Just gave those little snippets a re-listen, GUAF definitely sounds crazy pitch corrected to me but I'm wondering whether it's just the quality of the rip/the fact it's on vinyl (if I remember correctly vinyl's can sometimes distort pitch slightly because they play a little faster or something?)

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Can't remember what snippet, but one of the snippets (not GUAF) also sounded a little pitch shifted.

I considered that but the other snippets and instrumental to GUAF sound normal to me, it’s possible but I’m gonna stick with that being the proper pitch and hope it’s Matt’s actual untweaked vocals. It’s within his range, just extremely impressive (especially given the context of how he’s sounded over the last few years), and would make sense that anything above that would have to be sung by Tove Lo.

Edited by Jobby

So...

Algorithm: Jean Michel Jarre meets Michael Giacchino to make an opera electro-rock epic.

Propaganda: Prince's and Johnny Guitar Watson's jam gets disrupted by Butthole Surfers and Portishead.

BITM: Tom Morello jams over a classic 90s hip hop beat while a cast of Bollywood dancers and singers perform in the background.

Blockades: 80s Rush make their own version of Stockholm Syndrome.

The Void: pure gloomy synthwave (for now).

I considered that but the other snippets and instrumental to GUAF sound normal to me, it’s possible but I’m gonna stick with that being the proper pitch and hope it’s Matt’s actual untweaked vocals. It’s within his range, just extremely impressive (especially given the context of how he’s sounded over the last few years), and would make sense that anything above that would have to be sung by Tove Lo.

It just sounds a little bit off to me? Like it has that real smoothed over, lighter sound that pitch shifting often brings.

idk if that description even made sense lol listen to 80% of Jared Leto's studio recorded vocals these days and you'll get what I mean

It just sounds a little bit off to me? Like it has that real smoothed over, lighter sound that pitch shifting often brings.

idk if that description even made sense lol listen to 80% of Jared Leto's studio recorded vocals these days and you'll get what I mean

No, I agree, said that after hearing the audio. But, like I said, given that the other snippet’s sound totally normal (Propaganda sounding the exact same pitch as that earlier leak from Taratata) as well as GUAF’s instrumental, which the vocals are in key with, I’m not sure it is that. I could 100% be wrong though, we’ll have to see.