http://picosong.com/w5WmW/

One of the things that also made me think it could be an actual Muse instrumental was the percussion part, which definitely sounds like it could have come from this:

Just listened to the interview (finally someone uploaded it on youtube, thx) and it sounds similar but with synth instead if instruments. It also reminds me of D'Angelo -style, so late 90's soul/r&b. Muse have this list on Spotify and there is "Brown sugar" by D'Angelo - I think Matt chose the song - so it could be a Muse-song, maybe an instrumental? Could be cool, maybe the song they worked on with Zane, remixed by .... insert the name, I forgot it, they mentioned him, a DJ I think..

well, my thoughts about it. :)

edit: and it reminds me of this song by him, or because of the video.... :stongue:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SxVNOnPyvIU

Edited by Claudia O.

word from an album listening party last night is that the album is heavy on the synths.

Wait, whaaat? There really was a listening party of the album? And where?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw a screenshot on r/Muse in which a listener wrote that he could describe the album as "synth-pop".

Also, one user under the post commented that the same person has deleted another reply in which he said his favorite track was a tie between Algorithm and Blockades.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

yeah, the dude was really ratting on the listening party. i’m sure he wasn’t supposed to spill any details.

i’m kind of upset he leaked some details because the newest single release had excited me for the album as it was a bit of a curveball from the other singles, but now that he described it as “synth pop” the mystery is gone. i also don’t ever trust non-music head’s descriptions of muse so i hope he is wrong or woefully generalizing the sound...

Edited by shostakobitch

now that he described it as “synth pop” the mystery is gone

i also don’t ever trust non-music head’s descriptions of muse so i hope he is wrong or woefully generalizing the sound...

uh

but yeah I was about to say the same thing. I would never trust some random dude's description based on a first listen. I've heard Muse fans describe Undisclosed Desires as prog-rock, so I take every description with a grain of salt.

but yeah I was about to say the same thing. I would never trust some random dude's description based on a first listen. I've heard Muse fans describe Undisclosed Desires as prog-rock, so I take every description with a grain of salt.

… interesting description that, given UD isn't really rocky (although I did hear a cool sounding rock-based reinvention of the track a while ago).

I clearly remember people hearing Follow Me at Taratata before its release in 2012 and describing it as Dead Star 2.

In fairness those early pre-album live vids from E-Werk in Cologne, despite being recorded on phones, made tracks like Follow Me and Supremacy sound incredible imo, got me so hyped for the album.

...Then we got the real tracks a couple of weeks later :$

Yeah Follow Me I remember sounded heavier in its first iteration. Maybe it was the extra guitar in the T2L promo shows that they then ditched for the tour proper.

I suddenly realized just now Follow Me would fit the sound of the new album very well if it's going to be synth-y for the most part. I'm quite sure it will make a comeback this next tour.

i’m kind of upset he leaked some details because the newest single release had excited me for the album as it was a bit of a curveball from the other singles, but now that he described it as “synth pop” the mystery is gone.

I mean... TDS is pretty much synthpop. A very dark and gritty one, but pretty much synthpop.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

That it has a similar style in production.
And that's what I replied to? Which is why I'm saying the only thing they have in common is the use of synths. Simulation Theory seems to be very based on the 80s in general, while Follow Me is modern pop+brostep.

The Dark Side has some wubstep as well. There's an instrumental floating around which must be from an older version. If you phase shift it against the current release, the main things left over (after compression artifacts) are vocals and wubs.

In other words, they turned up the wub-wubs for the final release.