Isn't Elle's favorite song spiral static? Wouldn't now be a good time to tell her to have Matt play it? We could go through her to have Matt play a track that otherwise we would probably never hear live. Since she's really friendly with fans, I figure she'd be quite receptive to the idea and she interacts with them on her own accord regularly so I don't consider it an invasion of privacy or anything.

I mean if futurism and yes please could come out of nowhere then surely this could.

I think this is a good idea.

Lol Elle's favorite song is really spiral static??

Yeah, she said it either on Twitter or on one of her Instagram posts a while back and it got a little bit of attention on here and Twitter for a while

I imagine Matt already knows if it's her favourite tbh, she may well have already asked him to play it at some point. He doesn't exactly seem like an easy man to convince :chuckle:

Plus, I dunno, maybe it's just me but using his girlfriend to try and get a single rarity played is stepping over the line a bit imo. Fair play if it's someone in the band or crew but family members and partners should probs be left out of it.

Plus, I dunno, maybe it's just me but using his girlfriend to try and get a single rarity played is stepping over the line a bit imo. Fair play if it's someone in the band or crew but family members and partners should probs be left out of it.

As much as I agree with this...

We could do a #SpirElleStatic hashtag on Twitter and on their Instagram accounts

...the thought of doing this made me :LOL: Imagine if that actually worked.

Absolutely.

Twitter has already reached out to his brother with the petition and he said he'd "have a word".

:facepalm: Now that is cringe worthy. Musers really are a desperate bunch. :noey:

I think this is a good idea.

Yeah, she said it either on Twitter or on one of her Instagram posts a while back and it got a little bit of attention on here and Twitter for a while

I'm going to go with "gross."

I suppose Easily would be worse...

Same response to trying to get song requests through her.

Also, a comment's upvotes finally beat that one Tesseract linked earlier on reddit.

It was written by Dee.

The fanbase is officially dead.

Wtf, just looked at the thread. They're all being critical. Is this one of the 66 seals being broken?

Wtf, just looked at the thread. They're all being critical. Is this one of the 66 seals being broken?

Either the kids haven't gotten out of summer school yet, or these are dark times.

Tbf, the thread you linked before, while still hilarious, was mostly people defending not spamming fuck you to the band on Twitter.

This situation is a bit different.

Twitter has already reached out to his brother with the petition and he said he'd "have a word".

Jesus :facepalm: Shouldn't really be surprised, I suppose.

Thankfully, he was probably just saying that to shut them up. The most I can see him saying to Matt is 'lmao what have you done to piss them off this time'.

Musers really are a desperate bunch. :noey:

'rawk 4 smart ppl hehe'

Lol well to be fair ADL did point out how receptive she is, she wouldn't have told us spiral static was her favorite track otherwise. It's definitely not cringeworthy IMO compared to something like hitting up his mom or brother or something. Technically you could call her a crew member since she was 'performing' on stage at Montreux :LOL:

Lol well to be fair ADL did point out how receptive she is, she wouldn't have told us spiral static was her favorite track otherwise. It's definitely not cringeworthy IMO compared to something like hitting up his mom or brother or something. Technically you could call her a crew member since she was 'performing' on stage at Montreux :LOL:

I was referring to Musers hitting up Matt's brother for setlist help as cringeworthy. Asking Elle what her favorite Muse song seems alright.

I know I'm deflecting, but I wish all those fans had just not done all this, and none of this had happened.

And they're just going to keep making it worse.

Wha?

Lol well to be fair ADL did point out how receptive she is, she wouldn't have told us spiral static was her favorite track otherwise. It's definitely not cringeworthy IMO compared to something like hitting up his mom or brother or something.

Telling fans her favourite song just seemed like a polite and friendly response to a pretty normal question to me tbh. It doesn't really sign her up to being fine with having a hashtag made about her or receiving a wall of requests on social media imo. I know I wouldn't appreciate it if it was me.

Personally, I think it's just as bad as contacting family members. At the end of the day, none of them directly have anything to do with the band and shouldn't be dragged into stuff like this. Friendly conversations are pretty harmless but being targeted by rabid fans can be scary and annoying.

If anything, hearing that people have been pestering his girlfriend might put Matt off even more.

Anyway, let's move on to something lighter than this :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

JJ, you and ADL were the biggest two upset that the questions about US setlists in the Q&A didn't get answered.

Well, Matt's answered it.

(And I rather wish he hadn't.)

The answer is unacceptable, imo, but I think now people need to stop going off the deep end.

The petition is too far, imo, and talking to family members and girlfriends because he's unwilling to change his mind is way, way too far.

Totally unrelated, but this interview before a gig by Pain of Salvation made me think of Muse:

Basically: He randomly mentions that he broke two toes on the night before, but hasn't had time to see a doctor yet because of the upcoming gig, so since no one has told him not to jump around, he's probably go on as usual.