And therein lies the reason I've been so long a lurker rather than poster. 1 post in and already some people are reacting like I've selected the complete tracklisting from Drones :rolleyes:

I get that it's a one-off chance to hear rarer tracks which almost all my selections are. Perhaps one or two might occasionally pop up at 'normal' shows but are not exactly staples which I'm guaranteed to see at any other show. Even those couple probably wouldn't have been there had every Showbiz/OOS/Absolution track been available to choose.

I don't think anyone really reacted that strongly, dude :erm: Just that you had a more than decent chance of seeing Stockholm and Map, maybe even Bliss and CE, at a normal gig so it might've been worth going for something rarer. Personally, I think you're fine with the latter two and I said before that the odd person voting for common songs isn't a big problem but the people taking issue were hardly having a go.

Also don't get what you mean when you say that's why you've been a lurker, sincere opinion-bashing is pretty rare on here nowadays imo.

New Born lost all its energy over the years though.

INCORRECT Download was probs the best performance I've seen of it.

don't forget Eternally Missed!!!

Does he need to? It's been in pretty much everyone's list :chuckle:

I would have voted for it but putting the tick in the box kept wiping Hyper Music off my list. Really annoying.

Yeah, I think it's been a bit unfairly stitched up by that tbh. Not a huge deal since it's only one song in the grand scheme of the votes/set but it's a bloody rare one, and good...

Edited by Jobby

And therein lies the reason I've been so long a lurker rather than poster. 1 post in and already some people are reacting like I've selected the complete tracklisting from Drones :rolleyes:

I get that it's a one-off chance to hear rarer tracks which almost all my selections are. Perhaps one or two might occasionally pop up at 'normal' shows but are not exactly staples which I'm guaranteed to see at any other show. Even those couple probably wouldn't have been there had every Showbiz/OOS/Absolution track been available to choose.

Bliss and CE would absolutely have been on my list were I going to this.

Absolutely no reason to not vote for something because there's an off chance you can go to a bunch of other gigs and possibly see one of those songs.

People can do whatever makes them happy, but this whole "make a list and vote as a group" thing I saw on FB, imo, takes some of the fun and "special"-ness out of this whole thing, making people feel pressured to drop something they truly want to vote for.

Shit, I'd have voted for Aftermath.

There's already inevitably going to be the disappointment of waiting for a certain song (especially if it were doing great in a misleading poll) to not have it get played. Unless they release the winners ahead of time, I guess. Which would also be weird.

New Born lost all its energy over the years though.

First they cut the tempo back (I think Dom hurt his wrist halfway during one of the Wembley shows so they slowed it down then and seemingly never brought it back to the old live tempo) and then Matt started being a diva and not bothering to do the keyboard -> guitar transition which was one of the best bits of the song live.

Leeds and Reading Festival. I think that was the last time I saw it live, he also did the transition.

I don't think anyone really reacted that strongly, dude :erm: Just that you had a more than decent chance of seeing Stockholm and Map, maybe even Bliss and CE, at a normal gig so it might've been worth going for something rarer. Personally, I think you're fine with the latter two and I said before that the odd person voting for common songs isn't a big problem but the people taking issue were hardly having a go

It was a little tongue in cheek but just making the point that quite a few people jumped on it with some less than welcoming remarks. At the end of the day I just wanna have an enjoyable night out watching my favourite band. I would hope most other people feel the same and don't get too hung up on the setlist.

It was a little tongue in cheek but just making the point that quite a few people jumped on it with some less than welcoming remarks. At the end of the day I just wanna have an enjoyable night out watching my favourite band. I would hope most other people feel the same and don't get too hung up on the setlist.

Tbh I think 90% of people want to go to this gig purely because of the setlist possibilities, since we know there's a very high chance of seeing songs with basically zero chance of ever being played again.

If you told me in advance it was going to be a bog standard set, I'd happily sell my ticket.

It's the only by-request gig Muse have ever done, so the setlist is kinda the point of the gig tbf. It's an extremely special occasion so people are naturally gonna get hung up on it being as special as it can be.

