NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

The Metallica thing sounds like it'd disrupt the gig a bit to me? Do the voting/poll before the gig imo, then let the gig itself flow normally.

They did a poll online beforehand, tickets tied to codes that let you log in, which picked the top 16 songs (they were all the usual suspects, Sandman, puppets etc). the 17th song was decided by Metallica who built a setlist around them and the final 18th slot was used for the 'vote of the day' which was the song during the encore. it was flashed on screen between opening acts and mentioned a couple of times between songs.

invariably all the setlists were basically the same, with a couple of noteworthy exceptions like a REALLY REALLY HEAVY setlist in Latin America where they had to drop Nothing Else Matters and played a bunch of thrash songs, Finland which got a song they'd not played ever before in 27 years, and St Anger making an appearance at a few shows around Germany. Overall it was a total washout and I don't think it lived up to its full potential purely because everyone picked the hits and most of the setlists were functionally identical.

I honestly can't believe people thought they could vote for stuff like Glorious and FAWY to begin with.

The hopes that there wouldn't be an illusion of choice, doesn't even have to be crazy rarities just ones that aren't in the typical setlist.

What's there to stop one person from spamming the shit out of a song?

And nothing, actually. You can flood and I think the proportions would increase.

Also fuck having the option between The Handler and Stockholm, this just signals to Muse that given either of these songs the other one would have to be retired. Both are good and both should stay in the set but not as rotations with each other.

Also fuck having the option between The Handler and Stockholm, this just signals to Muse that given either of these songs the other one would have to be retired. Both are good and both should stay in the set but not as rotations with each other.

All of this. Both should be in the set instead of SMBH or Resistance.