Seems Propaganda will be the poppiest track of the album, featuring Timbaland., Angel Lopez & Federico Vindver (credited as writers along with Matt)

Good news is, none of the other tracks have them. So this may just be a one off :LOL:

Tbf, as far as pop producers go, Timbaland made some pretty innovative-sounding stuff....for, like, 2004 but still

Honestly every damn movie with a big cast is likely to have a similar poster. It's the way they've been done for decades, and any likeness to Ready Player One is pretty obvious coincidences for any Muse fan. The shades? Matt has been wearing those for ages. The colour scheme? Obviously taken from the whole synthwave style.

This. I genuinely think everything up to and including Revolt is pretty great.

Mercy aside (which isn’t even bad, just v plain), :yesey:

I feel like you didn’t like Revolt before, or am I thinking of someone else?

GEMA has all the songs published

Put the writer as MATTHEW JAMES BELLAMY

Take a screenshot? I’m not getting anything either, not sure what/if I’m doing owt wrong. (also what is GEMA)

Edited by Jobby

People underrate Drones so much smh

I’ve tried so hard to like the past three albums. Mostly I learned to believe that Muse had fundamentally changed, and were no longer capable of being “old Muse” — so it was fine that the new albums were a bit forgettable. They were still fun, and quite listenable.

TDS has just ruined all of that for me. Suddenly I hate everything they’ve done over the past 10 years. :LOL:

Seems Propaganda will be the poppiest track of the album, featuring Timbaland., Angel Lopez & Federico Vindver (credited as writers along with Matt)

shellback is a credited writer on get up and fight, so, despite the track title...that's bound to have a certain level of glitz to it...

Yeah, lots of interesting stuff on there! Matt's company is GLOBALIST INDUSTRIES, set up in 2016 or sometehing. Also "alternative titles" of Propaganda is PROPAGANDA (ALBUM VERSION) meaning that there's gonna probably be a single!
Or it's album version vs acoustic version.

based on early reports, i figured shellback would have a slightly greater presence that what's shown on the credits.

on the whole, i think he does fine work...and often does a good job of turning, well, total crap, into non-crap. he's adept at mutating otherwise intolerable poppy tracks into decent 3:30 to 4:00 sojourns -- and, more often than not, they're the highlights of certain albums.

will be interested to see what transpires w/ a bellamy collab.

that said, my money's on a matt whip-crack, resulting in minimal influence.

Decided to let the new song sink in for a couple of days before commenting fully apart from my brief first impressions, and having just re-listened through all the songs they've released so far for this album, here's where I'm at at the moment...

I still think Dig Down is horrible. Assuming I like the rest of the album (who knows at the moment), I can see myself just deleting that song straight out of the blocks and having it as a 10 song album. It's just not what I want from a Muse song, and if I wanted to listen to some George Michael, that's what I'd do. I might give it a generous 1/10 at the moment.

I remain pretty unconvinced by Thought Contagion. It just doesn't do it for me, despite a decent riff, etc, whether that's the vocals, the repetitiveness, the whoas, or what, I don't know. It's only about three minutes and it still feels way too long for what it is. 3/10 maybe.

Something Human is okay, though I'm not really a fan of the production, percussion, backing vocals, etc, on the current version. I can see myself enjoying the acoustic version a lot more though, as I liked the preview. Maybe 5/10 but 6/10 for the acoustic?

The Dark Side is the first song I've felt is pretty decent straightaway. I wouldn't say it's breathtakingly spectacular or anything, but I like it enough to imagine listening to it more than the others. I wouldn't mind an album based on that. A solid 7/10 for me so far?

Where that leaves the rest of the album, I've honestly no idea at the moment though! :LOL: