I actually quite like the mix on TR. I can get what you mean by dullest, there's not really much personality and it all sounds almost a bit too perfect but it is really tight

All the rockier songs are so lifeless. UD is still their best-produced song so far, though.

Yeah I always thought T2L had the best production, I don't have the best of speakers in my car and it sounds absolutely incredible compared to the other albums, but I also do agree UD is one of their best sounding ones too, it almost has the same feel as T2L's mixing/mastering

T2L was when they did their own mixing and mastering, wasn't it? That was definitely their best production-wise. It's a shame the majority of the songs on it definitely needed some assisted direction.

Nah never done their own mixing and mastering. They produced TR and T2L themselves, but they've always had studio engineers and then mixed and mastered by other people

That's correct. It will be released at 2 P.M. (GMT)

I just landed on the last page of the thread so im sorry if this was already mentioned a lot. Do we know if it's premiering in a specific radio station before airing on the usual places (spotify, YT, etc.) ?

I just landed on the last page of the thread so im sorry if this was already mentioned a lot. Do we know if it's premiering in a specific radio station before airing on the usual places (spotify, YT, etc.) ?
here's some info

Some interesting stuff in there...among other things, Matt confirms that they are planning on doing what they talked about for a while re: changing the album process up. Write, record, and release one song at a time (Dig Down now, he says probably another maybe around the fall, etc.), then put together an album towards the end. He does say in that interview that Dig Down will be on the next album when they get to it. EDIT - or it may be, he suggests the album will probably incorporate the best of the individual songs they've put out, plus some new stuff.

Interesting descriptions of the sound, lyrics and process of writing Dig Down, so interested to see what it sounds like...

Summary of what I've heard so far:

Dig Down - all about faith and inner drive to succeed in hard times; lyrics blending the personal and political; there's moar percussion than usual thanks to producer Mike; Dig Down will be on the next album

LP8 - Muse will (says Matt) work on one song at a time for the next album and write, record and release each one quickly - so that the mood, experiences and circumstances they are trying to capture in a song are still around when they release it (as opposed to having to wait a few months while the rest of the album is prepared); album may end up coming out after a series of songs have been released first; album may not have a coherent concept, and may be a compilation of the songs released beforehand plus a few new songs

EDIT: didn't see the post above me lol. But glad I haven't misheard anything