How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

i dunno, people liked that song from the international which may or may not have been anything at all and was pretty boring so im sure not many people will be all THAT disappointed.

It was good though. :LOL:

Hey, even if it's poopy orchestration people will call them geniuses and gods all over youtube

Isn't Matt orchestrating it all by himself too...he'll play every instrument so it's HIS SONG and NO ONE ELSE'S....or maybe he'll just write all the music instead.

15 minutes is too short :(

Haha, well, X Japan had this song called Art Of Life - its about half an hour. It has a long piano bit, orchestral bits and awesome guitars. Epic. Lyrics and all. Overly recommended. I hope thats not raising my expectations a bit though.

It would be nice if Muse tried a half an hour song in the future... but i'm excited about the 15minute-er. Especially if it has orchestral AND space rock.

But i was lying in bed the other day wondering what on earth i would say to them, given the chance, and a random question, which i wouldnt ask, was... if they ever feel pressured?... I mean, they have risen pretty rapidly in 9-10 years since Showbiz and playing smaller venues, to having these ridiculous sets and selling out Wembley Stadium, being given musical doctrates and having such consistent anticipation of new material.... do they ever wonder if all these people will like it? Some bands get the attention and then people are let down (Guns N Roses...*cough*)

PERSONALLY, even if the new stuff isn't as good as some other stuff, it wont exactly be a "let down" because in my eyes, their best stuff is a balanced mix from all albums and b-sides :)

But yeah, i just wondered. I dont know that much about the guys, but Bellamy doesnt strike me as someone to care what other people think too much. HE knows he's good.

ALSO - if people are let down, it would only be because they are not intelligent and/or weird enough to appreciate his endless genius :LOL:

Quote: Bellamy: "What voice? *laugh*" :happy:

Isn't Matt orchestrating it all by himself too...he'll play every instrument so it's HIS SONG and NO ONE ELSE'S....or maybe he'll just write all the music instead.

Well 15 mins of music and it's taken years to write according to him.

I'd expect the orchestration to be pretty damn interesting and not just B&H with more instruments all following the same harmony.

YAWN

I'd expect the orchestration to be pretty damn interesting and not just B&H with more instruments all following the same harmony.

YAWN

Yes - that means he's spent a long time creating the thing he wants - such perfectionsts :happy::p

It'll be something special - everyone knows it will be! I don't know why people don't trust their (supposedly) favourite band to come up with the goods, we know they're gods :LOL::rolleyes:

YAWN

Well and if anything they've hyped it up themselves by just mentioning the 15 min space rock solo in numerous interviews, so if they don't deliver something interesting and it's all simply B&H-esque then they've just essentially dug their own graves.

I think it's gonna be okay. One of those songs where I hear it, appreciate the effort that went into it and enjoy it, and then rarely listen to it afterwards. It's a balancing act with these kind of songs; you have to keep it interesting enough to keep the listener interested while still remaining cohesive. It will be interesting to see what happens. In any case, it will probably be cut down to about 7 minutes or something (wasn't KOC supposed to be 15 minutes?).

Also, I REALLY hope that they just put it into one track. There's no point splitting it into three. It just takes up spaces on the tracklist and makes it annoying for people with MP3 players without gapless.

Yeah true. The time between ALL of their albums has proven to be time well spent! :)

And something that has taken so much longer is sure to be grand. I meant do THEY *feel* any pressure, haha. Doubtful I spose.

Yeah, I hope it's not three parts. Like McFly - She Falls Asleep part 1 and 2.... WHY?! i hate parts. Though if they do, im sure to like it. They could release it in parts, but also release a whole. Its like artwork in three separate canvases... i don't like it :LOL:

I'm definitely intrigued by the whole idea of this 15 min song, especially when Dom's called it a "symphonic monster" but at the same time I wish they'd strip their music back down a bit like in the OoS era. But some could view that as they just ran out of ideas with their music....

I'm definitely intrigued by the whole idea of this 15 min song, especially when Dom's called it a "symphonic monster" but at the same time I wish they'd strip their music back down a bit like in the OoS era. But some could view that as they just ran out of ideas with their music....

The problem with that is they'd be going over old ground. I mean there are ways around it but they've already in a sense done it, and though we love the raw sound of execution commentary for example, you can only do so many of those simple riffs before you look like you're doing the same thing everytime.

Many bands seem to release the same stuff over again. A lot of Metallica sounds the same (dont get me wrong, i love them). As Fall Out Boy.. god, most of their songs could be off any album. So far, each of Muse's albums have been distinguishingly different (is that even a word lol...) but when you think how long music has been around, how there are only a limited number of notes, instruments and words, and how so much "new stuff" is released and made... its incredible. Yet, nothing is truly original. Look at the film industry.

Well, since psyence already said everything I wanted to say, I'll just tell that I don't WANT to have high expectations to this song. Because the better you believe it will be, the worse it will seem when it comes out (better say "less good" than "worse", considering we're talking about Muse :happy:).

Very good point. I always say i dont get my hopes up because i always get let down, and i am a pessimist, which isnt always bad, because going around fearing the worst, when something DOES go well, its all the better.

Thats a good approach for this song.

Well said :)

Lol, trust us Moozeingtons to pick apart le symphonic munstaarr without having heard a damn thing/string! I reckon it'll be truly epic in a very obviously Musey way... meaning that it'll be simultaneously loved and loathed by the whole myooze board haha! But then again, what else is new.. look at the reception BH&R got - twas like a see-saw of opinions on here when it was first released lol! Oh wellz, as others have said, I don't want to psych myself up too much... it's already been over-hyped to extahreeme proportions (I blame Dom, naturally!) :p

Archived