NA Tour 2017 General Discussion Thread

leohz

Yeah, unfortunately "thought contagion" sounds like more of the same from Drones, doesn't it?

I found it a bit funny that they stressed it being "heavy." Dig Down backlash, maybe? :chuckle:

I don't know what makes me cringe more, honestly: the song title, or those fans that now exult just because they're getting a "heavehhh!1!\m/" song.

Haven't we learned anything after Drones?

(Not that I don't like the album, but we know it isn't exactly a f**king masterpiece).

I definitely hear Thought Contagion. Sounds like one of those cringy titles from when musers dream up the next album.

When the interviewer said "thought", though, Matt corrected him. So it must be "fourth", otherwise they could also have tried to correct the title of the KROQ article confirming the song.

EDIT: Unless Matt has used a cockney-like accent, but I doubt it.

When the interviewer said "thought", though, Matt corrected him. So it must be "fourth", otherwise they could also have tried to correct the title of the KROQ article confirming the song.

EDIT: Unless Matt has used a cockney-like accent, but I doubt it.

He wasn’t necessarily correcting him. They could barely hear eachother and Matt simply seemed to repeat it because he was unsure what Ted said as well. Pretty common thing to do. And there’s an obvious “T” sound at the end of the word.

He wasn’t necessarily correcting him. They could barely hear eachother and Matt simply seemed to repeat it because he was unsure what Ted said as well. Pretty common thing to do. And there’s an obvious “T” sound at the end of the word.

Shouldn't the "ou" in "thought" have a more open pronunciation, however? Like the "o" in "boy", I mean, instead of what happens with "door".

EDIT: I've just checked and it is indeed spoken like in "door". Sorry.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Muse won't headline any of the fests they did on the last run, they usually leave a tour cycle between. Reading's a good example - 2006, 2011, 2017. Glastonbury too - 2004, 2010, 2016.

For UK, I would have said Isle of Wight festival but looks like headliners are already announced for that. No Glasto this year, they won't do Reading back-to-back, can't see them at V (or whatever that becomes), they won't do Download (already announced, iic). TRNSMT seems like an option but still not that likely imo.

Yeah one of my guesses for a UK date would've been Isle of Wight before their announcement. And again, I still find it weird Liam Gallagher gets equal billing with Depeche Mode. Not relevant, but still.

The one I had thought they could do was BST Hyde Park, which still has one slot to announce (based on 6 shows last year), and Muse have never played there, but I dunno... maybe its too obvious a guess. Maybe they'll do their own gig, or just skip the UK altogether.

Innit, it’ll be 8 years since they last played Wembley.

Not sure about 6 stadiums though, are they hot enough for that?

Think they only did 4 stadium shows for The Unsustainable Tour, and even then I don't think they sold out the Coventry or Manchester nights.

Saying that, they sold out pretty much every night on the April tour last year, drew a big Glastonbury crowd, and seemed to draw a big Reading crowd, so would imagine they're still big enough to do more than just one in London.

Innit, it’ll be 8 years since they last played Wembley.

Not sure about 6 stadiums though, are they hot enough for that?

If they were to play stadium gigs, they would be obliged to play mastodontic setlists like they did during The Unsustainable Tour, and I'm not sure if Matt wish to go down that route again without filling the setlists with interludes and the other mumbo-jumbos to rest his voice.