Choices will be:

Dig Down

Madness

Undisclosed Desires

Feeling Good

Resistance

Jimmy Kane

(jk)

haha, well I'm sure there will be shades of the Resistance Summer Stadium Tour. But it'll be fun to see how voting works. If it's write in or choices and if they see all the different songs chosen.

Not sure exactly how that's gonna work but I have a bad feeling :chuckle:

If I had to guess, it might be a 'use this like/reaction thing to vote for x song' or liking a certain comment from the band or something. Options may well just be Bliss, Stockholm and Map or something.

Is it just me who thinks giving the voting to people who aren't actually at the concert is a bit fucky?

That would be a brilliant way to finally shush those who say "they don't care at all!!1!!".

You say that like it's crazy after consistently (and openly) stiffing US fans with gigs and charging $100+ for a tour with 15 songs where the frontman frequently leaves the stage to hang about backstage? :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

Imagine standing there and thinking 'well...I hope the people on Facebook have picked a good song for me' :LOL: Praying that's not the system they use for R+L.

I had an idea last year that could've been a better version imo. Set up a poll online on the day of each gig (maybe accessed through a specific link or even an AR/QR code) and, whenever there's not a support act on stage, show a live feed of the poll on the big screens so that people can join in while waiting for the band. Seemed like a fun idea to me - engage the fans, alleviate a bit of boredom and make people feel connected to the gig.

Imagine standing there and thinking 'well...I hope the people on Facebook have picked a good song for me' :LOL: Praying that's not the system they use for R+L.

I had an idea last year that could've been a better version imo. Set up a poll online on the day of each gig (maybe accessed through a specific link or even an AR/QR code) and, whenever there's not a support act on stage, show a live feed of the poll on the big screens so that people can join in while waiting for the band. Seemed like a fun idea to me - engage the fans, alleviate a bit of boredom and make people feel connected to the gig.

and feel despair wash over yourself as you see Madness winning the poll in real time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVHru6bDRLR/

During the concert, MUSE will allow Facebook viewers to vote on three songs they will perform within their set. (Austin, austin360 Amphitheater)

Guessing this is going to be a lot like the Stockholm/New Born roulette thing from the T2L tour, but with voting involved instead of the band picking it. i.e. they'll have 3 rotation slots with 2 songs in each one, and ask people on Facebook to vote for which of the two they want.

There's a chance they could throw something more interesting in there, but it could very well just be options like Resistance/Plug in Baby, the Handler/SS, that sort of thing.

Imagine standing there and thinking 'well...I hope the people on Facebook have picked a good song for me' :LOL:

i'll be there.

no doubt, it's a blessing disguised as a curse. can't wait to watch my life flash before my eyes as the shit of the shit (instead of the cream of the crop) rises to the top of the poll and we (attendees, livestreamers, and all) are greeted with worst setlist of all time.

How is this vote thing being organised exactly?

Badly.

ofc. what else is new?

presumably just a standard poll on muse's fb page, either below the livestream feed or separately in another post.

a couple hrs ago, it was posted that the livestream will start at 9:10 CST...but i think they mean CDT (cuz austin's currently on daylight time). that means, e.g., 3:10 a.m. for those of you in the UK.

again, for some reason, i expect full-on sabotage w/ the voting. then again, due to the fact that the setlists can't get much worse, and since i'm seeing them a few times this go-around, i don't care what the hell wins.

It's going to have to be an X or Y type poll, because there's no way in hell they're going to play whatever random song people would throw out there otherwise. I doubt Matt remembers how to play half his catalogue.

I'm predicting it'll be voting between the existing rotations, DI/UD Handler/SS etc.

btw, friend of mine said a ton of the crowd bailed early on the last NOLA gig. Anyone know if there's truth to that?

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Should do the Metallica thing - allow concert goers to vote during a specific time period at the gig. Look up Metallica by Request tour, or something like that.

Metallica's was good.

i said this the last time a 'by request' thing actually came to fruition (Ukraine, i think?):

beach house does the request bit fairly well with their 'setlist creator.'

http://www.beachhousebaltimore.com/tour/