Okay so during the entire interview they had Muse instrumentals playing in the background, but in the last part the instrumental wasn't any known Muse song. It sounded a bit too generic to actually be Muse but might be interesting anyway so I'll upload that part separately.

Noticed that too but seemed more like a generic beat than anything muse would've made so I assumed it was just that. Time will tell

So they said every song will have a video and we've seen some sense of continuity but with the current songs being done in release order this is gonna be fucked. Something Human goes directly into The Dark Side but they are not at all next to each other on the album.

Noticed that too but seemed more like a generic beat than anything muse would've made so I assumed it was just that. Time will tell

Yeah I would never in a million years think that it was Muse in any other case. Was just weird that they only played Muse songs for the entire interview and then that...

Okay so during the entire interview they had Muse instrumentals playing in the background, but in the last part the instrumental wasn't any known Muse song. It sounded a bit too generic to actually be Muse but might be interesting anyway so I'll upload that part separately.

Maybe it's to signal that the interview is about to end...?

So they said every song will have a video and we've seen some sense of continuity but with the current songs being done in release order this is gonna be fucked. Something Human goes directly into The Dark Side but they are not at all next to each other on the album.

Yeah I was thinking about that and I don't really expect them to all be connected or even as similar as the singles thus far. I guess it depends on who works on the next videos, whether it's Lance Drake or not. If it is him and even if they're not directly connected I feel that he will likely include some sort of "Easter egg" in each video referencing another video (like the dig down game in thot contagion)

Naaah, doesn’t sound like something they’d do imo. Style aside, it’s too...subtle, y’know?

If it is I’m impressed and I like it but I massively doubt it. Realistically, Warner wouldn’t be sending out songs or instrumentals for anything not yet released this early anyway, right?

It definitely sounds cool, not sure itd be Algorithm.. “piano” chords sound a little more jazzy / R n B-ish more so than classical as the songs been described. Also not sure I can hear lyrics about “war with your creator” being sung over that. Either way not sure why they’d play muse songs the whole time in the background and then decide to play some stock song

Jeez. If they had a chance to have a coherent narrative through all the tracks and then fucked the order up then that's the dumbest shit going.

I feel like SH is Muse finally dropping the pretense and just putting out a straight up pop song. It doesn't make me enjoy the song any more, but it's nice that they're not beating around the bush and instead just going all in for once. Maybe that's why people like it - it's not pretending to be anything it's not.

So you're saying the 'real' Muse is pop songs like SH and not neo-prog like "The Globalist"?

So you're saying the 'real' Muse is pop songs like SH and not neo-prog like "The Globalist"?

You're saying the "real" Muse is a one shot "prog" song that's really just three other songs slapped together, and not the pop material that has comprised a good portion of their output and an increasing majority of their singles?

That's... uh... a stretch.

You're saying the "real" Muse is a one shot "prog" song that's really just three other songs slapped together, and not the pop material that has comprised a good portion of their output and an increasing majority of their singles?

That's... uh... a stretch.

Sure the singles. But look at the album tracks on 'Drones'. Reapers, Aftermath, The Handler, Drones. Muse have always had a good mix of commercial songs for singles and more complex music for those who appreciate that. The same dynamic has held since 'Absolution'.

Listening back to all four songs I find The Dark Side a good song, not their best but way fa from their worse and a good compromise between the "new" and "old" sound. Thought Contagion is okay, could probably be worked better, it bores me sometimes. But what surprised me the most is that I actualy like Dig Down way more than Something Human.