The Dark Side has some wubstep as well. There's an instrumental floating around which must be from an older version. If you phase shift it against the current release, the main things left over (after compression artifacts) are vocals and wubs.

In other words, they turned up the wub-wubs for the final release.

I think the volume of the wub-wub synth is always the same, it's just that it may be affected by the sidechain compression applied for the vocals.

Tagging a video about Rocket Baby Dolls with Pressure. This could get interesting.

wait what

Edit: ooh ok, seen it. Actively interested in seeing the vid and lyrics for this one, which makes a change. Getting fans involved, reposting this old clip, Matt confirming it’s about pressure as a creator...could be potentially shaping up to be something pretty bold and direct.

Edited by Jobby

WAKE UP!

Pressure's lyrics are out and they're even darker than The Dark Side :eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/9hrvcc/muse_pressure_lyrics/

They're so edgy in some parts to the point of being almost hilarious to me, lol, but if they're absolutely honest (and I think they are, because of their rawness) then...

Wow. Matt's cross as fuck.

I remember making a post in some thread on here a fair while back (way before we knew owt about Pressure) saying I hoped Matt would write something on this topic but didn’t think he actually would

the absolute madman

Edit: can’t wait for the video

Do you really think "I see your corruption" is a lyric about fans ? ;)

Lyrics are not about fans IMO...but about the same thing who has been bitten by someone's false beliefs... Same ideas since the beginning in Muse songs : the world is corrupted and not real ("I need you out of my head", "Get out of my face, out of my mind")...

So, Muse won't make us pay ;)

Do you really think "I see your corruption" is a lyric about fans ? ;)

Lyrics are not about fans IMO...but about the same thing who has been bitten by someone's false beliefs... Same ideas since the beginning in Muse songs : the world is corrupted and not real ("I need you out of my head", "Get out of my face, out of my mind")...

So, Muse won't make us pay ;)

I know what Matt said...and he really feels pressure. But I think that the song is not really about that, even if he feels pressure on his music. IMO the song is more deep than problems with fans... How explain the lyric "I see your corruption" ? Fans are corrupted ???
You know it can be about pressure from a lot of things, right? You’re basically saying “yeah Matt said this but my interpretation of this one line begs to differ”. You say that it’s deeper but at the same time try to apply a very shallow interpretation of how corruption would apply to fans. Edited by Tjet

You know it can be about pressure from a lot of things, right? You’re basically saying “yeah Matt said this but my interpretation of this one line begs to differ”. You say that it’s deeper but at the same time try to apply a very shallow interpretation of how corruption would apply to fans.

How do you explain "I see your corruption" ?

Social media corrupts people’s behaviour by disconnecting ones actions from the reactions. People say things they would never say in real life, and echo chambers are quite easily created. Not to mention that social media amplifies bad sides in people because they see support from others. Flat earth theory never would have gotten as big as it is today if it wasn’t for the internet. Misogyny wouldn’t have gotten to the extreme point that it has reached on the internet on mainstream social media like twitter, Facebook and YouTube especially.

Or that line could simply be about the media.

Social media corrupts people’s behaviour by disconnecting ones actions from the reactions. People say things they would never say in real life, and echo chambers are quite easily created. Not to mention that social media amplifies bad sides in people because they see support from others. Flat earth theory never would have gotten as big as it is today if it wasn’t for the internet. Misogyny wouldn’t have gotten to the extreme point that it has reached on the internet on mainstream social media like twitter, Facebook and YouTube especially.

Or that line could simply be about the media.

My thought about a world corrupted in this song is in adequacy with a lot Muse other songs and with the simulation theory...

I get the feeling Matt included a few awkward lines to make it clear he’s NOT whinging about Muse fans, or the media. I suspect he’s complaining about some restrictive recording contract we’re unaware of, likely with NDAs involved, that has influenced their recent musical output.

That, or we’re still in the era of vague sincerity cloaked in metaphors.