NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

You say that like it’s not a huge deal tbf :chuckle:

For an Italian fan like me, it may be a huge deal. But for a Japanese fan, given the history of their sets there, it could be less so, although still brilliant.

They (we) wanted them to stop giving Japan special treatment that other gigs never even got half of.

I dissociate myself from that "we", then.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

For an Italian fan like me, it may be a huge deal. But for a Japanese fan, given the history of their sets there, it could be less so, although still brilliant.

I'd say it's still a huge deal. Off the top of my head, it's up there with Futurism, Yes Please, Agitated and CTMEOY for the rarest song Japan's ever had. Considering how massive of a fan favourite Showbiz is as well, it's arguably the biggest of those 5.

Well Showbiz is obviously old news by now. Where is HTAILY?

:'(

The real questions.

Edited by Jobby

It's not that special in the sense it didn't come out of nowhere like many of the other Japanese shows had. But thinking it's a step down only applies to Zepp. In 2010 Japan was considered lucky for just getting Dead Star in Tokyo. Saitama also only had Redemption.

Speaking of rarities and whatnot, I got curious so I crunched some numbers from the last 9 years and here are the odds for what's most likely to make a return in 2018:

- Working under the definition of a song's 'return' as being gone for at least 3 years before coming back.

- Most popular records/eras for returns: Origin (13), Showbiz (9), Absolution (7)

- Most common no. of years passed before a song makes a return: 3 years (6), 8 years (5), 12 years (4)

- Most popular year groups: 11-15 years (10), 6-10 years (8), 3-5 years (8)

- Has the song made more than 1 comeback?

- Does the song have fan backing/get requested?

- Was the song on the Shepherd's Bush voting list?

- The band have never brought back a song that's been gone for more than 15 years so anything else that was last played in 2002 or before ain't counted.

Likelihood: Strong | Decent | Slight | Weak (

)

Uno, Cave | Space Dementia, Megalomania, Ruled By Secrecy, Unintended, Forced In, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Animals, Guiding Light, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, City Of Delusion, Unsustainable | The Small Print, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Exo-Politics, Hoodoo, Falling Down, Overture, Man Of Mystery, Neutron Star Collision, Popcorn, Explorers | Darkshines, Screenager, Eternally Missed, I Belong To You, Liquid State, Sign O' The Times, Lithium, Crying Shame, Do We Need This, Nature_1, Map Of Your Head, Falling Away With You, Redemption, Aftermath, Save Me

Muse average around 4 song returns a year, just as an fyi. Oh, and this is all obvs super factual.

)

Uno, Cave | Space Dementia, Megalomania, Ruled By Secrecy, Unintended, Forced In, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Animals, Guiding Light, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, City Of Delusion, Unsustainable | The Small Print, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Exo-Politics, Hoodoo, Falling Down, Overture, Man Of Mystery, Neutron Star Collision, Popcorn, Explorers | Darkshines, Screenager, Eternally Missed, I Belong To You, Liquid State, Sign O' The Times, Lithium, Crying Shame, Do We Need This, Nature_1, Map Of Your Head, Falling Away With You, Redemption, Aftermath, Save Me

American version.

American version.

almost

)

1. Dig Down

2. DS + Psycho

3. Interlude + Hysteria

Edit: Matt's guitar tone sounds a bit shit

Maybe it’s because I haven’t heard Matt sing live for a while but his voice is a bit shit too, he is struggling to even sing Hysteria :stunned: Edited by Stewez