I get the feeling Matt included a few awkward lines to make it clear he’s NOT whinging about Muse fans, or the media. I suspect he’s complaining about some restrictive recording contract we’re unaware of, likely with NDAs involved, that has influenced their recent musical output.

That, or we’re still in the era of vague sincerity cloaked in metaphors.

He could be referring to all of that, fans, label and what not. I hope it's like that, because it would give the song more levels of interpretation.

You're right... But why Matt decides to talk about Muse fans on a album about simulation theory ?

Their so-called "simulation theory" is linked to the fact VR tecnhology is improving and expanding to the point it may fagocitate our lives and offer to us escapism from the real world and life.

Since Matt himself explained that escapism is among the album themes, we could say Pressure is about himself desperately venting against the pressure his life as a worldwide famous rockstar involves, to the extent he wants to break away from all of that from time to time and shelter himself in an ideal dimension where everything is perfect, just like a self-made dream (see Something Human). In this view, VR technology could become a metaphor of seeking an easy escape into dreams, without actually facing real life problems, which is something we all have to do at some point before they get out of our control (see Dig Down).

Sorry if I got a bit carried away.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

You're right... But why Matt decides to talk about Muse fans on a album about simulation theory ?

Not everything has to inherently tie into the title of the album. But Simulation Theory could really incorporate anything, it's broad. Plus songs can have more than one meaning. Like with Dead Inside, the song starts off the Drones storyline, but it's also personal to Matt.

Meanwhile - Matt clearly has absolutely 0 clue about the album’s promotion since he’s now bewildered by ‘psychic’ fans knowing Pressure’s lyrics :LOL: main Twitter account isn’t helping him be retweeting it

I think he's just fooling around. There's no way he and the other two wouldn't approve the marketing choices of their media management.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I think he's just fooling around. There's no way he and the other two wouldn't approve the marketing choices of their management.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were genuinely just not that involved with it :chuckle: kinda look back to Matt in one of the interviews for the singles having to ask what they could/couldn’t say and seemingly not knowing what was going on

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were genuinely just not that involved with it :chuckle: kinda look back to Matt in one of the interviews for the singles having to ask what they could/couldn’t say and seemingly not knowing what was going on

If it's the case in which none of them have been aware of this until now, I'm afraid some heads will go off in there.

What YT links?

Either way yeah I doubt it. Matt didn’t describe the whole song as ‘video gamey’, just the synths iirc, and he also compared them to Blade Runner.

this was one of them.

The new Muse song is obviously the one that starts at 4:20 in that video. Matt is meme-ing.

Is that Algorithm account not the same one/people that made that one video pretending to be an ARG that was confirmed as not official by management? Seems like the same editing and style.
It is. The point is that Matt himself is interacting with it. The links are in the comments.

Apparently, a snippet of Propaganda was played at Tara tonight (studio version) and according to multiple sources it's "very heavy"

We could be in for a treat.

Remember when Follow Me was called Dead Star 2 and Mercy was Hysteria 2?

I trust bloody Matt’s descriptions more than I trust fans with these things