And therein lies the reason I've been so long a lurker rather than poster. 1 post in and already some people are reacting like I've selected the complete tracklisting from Drones :rolleyes:.

Yeah it's kind of annoying. Especially as stuff like Bliss is mentioned all the time here, even though it's performed quite a lot (23 times last year) and it's (according to online polls) got very few votes and is also not a rarity.

But no one gets called stupid or 'wasting a vote' for picking it.

Tbh I think 90% of people want to go to this gig purely because of the setlist possibilities, since we know there's a very high chance of seeing songs with basically zero chance of ever being played again.

And if that's the case then I'm sure plenty of rarities will be on the list, which I'm perfectly happy with - I hardly chose their greatest mass market hits after all.

um THEY UPDATED THE FUCKING LIST AND ALL THE MISSING TRACKS ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

What exactly have they added? All the remaining album songs and/or rest of the b-sides?

I would still consider that the songs that were originally on the list have a better chance of being played, because they must have pre-selected it what they would be able to / wanting to possibly play, and especially if they count all the old votes

Edited by Kmusecian

What exactly have they added? All the remaining album songs and rest of the b-sides?

Copied directly from the list

Falling Down ADD

Space Dementia ADD

Cave ADD

Apocalypse Please ADD

Screenager ADD

Falling Away With You ADD

Uno ADD

Darkshines ADD

Megalomania ADD

The Small Print ADD

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist ADD

Soldier's Poem ADD

Ruled By Secrecy ADD

City Of Delusion ADD

Blackout ADD

Glorious ADD

Exogenesis ADD

Save Me ADD

Endlessly ADD

Liquid State ADD

Forced In

Available Songs

Uprising

Psycho

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Feeling Good

Madness

Knights Of Cydonia

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Dead Inside

Mercy

Plug In Baby

Dig Down

Some New Kind of Kick

Undisclosed Desires

Reapers

Panic Station

Supremacy

The Handler

Resistance

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Defector

Survival

Revolt

Follow Me

Bliss

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Muscle Museum

Aftermath

Animals

Assassin

Invincible

Sing For Absolution

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Citizen Erased

Unintended

The Globalist

Sunburn

Unnatural Selection

Take a Bow

Guiding Light

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

United States Of Eurasia

Exo-Politics

Hyper Music

Sign O' The Times

Fury

The Groove

Easily

Eternally Missed

Micro Cuts

Neutron Star Collision

Map Of Your Head

Nature_1

Yes Please

Agitated

Showbiz

Futurism

Dead Star

Falling Down

Space Dementia

Cave

Apocalypse Please

Screenager

Falling Away With You

Uno

Darkshines

Megalomania

The Small Print

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Soldier's Poem

Ruled By Secrecy

City Of Delusion

Blackout

Glorious

Exogenesis

Save Me

Endlessly

Liquid State

Forced In

Do We Need This

HOLY SHIT.

Copied directly from the list

Falling Down ADD

Space Dementia ADD

Cave ADD

Apocalypse Please ADD

Screenager ADD

Falling Away With You ADD

Uno ADD

Darkshines ADD

Megalomania ADD

The Small Print ADD

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist ADD

Soldier's Poem ADD

Ruled By Secrecy ADD

City Of Delusion ADD

Blackout ADD

Glorious ADD

Exogenesis ADD

Save Me ADD

Endlessly ADD

Liquid State ADD

Forced In

That is a bigger kick in the balls than getting kicked in the balls

id kill for exogenesis, providing its the whole lot

It's the only by-request gig Muse have ever done, so the setlist is kinda the point of the gig tbf. It's an extremely special occasion so people are naturally gonna get hung up on it being as special as it can be.

Fair enough but plenty of people have picked very similar songs to me without being criticised or having their choices described as 'stupid' or 'my worst fear'. If anyone feels my choices would ruin their night then I'm sorry but it's a democratic vote so if it is 90% 'hardcore' fans you've got nothing to worry about anyway.