I love it so much, from 4 releases this is the first time a Muse album has legitimately lived up to my hopes <3 don’t laugh but, especially given the extra loooong build up, that fact almost makes it emotional for me

I liked Drones a lot but I still had slightly higher expectations

Man The Void would be absolutely incredible if they remembered how to finish a song with bombast. That said, it sounds like a Kid A Radiohead track(sorry).

Noooooooooo

The restraint of the ending is one of the best aspects </3

Just realised Matt repeating that low ‘they are wrong’ at the end does remind me of Thom’s ‘we hope that you choke, that you chooooooke’ in Exit Music

Edited by Jobby

Noooooooooo

The restraint of the ending is one of the best aspects </3

The only my disappointment of The Void is when the snare comes in the middle of the song. If they want to build up the song. They should try different approach. But it doesn't change the fact that the void is one of the best song on this album.

“You keep tellin’ pretty lies

You play with the truth

*ooh*

Ya killin’ me with your”

I can already tell you I’m gonna be doing this an unhealthy amount around the house, in showers and in public

Probably the odd sudden spurt of

“FLOOOOOZY”

too

I’m gonna be a mess at gigs

The only my disappointment of The Void is when the snare comes in the middle of the song. If they want to build up the song. They should try different approach. But it doesn't change the fact that the void is one of the best song on this album.

The "it takes a leap of faith" bit is a bit too major and happy for what proceeds and follows imo yeah

I'm really happy about the final result. Have to give it some more listens before give a final opinion, but I'd say I love half of the songs, and the rest of them are solid except for DD, which is the worse song by miles.

Also, best album since Abso. I've already liked Drones quite a bit, but this album is just better for sure.

Also, GUAF is one of the better songs. Top 4 imho. Fight me! :LOL:

Edited by topo_musero

Listened to the google drive one at work. Thoughts after 1 listen:

This album is completely insane.

Algorithm is absolutely incredible and in a different league to everything else here.

I like all of the new tracks except.. surprise surprise.. Get Up and Fight, which is hilariously atrocious. I don't mind at this point though.

Propaganda reminds me of Odelay-era Beck in a really good way.

Break It to Me might be the most ridiculous thing the band has ever done, which is quite an achievement.

Blockades is almost torpedoed by those backing vocals, which may become annoying over time. Loved the guitar brutality.

Waited for a Big Bang in both The Void and TDS alternate... nothing came. They both sounded really good though! (Not as good as Hyper Chondriac Music, however, but again that's not a problem at all).

Dig Down alternate is better than the original; I weirdly prefer the original version of SH except for the shitty intro drums.

The 2nd worst track on the album is in fact not Dig Down but Thought Contagion, which sounds completely out of place and drags like hell.