Didn't they said they recorded a song that is "a bit hip hop with a big guitar riff" before SH was released? What if it was just that?

Sounds like TC to me tbh but maybe’s there’s another that fits that description as well. Defo no hip hop in Pressure.

I’m wondering if we can draw anything from the descriptions of the disc 2 versions. Dig Down, Something Human and Pressure’s all seem to explore/highlight one element of the normal version (gospel, acoustic and marching band). Following that, we know there’s another acoustic driven track on there somewhere so I’d be tempted to narrow that down to either The Void or Propaganda since their alt. versions are just ‘acoustic’ like SH. Break It To Me’s obvs listed as being a remix, so maybe the original is the Timbaland produced tune.

Blockades doesn’t have an alt. version but, given Matt’s allusion to that being somewhat heavy with riffs, that could be the 7 string song. Just leaves GUAF as a totally unknown quantity.

This version? Yeah there is more guitar but the song is still primarily electronic.

thats not the one. it was a few weeks before t2l release and it was caught on a cam...forgot the name of it was. its where they also played supremacy for the first time and also animals

thats not the one. it was a few weeks before t2l release and it was caught on a cam...forgot the name of it was. its where they also played supremacy for the first time and also animals

Ah the Cologne show in Germany. Yeah I remember that but low quality cell phone videos can tend to sound beefier than good quality audio.

Hell Supremacy was such a disappointment after that show. Went from sounding heavy as fuck to super thin overdrive on the album. Got the same treatment Unnatural Selection got.

The bass on all the recordings of that gig/song were really fucked up, and masked a lot of the song. That and Matt's guitar gave me a totally different idea of what the song would be like. I was really obsessed with that ewerk version, and although I like the actual song, it didn't come close to living up to what I thought it was going to be.

Probably even more so than the electronic nature of the song, the vocals were always better live. It's an emotional song, and the choruses in particular sound subdued and weak on the album, and powerful and raw live. That's been a big criticism of mine with the band for quite a while now, though; they often struggle to make Matt's vocals sound as emotive or real as they should be, and end up sounding really "polished" for lack of a better word.

Ah the Cologne show in Germany. Yeah I remember that but low quality cell phone videos can tend to sound beefier than good quality audio.

Hell Supremacy was such a disappointment after that show. Went from sounding heavy as fuck to super thin overdrive on the album. Got the same treatment Unnatural Selection got.

I don't think it has anything to do with recording devices. They actually played it that beefy, I still remember that the vibrations made the tip of my nose itch. That bass was too much for my otherwise quite good camera to handle.

Edit: Okay that sounds weird, I should probably clear up that "it has nothing to do with recording devices, but it doesn't sound as bassy on my video". My camera really was overwhelmed by the bass.

, as soon as the really low sounds start, the volume drops. Edited by fuesch

If any of the 5 new songs were to take the title, surely it’d have to be Dig Down

Yeessss! I love 3 of them actually... For now, i have to admit that Pressure is the best out of 5. Just because the fact that I listened to this song more than TDS...

:LOL:

I'm honestly curious why you still show up here. Cause it's usually just to put a laughing emoji to anyone's optimism. I'm fine with criticism (it's deserved), but that laughing emoji all the time just pisses me off honestly. It's like you think you're better than everyone because you decided you don't like Muse anymore.

Y’all are taking fabrizio too seriously

If any of the 5 new songs were to take the title, surely it’d have to be Dig Down

Honestly Dig Down’s not even baaad in of itself. It just suffers from a combination of being v short, simple and conventional whilst sounding overly familiar to Madness, causing it to feel like a less inspired or ‘lazy’ version. If it’d come first there probs wouldn’t be a problem.