NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

yeah

but

i dont know why i got my hopes up

facebook seemed to enjoy it though

That's because most of those people were stupid. One guy during MWAH even commented to other people saying that it wasn't Knights of Cydonia, but he could see them segueing into it. And then patted himself on the back when he was "right" :LOL: I just can't.

That's because most of those people were stupid. One guy during MWAH even commented to other people saying that it wasn't Knights of Cydonia, but he could see them segueing into it. And then patted himself on the back when he was "right" :LOL: I just can't.

Considering that was said on Facebook, that's not exactly shocking. Someone also asked for them to come to Atlanta soon, too and they were there 5 days ago. People say the dumbest shit on the face of the Earth on normal Facebook. I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be any different on Muse Facebook.

You sure it wasn't playback like a few weeks ago?

The playback was in the high backing vocal "no ones gonna take me alive" part. I'm sure he did the usual falsetto in the first few minutes like he always has.

Plus, also, I know it's filler, but I still really like having Isolated System in the set. It shouldn't count as a song, obvs, but it's a really nice composition and I think it works a a precursor to a heavy song. Works better with The Handler than SS though.

Ok I anticipated a shit-show so I didn't stay up and watch the stream, could some kind folk gimme a summary?

Same as always, except people on FB could vote between PiB / Bliss, SS / The Handler, and DI / UD. Bliss, UD, SS won.

Facebook people just went full *****.

I'd much rather have the new, fresher version of UD than DI, which is uselessly tough on Matt's voice and too similar to Madness.

Edited by JessicaSarahS
Language

Uprising guitarless has been a thing for a while. Still makes no sense.

I'm not sure if I like the new Psycho solo, although I do agree it sounds better than it did earlier in the tour and its good to see Matt not doing the muted solo that was in use for most of 2016.

Badly.

Thought it would be tbf.

Surprised Bliss got picked over PiB, mind.

"You know you're listening to an incredible band when they can play a song on the spot"

Lol

:chuckle:

BTW, for those in Europe, will be R+L livestreamed this year?

Hoping they deliver a brilliant setlist from that venues (and downloading later on MuseBootlegs)... xD

Edit: tried spamming Dead Inside but the worst song won... :(

The three headliners there last year were all shown on BBC television. Don't know about online streaming, although I'm aware some sets were. Stands to logic if Muse's show is full on TV it also will be online.

On the positive side:

- Colourful outfits and shit are back

- Psycho sounds much better

- His voice sounded strong, but he attempted nearly zero difficult note

- I like the new rendition of UD

Yeah Matt's stagewear does look a lot cooler than the increasingly bland Drone-suits on the last tour.

Also I like the look of the new Hysteria guitar.

Well, I thought the stream idea was great! :happy:

Yeah the idea was cool. Just started listening and it does sound half-decent.

Edited by forevermusic

Same as always, except people on FB could vote between PiB / Bliss, SS / The Handler, and DI / UD. Bliss, UD, SS won.

Pretty much exactly what we expected I guess. Weak, but not surprising. Pray they do something better for R+L.

Uprising guitarless has been a thing for a while. Still makes no sense.

Surprised people seem so shocked by that, been a thing since the original arena tour started in late '15.

Heard some praise for it but I'm pretty disappointed in UD's new guitar part tbh. There's potential for some really nice stuff an acoustic could add to that song but what Matt's gone with is so basic, bland and slapped on that it becomes pointless and, ultimately, doesn't even feel like it fits imo. Sounds like it just rips off DI's last third in a different key.