How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

Very good point. I always say i dont get my hopes up because i always get let down, and i am a pessimist, which isnt always bad, because going around fearing the worst, when something DOES go well, its all the better.

Thats a good approach for this song.

Well said :)

Quite true.

I'm looking forward to it and I have high expectations. I'm an optimist!

This is Muse we're talking about, and I fully expect not to 'get it' first listen (took me about ten full listens to fully appreciate OOS), so I don't mind how it might sound to me at first. I just know that it'll grow on me and become a favourite, because everything Muse-created does. Even if Muse develop and change in style - and don't get me wrong, that's a good thing - they are consistent in quality, and that's what matters.

The problem with that is they'd be going over old ground. I mean there are ways around it but they've already in a sense done it, and though we love the raw sound of execution commentary for example, you can only do so many of those simple riffs before you look like you're doing the same thing everytime.

Yeaaaaaaah....and that is true. But oh well, at the least I hope it's interesting and innovative enough that everyone doesn't just get sick of it after 2-3 listens. Especially if it's going to be something they'd attempt to play live during the entire tour. It would be terrible if half the audience just got bored halfway through. But who knows, we have nothing to go off of on what the sound will be like, so we'll just have to see when it's released, like usual!

If it's been years in the making I guess it'll reflect that. It being in parts is prob because of this. Otherwise you'd get chops and changes that didn't make it run well as one track. But 'the hardest song ever', nah. Should flow like water not be like pulling teeth :$. Bruce Springsteen did that with Born TO Run (it's on the Making Of Special Edition DVD thing). He went back and back to it and it ended up consuming him and the band for weeks. Maybe that's why it's called the Symphonic Monster. Seems kinda stupid turning something you love (music) into something that you tie yourself in perfectionist knots over. I know it's gonna matter a whole lot, but if you try and perfectionalise something with your idea of what is perfectionism being the aim, you muddy all the water up in dark broodiness. Play for the sake of playing. You never know where you'll end up:-)Spontenaity is a wonderful thing. take spelling, for example..

I don't get why they're putting it into three parts. In my earlier link (or in another one), Matt says that it'll be the last 3 songs on the album. ?!? WHY??? Maybe he wants people to be able to download it in parts from iTunes instead of having to buy the whole album. Maybe he knows that if he does the other option, no one will buy the whole album for one song. WHO KNOWS?!? The point is that it's Muse, and I'm sure it will be great no matter what it is. I'm just looking forward to hearing orchestra and Muse!!! :D

I've heard that because the piano and guitar is so complicated, Dom cast a voodoo spell (using llama toenails, of course) to bring Jeff Buckley back from the dead so that he could sing instead of Matt.

Then the Messiah returns... :pope:

i think this is will/should be inspired by a freddie mercury bohemian rhapsody type epic. i mean, that song has everything. the most perfectly epic song will have:

a bassline better than hysteria's (that's not possible, i know)

better drumming than assassin and motp

more epic guitar than knights of cydonia and plug in baby

the epic feel of citizen erased

the awesome vibe of nishe.

and of course, some piano. in short, the best of all their styles.

yes. all wrapped in one. i think i would explode of ecstasy.

It has to be VERY different for it to keep my attention for 15 minutes, some epic riffs, some great piano bits, maybe a little guitar solo thrown in. It has the potential to be amazing, but it also has the potential to fail if muse arn't careful.

For example, if knights of cydonia was any longer, then it would of got repetative, if it was any shorter it would of been lacking something. They have to get the balance spot on.

Wrong. :p If KOC was 10 minutes long it would not be boring.

Archived