I'm hyping so much over the idea of opening with What's He Building then straight into the Futurism cymbals...

Would be amazing.

The dream opening for me is house lights off -> the band walks on with no intro -> Assassin -> Dead Star -> Citizen Erased. Crowd would go insane.

Not as confusing as stuff like Cave and Uno, which were singles and brought back in '09 and '15(!) respectively. Guess you could argue Origin stuff being omitted isn't surprising since they drew a line for some of those songs after R+L.

Yeah Uno is an equally odd exclusion after its 2015 cameos.

To be fair you could make the case there's a good dozen exclusions people would've voted for. Space Dementia, Uno, City of Delusion, Shrinking Universe and Glorious were ones I considered. I wasn't as warm on songs from Showbiz, although Spiral Static would've been a consideration too on an "everything's available" poll.

I've suggested it a few times but What's He Building > Citizen would be the perf way to kick things off imo. The dirty drop A riff works perfectly coming out of the Waits creepiness and it'd be the ultimate fan-favourite at the ultimate fan-gig (well, by Muse standards).

You could argue that the piano outro makes it a bit long and slow for opener but that'd just help make an end to the grand entrance and set the stage for the rest of the set for me.

Edit: More than anything though - Muse. Close with Bliss. Pls.

Edit 2: FOR REFERENCE :awesome:

Edited by Jobby

Just as "What's he building" comes to a close, slight pause....

"Controlling my feelings for too long..."

Well, that's about the point I start screaming anyway. That said, either CE or Futurism would be a smashing entrance.

Edited by OhHiJoms
edit because reasons

I've suggested it a few times but What's He Building > Citizen would be the perf way to kick things off imo. The dirty drop A riff works perfectly coming out of the Waits creepiness and it'd be the ultimate fan-favourite at the ultimate fan-gig (well, by Muse standards).

You could argue that the piano outro makes it a bit long and slow for opener but that'd just help make an end to the grand entrance and set the stage for the rest of the set for me.

Edit: More than anything though - Muse. Close with Bliss. Pls.

Edit 2: FOR REFERENCE :awesome:

Gotta say I prefer What's He Building into Dead Star.

Just as "What's he building" comes to a close, slight pause....

"Controlling my feelings for too long..."

That would also be madness. At any point in the set tbf, especially if Matt didn't introduce it or anything - just go straight into that first line. Got a feeling they'll do it with the drum intro from the album version though.

ok need dis

Edit: What CE performance is that?

Lille Zenith 2001 I think? There's only audio of 3 occasions where CE opened iirc - that, Leicester '01 and V Fest '01.

Just seen the list,

Some good options on there, bit of a shame as 4 of my choices were FAWY, The Small Print, MK Ultra & Hyper Condriac

I'll have to have a rethink. Gonna spend ages tweaking my list now, delighted Showbiz, The Groove and Futurism are on there though

The two fb groups I'm in now have the same top 10 just in a slightly different order. Both added together gives

Showbiz - 87

Muscle Museum - 74

Easily - 68

Eternally Missed - 68

Sing for Absolution - 59

Assassin - 56

Fury - 51

Futurism - 50

The Groove - 43

Exo-Politics - 37

This is how my mind is operating at the moment (apologies for the extensive list/post).

Going to give it a few more days...

------------------

MY SETLIST

------------------

1. Showbiz

2. Muscle Museum

3. Hyper Music (HEARD)

4. Citizen Erased (HEARD)

5. Sing for Absolution

6. Assassin

7. Easily

8. Exo-Politics

9. Survival (HEARD)

10. Revolt

------------------

------------------

SONGS NOT HEARD / WANT

------------------

1. Fury

2. The Groove

3. Eternally Missed

4. Neutron Star Collision

5. Map of your Head

6. Nature_1

7. Yes Please

8. Futurism

9. Dead Star

10. Do We Need This

11. Futurism

12. Some New Kind of Kick

-------------------

GREAT SONGS / HEARD A FEW TIMES / WANT AGAIN

-------------------

1. Reapers

2. Panic Station

3. Sunburn

4. Micro Cuts

5. Supremacy

6. Bliss

7. Butterflies & Hurricanes

8. Invincible

9. Take a Bow

Hi all. Long time lurker but first time poster. Bought my first Muse CD in 1999 and yet somehow never managed to get to a gig before this one so really excited for this one. My list below;

Stockholm Syndrome

Map Of The Problematique

Bliss

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Muscle Museum

Citizen Erased

Assassin

Micro Cuts

Showbiz

Dead Star

Bit disappointed Space Dementia and Dark Shines are missing from the list.

I know Stockholm Syndrome has obviously been played a hello of a lot over the years, but it has started to be dropped from setlists in the last couple of tours. I would really love to see it in a tiny venue as it's one of my favourite live songs.

I'm really struggling to narrow my list down! Stockholm will probably not quite make it onto my list which makes me sad.

At this moment in time, I have no idea what to vote for. I was going to select the whole of showbiz, but that's just completely out of the question.

so far ive got.

Dead Star, Map of your head. citizens erased, muscle museum, showbiz, easily, the handler, and hyper music. The songs which id like to pick just aren't there and that has actually quite annoyed me