-down of Matt at a little before 6 PM Sunday, then said you'd "stand by [your'] words" (clearly, you were baiting the thread and trolling for an argument yourself*) shortly afterwards. About a half-hour later, I joined the argument and called you on your tone.

We exchanged a few additional pleasantries after that, but you got the last word in, at 8:17 PM. Looks to me like YOU were the "lonelier" of the two of us. (BTW, the rhetorical technique of trying to win an argument by attacking your opponent personally is called ad hominem, and it's a pathetic substitute for reasoned arguments and having the facts on your side. Which you don't have, on either count.

I'm filing this under "Glass Houses, do not throw stones from inside of".

It may surprise you to know, I, Prada Shoes, that I rather admire you with respect to one thing. You don't seem to possess much in the way of knowledge, wit, social graces, honesty, or the ability to recognize reality, but you do possess the tenacity of a Doberman working on a rawhide chew toy. I think we both have that trait, in fact. Too bad you can't just follow your own advice to me: "nobody is forcing you to respond to anyone's comments. If you don't like what I'm saying, just leave it."

Harder to do it than it is to say it, ain't it?

:stunned: Jesus Christ.

I know eh? Trilateral Symmetry should go find a job rather than sit on a forum all day using big words. But he does like in New Jersey, so that must make things extra difficult.

You're the one spending your time on a forum of a band you don't even seem to like.

Was I the only one who expected Exogenesis to be more bombastic, over the top, and musically complex? I mean, nicknaming a song a "symphonic monster" sure does bring high expectations.

Despite of that I still love Exogenesis.

Yeah you're not the only one. While I absolutely love it, Exogenesis isn't really as big as I thought it'd be, if not a bit too much fuss being thrown about it to shape expectations. Cross-Pollination (the most powerful part) isn't that much more powerful than Hoodoo or Ruled By Secrecy. I expected it to be a middle-play sort of thing though, with Redemption being a bombastic choir-insanity driven thing that you'd see Immediate Music do for trailer music such as the Pirates 3 or Spidey 2 trailer, and that it'd eventually break down with a sort of melancholy piano melody like the one there is now.

That doesn't mean it's in any way bad though, in fact I find it near perfect.

Archived