How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

i think this is will/should be inspired by a freddie mercury bohemian rhapsody type epic. i mean, that song has everything. the most perfectly epic song will have:

a bassline better than hysteria's (that's not possible, i know)

better drumming than assassin and motp

more epic guitar than knights of cydonia and plug in baby

the epic feel of citizen erased

the awesome vibe of nishe.

and of course, some piano. in short, the best of all their styles.

yes. all wrapped in one. i think i would explode of ecstasy.

Yes, some of that is barely within reach of possibility, but that would create the greatest song in existence.

They should go epic and do it classic style:

I. Allegro Moderato (Starts out with bottom-heavy minor chords, transitions to parallel Major with tremolo octaves in the bass line, and many, many arpeggiations and key changes by accidentals. Ends with a fast coda of the intro.)

II. Largo (Slow, soaring melody overtop a heavily arpeggiated bass line. Many variations ensue. Ends with a completely different coda.)

III. Vivace (3/4 waltz tempo. Very bright. Awesomeness surely to ensue.)

If anyone caught it: I used Sonata Pathetique by Beethoven because it's pretty fucking awesome, IMO.

PS: Yes, I know it's already written. One can dream.

They should go epic and do it classic style:

I. Allegro Moderato (Starts out with bottom-heavy minor chords, transitions to parallel Major with tremolo octaves in the bass line, and many, many arpeggiations and key changes by accidentals. Ends with a fast coda of the intro.)

II. Largo (Slow, soaring melody overtop a heavily arpeggiated bass line. Many variations ensue. Ends with a completely different coda.)

III. Vivace (3/4 waltz tempo. Very bright. Awesomeness surely to ensue.)

If anyone caught it: I used Sonata Pathetique by Beethoven because it's pretty fucking awesome, IMO.

PS: Yes, I know it's already written. One can dream.

^what he said=:awesome:

I don't know if this has been said, but I don't think this symphonic monster should be seperated onto 3 tracks. Muse should accept full prog responsibilities and have a 15 minute song on its own.
This. It will only break the song, if the transitions between the parts aren't made unhearable.

• 2 weeks later...
This. It will only break the song, if the transitions between the parts aren't made unhearable.

Well, it's supposed to be the last 3 songs on the album, so I guess that it will be seamless like Hyper Music and Plug In Baby. I don't know why they're going to break it up.

This thread is so abandoned. :LOL:

Well, it's supposed to be the last 3 songs on the album, so I guess that it will be seamless like Hyper Music and Plug In Baby. I don't know why they're going to break it up.

This thread is so abandoned. :LOL:

OoS haz 5 songs blended into one another if you listen to them without gap

SD - HM - PB - CE - MC

If they can make it work with 5 they certainly can make it work with 3!!!111!!

+ being a Symphonic monster a symphony is normally broken into movement so makes sense...

SD - HM - PB - CE - MC

+ being a Symphonic monster a symphony is normally broken into movement so makes sense...

FTW :happy::happy:

SD - HM - PB - CE - MC

I knew HP and PB were connected, and CE and MC were, but I didn't know SD - MC were!

PS. FTW indeed!

SD - HM - PB - CE - MC

Since everyone knows that the wikis are legit...

This does have citations, though.

It sort of give light on why there are the different sections: They are different styles, possibly tempos, and possibly genres. I think that this is going to be quite an interesting album, especially these three parts. :happy:

This is also the first album Muse will have released since I've become a fan, so I have no idea how high to set my expectations. :rolleyes:

I wrote a lot of that...it's entirely based on things Muse have said. On Musewiki we actually cite everything' date=' it's alot more trustworthy than wikipedia =']

Yeah, I've figured that out. And that it's usually written by folks on the board. :LOL:

Musewiki is probably as accurate as it's going to get in terms of any Muse info :LOL: mainly because it's written by true fans, people who spend a lot of time researching/talking about/getting irritated by Muse! So, it's 100% more legit than Wikipedia, which is largely made up of bollocks! =]

Just thought I'd add my two cents on that topic haha!

As for le monster.... I'm hoping and praying we get a snippet of it tomorrow on the Radio 1 show... although I highly doubt it :( At the mo, ANY new info will do! We're getting desperate here!!!! *le sigh*

Musewiki is probably as accurate as it's going to get in terms of any Muse info :LOL: mainly because it's written by true fans, people who spend a lot of time researching/talking about/getting irritated by Muse! So, it's 100% more legit than Wikipedia, which is largely made up of bollocks! =]

Just thought I'd add my two cents on that topic haha!

As for le monster.... I'm hoping and praying we get a snippet of it tomorrow on the Radio 1 show... although I highly doubt it :( At the mo, ANY new info will do! We're getting desperate here!!!! *le sigh*

Is there any confirmation that they are gonna announce anything on Radio 1 tomorrow, or is it still a rumor?

There is no possible way that this album will not be great.

That's what I'm thinking.

I say that if they're going to effin' work us up forever, then it better blow us dead with it's awesomeness. These 'codes' are driving people crazy. I don't even try to decipher them, and I'm going crazy hearing about it! And why did they half to release it in the 2nd half of the year. A lot of bands release albums then. Muse are definitely not average; they're above and beyond. Why don't they release it earlier? Say.... June 5th (:awesome: birthday!)?!?

But seriously, I don't see how this album couldn't be good. There's this huge symphonic monster of a song in three parts, each including new elements. It's been 3 years since their last one, so they've HAD to have had a lot of ideas in those 3 years. I'm sure that they're only down to about 3 songs left to record and then maybe some remixing, then more stupid clues leading up to singles and the album.

Archived